Today Is Remembrance Day

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Many have died for our freedom. So lets be respectful and remember them and our Vets! At 11:11 am on this day we bow our heads in a moment of silence and remembrance. And then the Vets march back to the Legion after the cenotaph cereimonies . Sorry no time for more I am off to the Legion.

Post a comment.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...brance-day.html

f-remembranceday-cp-584.jpg

Here a utube vid link

Thanks, Tracker wink.gif

Edited by tracker

SSR Team

It's not solely Canadian T..;)

11.11.11 RIP

Guest tracker

It's not solely Canadian T..;)

11.11.11 RIP

I know, nice Vid eh? wink.gif

Darn i forgot the t again should be Lest not less. grrr dry.gif can someone fix that? I am trying eat breaky and get to the legion.

BFF Patron

Hear, hear to our neighbor Vets and all their sacrifices in North America and abroad.

A big THANK YOU to all who have served and are currently serving their countries. :)

Today the resteraunt Golden Corral is offering a free dinner to all Veterans and active duty military from 5pm -9pm.

My thoughts today are for those that sacrificed so much, for our freedom and lifestyle. They are mainly from the generations before me, and now after me. My service during peacetime, was just a walk in the park. During wartime, it is an entirely different matter.

My heartfelt thanks to America's and Canada's the Free World's veterans, past and present. You guys rock.

Edited by Incorrigible1

The vets, their families, friends, and even pets pay a sacrifice for their service. My thoughts and gratitude goes to them all, especially to those of vets who didn't make it back home alive.

Thank a vet whenever you get the chance people. I know from personal experience that some vets even from WWII have never been thanked. That's very sad and when someone finally thanks them they deeply appreciate it almost to the point of tears.

A big THANK YOU to all who have served and are currently serving their countries. :)

Today the resteraunt Golden Corral is offering a free dinner to all Veterans and active duty military from 5pm -9pm.

When we travel with our military son, every restaurant we visited the waitress always asked him if he was active duty military, and they gave him a free meal.

Now I suspect if we had been in a military town they may not have asked nor given every soldier a free meal, they would go out of business, however, when a large group of us took my son out to celebrate his promotion he was in uniform, and they did comp his meal.

Guest wudewasa

A vet that I know is getting free meals from restaurants and asking for a to go box, then giving the food to homeless people. His service to the people of this country in neverending!

I started crying when I read your post. Military men stay military even in civilian life.

My son came home on 9/11 and informed me he was joining the military. He was 16. I asked him to finish high school, and why not look at West Point?

Then my athletic honor student said:"I can't get in West Point", and I asked:"Why not?"

He looked it up on the computer, applied, and started there a few days after he graduated high school.

On reception day we found him at the end of his day. Many new cadets could barely stand up straight as they took the military oath.

My boy had his big grin still on..He was happy, and I finally knew peace that he had chosen correctly.

He's a captain today, recently promoted, and a darn good officer from what other people who serve with him have said, including his commanding officers. I'm rather proud of him, and thankful to be his mother. :wub:

He too has been to war. I had to stop watching the news. One day his area had bombings everywhere, I could not reach him, and I was crying and terrified.

I came here for advice and the members helped me get through the day until I finally heard from him.

That was really rough. I cry just thinking about it.

Not every parent heard from their military children after that day..They heard from the military a couple of days later.

Edited by SweetSusiq

Guest tracker

Just a humble small town ceremony for our Vets and soldiers. We had rain and snow at the same time with a nice wind coming off the lake today. The color guard is a detachment from the Kingston base. Also I met a Vet that fought in Korea as we both listen in to the ww2 Vets war stories back at the legion. Civilians and Soldiers of all ranks and ages were hanging on their every word. They always steal the show. smile.gif

DSCF0024.jpg

Thanks for everything Vets!

Tracker wink.gif

BFF Patron

I happened to meet and have coffee with an 81 year old soldier/vet who was engaged in the Korean Conflict today also, small world. We mostly talked about the lessons that are never learned and how repeatedly that becomes evident. Then talking about other wars and how small the world still is. Thanked him for his service and he was appreciative.