Erickson Project

Admin

it just seems to me if the footage was exceptional, he would have plenty of offers.

You may have hit the nail on the head.

Guest gershake

Can someone call him and ask specific questions? Such as, "is the documentary fully finished, just waiting for release?" and "is it going to be a movie, a television special or a DVD?" and "are you going to update your website to reflect that Melba Ketchum's paper is out, and if so, when?" Take notes before you call him. (I always take notes before calling anyone because I'm terrible at improvising.)

I cant believe its about funding. Wasnt it mentioned "long ago" that the documentary is already done? If he got enough footage of BF itself, some aditional "new" interviews and a new edit shouldnt be to expensive.

And whats about Crowdfunding?

Edited by Data

I cant believe its about funding. Wasnt it mentioned "long ago" that the documentary is already done? If he got enough footage of BF itself, some aditional "new" interviews and a new edit shouldnt be to expensive.

And whats about Crowdfunding?

True. It's easy enough to edit and produce yourself these days. This is a ridiculous turn of events. You could almost conclude hoax on this one. In my mind, he's not much better than Dyer for bailing out and laying a giant fat egg.

Guest VioletX

Can someone call him and ask specific questions? Such as, "is the documentary fully finished, just waiting for release?" and "is it going to be a movie, a television special or a DVD?" and "are you going to update your website to reflect that Melba Ketchum's paper is out, and if so, when?" Take notes before you call him. (I always take notes before calling anyone because I'm terrible at improvising.)

Please can you do it ; )

Unless you are not in the U.S.???

Admin

This is for any Premium members who are interested... the BFF 1.0 archive has an entire thread on the Erickson project. It's very interesting because the info/rumors where fresh at the time and they do have more detail than what we are hearing today.

Adrian Erickson's Kentucky Project (2009)

BFF Patron

Interesting that Noel was all over top of that Matilda vid. too...... and decidedly wowed.

Hey Gigantor, thanks for posting that link as I had forgotten about the Erickson thread from 1.0.

I read through a few pages to stroll down memory lane. It was funny for me to see how naive I was with only a year or so of the BFF under my belt. I am much more cynical now for sure.

If I was Adrian Erickson, this is what I would do with the my project if I did not have funding or an avenue to market and was looking to recoup some or all of my investment-

The Kentucky Project (now known as the Erickson Project) started with the BFRO/ Moneymaker and the infamous Pancake Video. Erickson should contact Moneymaker privately to discus him getting involved again and the idea of pitching the documentary to Animal Planet. The introduction should be that Matt Moneymaker of AP’s hit TV series Finding Bigfoot was involved in a project with his organization the BFRO, in which he was able to obtain possible footage of a juvenile BF at a private residence in rural Kentucky. At the time the BFRO did not have the funding or resources to conduct long term research at the location. The video was purchased from Moneymaker and an NDA signed with real estate developer and BFRO investigator Adrian Erickson who privately funded and managed a 5-year research venture into the Bigfoot phenomena that until now has never been conducted.

They should give all of the background information and details such as the DNA project that has fallen short of definitively proving the existence of BF as well as the involvement of Dr. Leila Hadj-Chikh. They should also mention that she had received her start into BF research on a BFRO expedition.

They should introduce the idea of doing a Finding BF spinoff type special with the Erickson project. I am sure that Adrian would like to keep top billing but including Matt will help push the project along inside Animal Planet and help sell the idea.

There is no doubt that Finding Bigfoot is a hit TV series and that they have pushed sasquatch right into the butt crack of American pop culture. I am sure AP would jump at the chance to grab footage that dwarfs the snippets they show every week on FB. The key to this all is to include Matt as the head of the BFRO and co-star of FB, even if he was not involved past his buy out. Perhaps he could be the narrator of the program allowing Adrian and his team to take center stage.

After the NDA’s are signed and all is revealed and the pitch is done, if Animal Planet turns it down then Erickson has the card to play that he is also shopping it to Nat Geo or another competitive network. If AP turns it down again then Adrian may be in bigger trouble with this project then we know. BF programming is hot right now especially if you can parlay Finding BF into another project on the same network.

If Adrian truly believes what he has is real then he knows that filming a sasquatch is possible. If he got video then someone else could do the same. That person may have nothing invested and could let it go for pennies on the dollar. In an instant they could render Erickson’s project useless and bring the monetary value to $0.