New Method To Experience Bf...

Guest TooRisky

Guest HairyGreek

That they did. They belong. Neil Peart has been my favorite drummer for decades.

Ahhh...Neil Pert....amazing. Try to get some of their shows live on CD. His solos will blow your mind. :rock:

Now, how cool would it be if Sas trid to "wood-knock" to Neil Pert when you played Rush out in the bush? A little "dueling banjos" but with wood. Oh yeah!

TooRisky, have you ever tried playing music using an actual instrument instead of recorded sounds?

I've played accoustic guitar and shakuhachi in the woods many times to see if it would bring about a responses.

BFF Patron

And..........?

Aside from getting creeped out once nothing definate. My thought was that the gentle, low tones might bring a similiar response from them, but so far I just got that "watched" feeling. Problem is that in playing either instrument one would be apt to miss any sublte sounds around them and I think that's what's been happening to me so far. I'm working on building up my nerve enough to just keep playing no matter what happens; but you really have to set aside your instinct to be aware of what's going on around you. I'm not there yet.

BFF Patron

Interesting, reason I asked is post-sighting a few weeks later, I tried to precipitate another encounter using a native wood flute. It was a little hair-raising as I could hear approaches at night but could see nothing (approaches from three sides) but whatever it was would not break cover. After about twenty minutes of that......I was out of there the only direction I thought was uncovered. I, like your creeped out feeling, could not quite get over the feeling of multiples just out of sight ..... waiting/listening....don't know what I really expected but it so happens I was using a low slung supernightshot camcorder on a tripod behind a woodpile that night aimed directly at me with a remote. I guess I suspected that I would be approached closely again....well I was but not close enough and didn't quite have the nerve to wait that one out. Interesting that they wouldn't break cover. So much for fooling them. Was it the tech. or did I just not wait long enough.....guess I'll never know on that one. Didn't try anything like that again.

No no no, you have it all wrong.......No yodeling hack is good enough for this job. For a job like this only the gentlemen that defeated the Martians with his power yodel will do.

The one, the only, the legendary Mr. Slim Whitman

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ndChcyOAEcs

The thing is.....if you could blast this like they did in the movie, and maybe remove the music and just leave the yodeling....it could actually work......BF would be like "WTH is that?" and have to come check it out.

My dad made sure I was raised on this stuff. I still have all the old records Dad had. Great memories.

Edited by Tautriadelta

Guest TooRisky

TooRisky, have you ever tried playing music using an actual instrument instead of recorded sounds?

Sorry to say I never could figure out music, nor did picking up a instrument ever catch on with me... not a singer either so theres strike two, and strike three would be my two left feet and dancing is out...lol

Guest gerrykleier

That is so cool. Yet another reason to like BF. They dig Pink Floyd! Please tell me they really respond to "Is There Anybody Out There?" That would be perfect.

Don't play CAREFUL WITH THAT AXE, EUGENE!

Guest toejam

I have been trying a new concept idea that seems to work to a certain point… I am now full time in the woods boondocking and trying to figure out how this species thinks and acts… What I am doing in just setting up my van dwelling camp, no fire, very low light, no cameras, no microphones, no IR nothing but a small CD player with speakers playing the melodic music of Pink Floyd but not blasting it… The week long experiment brought in 2 nights back to back of close encounters meaning that I could never see them I could defiantly smell them… a note on the smell is that I am now pretty sure I am smelling carrion (sp) in which would mean they roll in their kills like so many other predator’s… The smell is layered with a very musky scent and what appears to smell like wet dog/urine… They seemed to stay till I decided to go to bed and do not think they ever came into camp; nothing was disturbed, and nothing missing and no prints… So maybe it is too simple to get them to give a little attention, heck the price is right as nothing really is needed less than a cheap CD player and cheap speakers… just chill out, pay them no attention, forget the pictures and video, just experience the experience…

TooRisky

PS: This is for yourself, no groups, and no there wont be any pictures or video... Do you wanna experience BF or prove the species exists...? Ya first have to be comfortable by yourself in the woods camping alone, then ween off the fire and become friends with the dark, then the experience will happen if they are about...

Good advice.

I experienced a carrion smell earlier this month while camping a location of a previous incident.

It was about 11:30pm.

I got up from my chair went to my cooler and all of a sudden got a dead smell whiff.

I thought my meat couldn't go bad already, we just got here!

It was there for a few minutes then gone again. That was it.

My first thought was either a wolf or a squatch.

I know dogs roll in carrion so wouldn't a wolf do the same?