Violent Bigfoot

JDL

I performed a quick google search for some of the names in the Sacred Baby Mountain story. There are genealogical records of a Jonathan Joshua LeFlore in the Oklahoma Territory contemporaneous to the period of the account, and also a prominent Choctaw indian family with the surname Tubbee, including Chief Okah Tubbee.

It seems to me that further investigation would require discussion with Dr. Tuklo Nashoba, the author of the account, to determine his sources, and some digging into territorial and tribal records from the period.

Dr. Nashoba titled the story as a Legend, and authorized its use by the TBRI, stating that the "ITS-BIG" site containing the Legend "was mostly for fun". Dr. Nashoba's site no longer appears to exist.

Edited by JDL

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Hi K Adam,

Actually, chimps do predate on humans. It's become an increasing problem in Africa where they are known to enter human dwellings to steal infants and children.

A couple of years ago here in the states we had a chimp go nuts, kill one human, attempt to kill another, and feed off of portions of both.

Wudewasa,

I've seen one article in a Native American accounts site that bigfoot were hit harder by European diseases in the 1500s than the Native Americans were. Another states that they were hit pretty hard by the Spanish Flu back in 1917 - 1919.

Interesting, it is the first time I read about these chimp raids in african villages...(scary!!. I have just read about some rare isolated attacks, usually by biting....I think I also read about that chimp attack, I remember think a woman invited a neighbour to see her chimp and the chimp attacked the second woman...

Interestingly enough, Timberghost put up some pics that he says closely resemble the "locals" he deals with on his site last year. One of them, taken from a 50's horror film, bears a scary close resemblance to the "new" Neanderthal reconstruction in the book everyone is discussing.

This will coincide with the public realization that bigfoot are the ultimate lurkers. I don't think it will end prettily. Imagine today's equivalent of a community banding together with pitchforks and torches to chase down and kill the monsters, only replace the pitchforks and torches with current technology. You're not going to get bigfoot to obey laws and you're not going to convince scared people to just let them be when bigfoot turn up near their towns.

In a way this is happening as I write this here in Australia After the Great white took the Surfer Yesterday (Fathers Day in Australia) and now they are trying to hunt the Shark down to kill it "because it now has the Taste for Human". So what chance would BF have when the ocean is more intolerable to human life that a forest is...

Guest PaulGT3

I live just 120 miles from Bishop and the Bigfoot rampage incident. I have played softball up there many times.I have a place in Mammoth

Lakes so we go through Bishop Many many times a year. There are

only two camping parks and another park downtown. Browns town campsite on the south end of town next to the golf course. Outside

of a few drunken Bigfoots there yelling and whistling just as your about to hit a 7 iron over water on the back nine pretty harmless.

The park in town is day use only and too far away from the Moutains for anything to happen there. BUT Millspond Campsite is

on the north end of town and there is a possibility of creatures getting in there from the mountains. In the winter there is a 10 degree

drop in temps from where Brownstown campsite to Millspond campsite, Millspond being colder. In BigFoot Rampage story, the authorities close

the supposed campsite. Well if that is true then Millspond is just as dangerous for the reasons they closed the BIGFOOT campground. Its up against the

Sierras and accessible to the BF coming down. Also there are several roads including hwy 395 that leave Bishop and head straight up into the

Seirras. There are other campsites further up the Sierras. I dont see any reason they would have closed ANY campsites because they would have to close

ALL of them. Just 20 miles from there up further, the Mammoth Motocross is held each year in a secluded little valley that is home to one of

the best Motocross tracks in the country. But its IN the mountains. If Local authorities were worried about that campsite, the Motocross campsite

is IN BIGFOOT territory, they would have closed that.

So in summary I am thinking the Bigfoot rampage story is just that,- a story. Probably hatched by BF enthusiasts around the Bishop area around campfires

to scare the children.

I think what ever hostilities we had are gone too. Think about it people create food (as far as BF is concerned). BF as we have all agreed is a pretty smart

dude. WHy kill the golden goose. If they are raiding someones garden, hog pens, rabbit cages, WHY would they kill the person that creates the food?

The Forest people agreed IF and only IF MR. Gore could get them wireless internet up there in the Sierras. They CANT get DSL up there(no phone lines) so they would need cable. If anybody could do it, it would be the man who invented the internet right? Well NO. Gore said that he had NO pull in the Eastern Sierra Cable companies. PLUS the cable company up there NPG is owned by a Conservative. SO NO DEAL. So the Sierra Forest people are mad and for good reason but I dont know if thats good enough to attack humans

Edited by PaulGT3
edited to conform to forum rules

Guest PaulGT3

Oh come on it was pretty **** funny even if not exactly within the rules.

THe top part is totally true however. I cracked myself up!

Guest HairyGreek

@Biggie...

You know how sometimes things just go right over a person's head? I have no idea why you referenced Jodie and face-palmed something? Did I miss something?

I guess biggie gettin' high is a more viable topic than biggie gettin' wireless internet to surf the web. Maybe biggie would shun violence if we left flash drives with video on them showing how mellow we are and how we can be counted on to show up with doughnuts and Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies!

Guest RedRatSnake

@Biggie...

You know how sometimes things just go right over a person's head? I have no idea why you referenced Jodie and face-palmed something? Did I miss something?

Because she had to edit PaulGT3,s post

Tim :)

Jodie, the Them + Us book has me wondering about some things. You get a new piece of information and you look at it a bunch of ways to see how it fits into the puzzle. So I've been wondering....if the bigfoot DNA info that has been leaked is accurate, if the bigfoot mitochondrial DNA is human, if the nuclear DNA indicates there are 200 polymorphisms between us and neanderthals, and 750 polymorphisms between us and bigfoot, it would be impossible for neanderthals to be the other half of the hybrid, wouldn't it? Could the polymorphal distance between one parent and the hybrid offspring be farther than the polymorphal distance between the two parents?

By the way, I've always thought that the auquatic ape theory of human evolution had more merit than the savannah theory.

Edited by JDL

Hi JDL- I know enough about genetics to follow some of what the "leakers" are saying and to know whether it sounds valid. I have a lot of doubts about the mtDNA being human/bigfoot hybrid since Stubstad did say those samples were not used in the study. I assume that means the nuclear DNA wasn't sequenced from those two samples. Stubstad drew his own conclusions based on what little information he had and from an unverified technique for comparison, or so I gathered from what he said while he was here. The other information about the distance in the polymorphisms also came from what I consider to be an even less reliable source than Stubstad, so I won't believe any of it until I see the reports for the samples myself, assuming that will ever be possible.

That said, I have heard two others say different things about the percentage of DNA being human, one was on the Squatchdetective radio show, I can't remember the guys name, Johnson I think? Well he blurted out some percentage that was human but didn't elaborate. Another source said 37% similar to humans. Who knows what the study will really show because, regardless of the results, it all depends on how someone wants to interpret them. When someone says a percentage of anything, you need to know what they are specifically talking about within the genome. So those tidbits really don't give you anything to puzzle out either.

Assuming that the mtDNA (where RNA is made outside the nucleus)is human from the mother, that would still leave a certain percentage of the nuclear DNA to be human with a first generation hybrid. Depending on which line produced further offspring would determine what you get in this situation if it is related to the Neanderthal. Assuming a female Neanderthal gave birth to a hybrid, it would more than likely stick with that line, rather than be further diluted with the Cro Magnon line. We assume that all Neanderthals were absorbed into the Cro Magnon line because of the fossil record and the newly sequenced Neanderthal genome. What if those assumptions are wrong? I guess we will have to wait and see what the DNA study results are before we can really draw any conclusions.

I have wondered about whether certain caves and other sites, campgrounds, etc., that closed were closed because of BF. I read something or other about a public park featuring caves in Ohio, I think, were there were sightings, and they closed it and there was something about the cave had damage over the winter or something.....? ring a bell anyone?

So the rampage is one, but anyone know of other such closings, with or without the gratutitous violence?

Oh come on it was pretty **** funny even if not exactly within the rules.

THe top part is totally true however. I cracked myself up!

Oh ok glad to hear you were joking and don't actually believe what you wrote. Sometimes humor can be hard to sense in text and that was one of those cases. I hereby revoke your facepalm and release you from it's curse of shame. :D