Stagnation the most frustrating part of Squatchitis?

CelticKevin

I'm just going on a wee bit of a rant here. I was looking for some books on the subject and perhaps a new film to watch (after watching a miserable "documentary" about the She-Squatchers) and it became pretty clear that the world of Bigfoot is stagnant and has been for years. I ordered Peter Byrnes book and Ron Morehead's book but nothing else on Amazon seemed to grab me or I have already read it. And really, do any new books contain any new info or is it just more of the same old stuff dressed up? There is just so much dreck and inane stuff on the publishing side you feel badly for the trees that died for them to be printed. The same with documentaries. You get to watch a few re-enactments, hear a few stories and see a guy tromping through the woods in a gorilla suit but solid evidence or any titillating info is lacking. Basically, we watch 90 minutes of people camping and thinking every brush pop is a 8 foot tall hairy giant. And the talking heads just repeat the same stuff they said in the last film they participated in. Just feels like we are spinning our wheels here and isn't that just the most frustrating thing? You'd think somebody would manage to get something "new' to breath life into things.

So, has anybody seen anything lately that makes them excited about the subject or have we run the gamut and plumbed as deep as we can until serious folks do a serious study or, better yet, a body is acquired?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

No, if modern tech and modern methods have taught me anything…..it’s that I’ve been probably hoaxed my whole life and BF is either extinct or was a massive hoax the whole time.   About the only straw I hold onto is the PGF.   One hell of a hoax if it is one.  🤷🏻🤷🏻

I found this interesting. A sighting with a follow up of a survey of the track way by air. Big punch marks just like I saw so long ago.

4 hours ago, Twist said:

No, if modern tech and modern methods have taught me anything…..it’s that I’ve been probably hoaxed my whole life and BF is either extinct or was a massive hoax the whole time.   About the only straw I hold onto is the PGF.   One hell of a hoax if it is one.  🤷🏻🤷🏻

If Patty is real? Then there is/was a population out there that produced her. There are many places that have been nuked by humanity. I.e. Puget Sound. But there are many places left untouched as well that give me hope. Time will tell. Lots of things are changing in American archeology as well for the better. The 12000 year old Clovis first theory is now officially dead.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

The only cure for your current feelings is time in the deep woods

The quote is simple and straight forward. One does not need to make an epic trek into deep, dark forests. 

Spending money on books is questionable. None of the Four Horsemen saw a Sasquatch. Peter Byrnes never saw a Yeti or Sasquatch but he wrote a lot of books. I never bought into the Sierra Sounds entertainment noises. Rehashed rehashed and reformatted rehashed material goes on and on. The content creators have little or nothing to work with.

A 'she-squatcher' story that has been lost to time occurred at the Skookum Elk lay cast site. There was a gathering of women at the Elk lay site. They hung out all day. No hairy results. They did not pay attention to the calendar. As day light faded, Elk hunters filtered out of the woods. This begs the question: were they watched through high powered scopes executing the buddy system? "Know before you go".

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2024 at 1:37 PM, CelticKevin said:

So, has anybody seen anything lately that makes them excited about the subject or have we run the gamut and plumbed as deep as we can until serious folks do a serious study or, better yet, a body is acquired?

If you're in it for entertainment, but have an aversion to clickbait and other nonsense, you're at the current end of the road.   The only alternatives I see are 1) to become one of those serious folks doing serious study (There's a requirement for serious patience / stubbornness in the face of apparent lack of progress there, too.)   -or- 2) volunteer to assist some forum or other (hint hint wink wink) with administrative duties (this doesn't fix the problem, but allows you to continue participating while acknowledging the current lack of motion).

IMHO of course.

MIB

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, norseman said:

This is one of the most depressing videos I've seen in a long time. Thanks? LOL

41 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

This is one of the most depressing videos I've seen in a long time. Thanks? LOL

The point being is a lot of people burn out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MIB said:

This is why I seldom "go bigfooting."   Instead, I go fishing, hiking, hunting, exploring, taking pictures, whatever.   Make those my first priority.   Do it where there seems to be an elevated (comparatively speaking) chance of bigfoot activity, but make bigfoot .. secondary.    The odds of success at those other things seems higher, high enough to keep the interest going, and "bigfoot country" is a great place to do them.

I agree wholeheartedly!👏🏻

What MIB said.

"Squatching" is one  part of what I do when I head out in the local mountains. I'm out there hunting, prospecting, 4x4ing, and just plain exploring, as I was over 45 years ago when I first had an encounter and trackway find.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Believe me, I'd LOVE to be one of those "go outdoors and search" types. Problem is.... well, just not equipped for it. I was not brought up in an outdoorsy household. Oh I've been hunting and camping, but I have no clue how to operate a 4 wheeler or own a truck. I get lost going down a one way street. My knowledge of firearms is not extensive...thus, why I stick with my Ruger .22. My cousins are all avid outdoorsmen and women. But, my dad didn't have the time to take me out as a kid and raise me in such a way. Heck, right now I don't even own a pocket knife. So all of my study is from my office and keeping an eye to the sides of the road when we travel over the mountain passes. Bit of a lost cause I guess...lol.

• Upvote 1