Violent Bigfoot

JDL

BFF Patron

In view of the recent thread documenting that Paulides/NABS is releasing a book with the premise that many missing persons may actually be attributed to Sasquatch predation in the backwoods...... thought it would be appropo to go back to one of the "go to" threads for a look at some of the commentary.

Edited by bipedalist

• 3 months later...

I wonder....it occurred to me.....I know there is evidence of cannibalism in Anasazi cultures.......I wonder if it was not them eating each other, but maybe bigfoot eating the Anasazi, instead. Sort of random, but just wanted to put it out there.

Make no mistake, if they wanted us, they could/would have us. A conventional home structure would be no match for a Sas intent on getting in. You certainly couldn't outrun one. They don't refrain from slaughtering us because of our "superior intellect, or strength of firepower". They choose to live along side and tolerate us as they have for thosands of years.

Yes, I'm quite sure there have been hikers, campers, etc. who were objects of violence doled out by some Sasquatch. They may even have been eaten. I have no allusions that some of these beings are just plain bad news, just like human counterparts.

They are that much like us, there are a range of behaviors in them just like us. From extremely good, to the edge of pure evil. Nothing para, or speculative about it. Of coarse this is just my "educated" opinion-Knuck

Well stated.

Kc - The evidence for cannibalism came first from human remains (myoglobin) found in human feces, Later, assemblages of bones from dismembered bodies were found that had been defleshed, cut, fractured, in some cases, boiled or roasted and left when the residence was abandoned soon after. Evidence of this practice has been found over a span or 200 to 300 years leading up to the collapse of the Ancestral Pueblo population centers (formerly Anasazi - which means 'ancient enemies - an insult to Puebloans of today). There is plenty of evidence they ate each other, but given

BF's unwillingness to enter areas of concentrated human habitation today, if he did consume the occasional human, it was not in these old places.

Assuming a female Neanderthal gave birth to a hybrid, it would more than likely stick with that line, rather than be further diluted with the Cro Magnon line. We assume that all Neanderthals were absorbed into the Cro Magnon line because of the fossil record and the newly sequenced Neanderthal genome. What if those assumptions are wrong? I guess we will have to wait and see what the DNA study results are before we can really draw any conclusions.

What are the chances the hybrid would be sterile?

SSR Team

She's no longer on the Forum George so don't expect an answer.

I have wondered about whether certain caves and other sites, campgrounds, etc., that closed were closed because of BF. I read something or other about a public park featuring caves in Ohio, I think, were there were sightings, and they closed it and there was something about the cave had damage over the winter or something.....? ring a bell anyone?

So the rampage is one, but anyone know of other such closings, with or without the gratutitous violence?

Supposedly a campground, Sru Lake, in southern Oregon was closed due to BF ripping up things.

She's no longer on the Forum George so don't expect an answer.

What happened to her? She was a regular and had lots of personality.

Back to the thread of violent BF. The thread below describes some violent BF behavior.

Interesting Stories Of Dead Bigfoot

Edited by georgerm

The most dangerous thing to a human is another human. We have a spectrum of individuals in our society ranging from the completely altruistic to those who personify evil. There are also situations in which an otherwise benign individual can become homicidal. We all accept this.

Several members of this forum have previously stated that there is also a spectrum of personality among bigfoot, from the benign to the dangerous. Others have observed that an otherwise benign bigfoot may become dangerous under certain situations.

It is most probable that the majority of bigfoot encounters are peaceful. But there is no doubt that some encounters with humans are dangerous or fatal for the bigfoot. It is also hard to believe that some encounters with bigfoot are not dangerous or fatal for the human involved.

There are those who maintain that bigfoot are universally peaceful and pose no threat whatsoever. I do not feel that this is realistic.

So the questions that go through my mind are:

1. What reports indicate that bigfoot have the potential to behave violently toward humans?

2. How credible are these reports?

3. What common elements can we find from reports regarding what prompts violent behavior toward humans by bigfoot?

4. Has anyone ever correlated geographical reports of bigfoot with geographical cases of missing, or predated humans?

I've been fortunate in that the most menacing bigfoot behavior I have ever experienced has been intimidation and stalking. But next time....

Violent encounters:

Ape Canyon, Wa (1924):

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/beck.htm

Salmon river (1800s):

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/bauman.htm

Alaska (1900s):

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/2727-russell-annabel/

1) Many. If one digs enough these stories go on and on and on. Also if one digs into Indian lore, you'll find more stories with violent encounters with Sasquatch that include rape, eating of small children and murder of human males.

2) Some where told by the President of the US and others are Indian myths and everything in between.

3) Everything from Sasquatch defensive, reactive behavior to offensive, proactive behavior. In the three stories I've listed above the first story seems like a retribution act. The second story is could be seen as either a retribution act or a flat out attack. And the third story is an absolute predatory attack, which the creature is known for.

4) I have not.

The bottom line is is that any species of animal has variance in behavior. One Grizzly may run when it sees humans while the other may attack. Terrain, human reaction, animal disposition and a host of other conditions factor if a outcome is going to be hostile or not.

In the case of TImothy Treadwell and his girlfriend Amie Huguenard, the bear knew exactly what animals he was dealing with (humans) and decided to continue on with his predatory behavior anyhow. Which is very uncharacteristic of Brown Bear behavior in normal conditions, and yet it happened TWICE, as the bear after killing and partially eating Timothy, returned to the campsite and then killed Amie as well.

Guest BlurryMonster

What are the chances the hybrid would be sterile?

There were hybrids and they weren't sterile. They also weren't bigfoot.

Guest tirademan

Have found many old stories regarding bigfoot acting violent towards humans.

Here's a great one I found recently that shows moderated violence! :blink:

Groups of alpha males in the woods is a great technique for avoiding sasquatch. For greater success, try Jane Goodall, or Dian Fossey's technique...women with big balls! Much less threatening to an alpha male dominated society. To that point, I also found many stories where sasquatch would terrorize women and children once the men had left the farm. It seems obvious that bigfoot have learned that males pose the biggest threat and carry guns. On that note, I found many large posse search stories from the past too...not a thing found.

tirademan

OH1885ChasesWhipsThrowsRocks.jpg

Guest BFSleuth

I love the last paragraph:

"The exploit of Mr. Thompson and his friends is the subject of considerable speculation here, but it is worthy of mention that those who are loudest in denouncing him as a fairy-tale-teller are least anxious to put the wild man's existence to the test of investigation."

I just borrowed that for my sig line :)

What a great listing!

Reading this blog I think of the "Converse Werewolf" story; Teddy Roosevelt's "Wilderness Hunter" book and the Choctaw leader LeFlore being killed during a battle with a few Bigfoot that were stealing and eating the tribe's children.

I feel the Bigfoot as a whole are a peaceful group and will continue to be. Having said that, being very much like us, there has to also be sociopaths out there doing really bad things. To think otherwise wood be foolish! IMHO....

Have found many old stories regarding bigfoot acting violent towards humans.

Here's a great one I found recently that shows moderated violence! :blink:

Groups of alpha males in the woods is a great technique for avoiding sasquatch. For greater success, try Jane Goodall, or Dian Fossey's technique...women with big balls! Much less threatening to an alpha male dominated society. To that point, I also found many stories where sasquatch would terrorize women and children once the men had left the farm. It seems obvious that bigfoot have learned that males pose the biggest threat and carry guns. On that note, I found many large posse search stories from the past too...not a thing found.

tirademan

OH1885ChasesWhipsThrowsRocks.jpg

Interested that it used a weapon. Sounds like a male defending a female that had recently given birth, he didn't want to kill them, just scare them off.

As for violent tales of bigfoot attacking armed men, I'm sure everyone is familiar with the "Man Mountain" of Florida?

http://www.skunkapefiles.com/1800.html

Guest flycatch

BF is an apex predator so don't fool yourself into believing that they are benevolent beings. Too many people go missing in the woods and are never found. Just do your research as David Paulides has and you will find a common denominator. Hunters that go missing are very few however the hiker or camper are not. What is the denominator it's called a weapon. You all say how intelligent these creatures are and that proves the point. Mountain lions prey on who it nots' the hunter but the hiker on the foot trail.

What happened to her? She was a regular and had lots of personality.

Wondering the same thing.

I'm no longer in the care bear crowd personally, no offence to anyone that is, perhaps my experience was just different. I certainly have no doubt about what they are capable of if provoked, wounded, having a bad day or if perhaps you are unlucky enough to cross paths with a bad egg. They choose to avoid us for reasons only they sincerely know, we can make educated guesses that are most likely fairly accurate at least in some regards. I don't think they are all bad, I am also not naive enough to think that they are all good either. Painting anything with such broad strokes is a recipe for disappointment. Much like fellow that swims with White Sharks, he never goes over the side until he has a chance to see the shark's personality from the boat. He has something in his brain that tells him which sharks are players that he can interact with and which sharks have a lethal mentality. Hasn't failed him yet and he's been doing it for years. We don't have that privilege with Sasquatch, so proceeding carefully is certainly wise imo.

Edited by Tautriadelta