Does A Bigfoot/ufo Connection Exist?

Guest thekingdomkeys

Admin

There are Elvis as well as UFO sightings in Cuba, so what? If you look hard enough, you could probably find reports of Elvis descending from a UFO. It means nothing.

Edited by gigantor

Ahh the insanity,it is surely running rampant on this thread! :this:

What particularly do you find to be the insanity, Julio? Would you happen to be scoffing at sightings involving both UFO's and Bigfoots and those members who are proponents of the idea? If so, such intolerance from a Bigfoot believer or one claiming their own sighting would be rather ironic, I think.

Guest Jodie

Well as y'all are so fond of saying Kit, that's a logical fallacy wrapped in a straw man and covered up in some deep ad hom. :onthequiet:

• Upvote 1

It's a question. If you like, I can go back through this thread as well as the paranormal thread and multiquote various believers scoffing at members who are interested in this school of thought in Bigfootery. Being from a minority position as a Bigfooter, that being a skeptic that enjoys Bigfoot as a myth, I can come from a position of understanding for Bigfooters of other less popular positions. Most of all, whether it is a skeptic scoffing at someone for simply believing in Bigfoot based on the information they have like as if they are an idiot, or orthodox Bigfoot believers scoffing at the beliefs of other Bigfoot believers because they hold less popular ideas, I just really object to intolerance.

Every member interested in discussing reports regarding a UFO/Bigfoot connection should be encourage in doing so. If aliens are visiting Earth and Bigfoot is a real species living across North America and other parts of the world, it certainly isn't insanity to talk and wonder about said aliens taking an interest in Bigfoot as close relatives of ours. What we don't need to speculate about is that there are now reports and not just a few connecting Bigfoot to aliens. I think the entire thing is a social construct, Bigfoot and alien visitation/abduction respectively, and I think they are subject to crossover. That's my view. Others vary. What I won't do is disrespect members who think the connection is not just social construct crossover.

It's the tolerance thing that is important to me, more than my skepticism or someone else's belief.

Edited by Art1972
to remove content...

Kitakaze -- I would like to express a high degree of agreement, and fellow-feeling, re your post #278. Saying this, as one who takes a minority position on BFF: i.e., I consider that the least unlikely scenario re this puzzzling matter is, for the paranormal to be in some way involved. I would not feel comfortable taking part, actively or passively, on a forum dedicated to this subject, on which those in charge of the forum acted with tacit hostility toward any idea or stance re Bigfoot, and made it fair game for unlimited ridicule. And I'd not have anything to do with a BF-dedicated forum which full-on outlawed any such idea or stance.

You will get no scoffing from me. It's 2012 and there is no clear footage of good provenance, no matching DNA samples of an unknown primate, no body or even part of one, and yet it is reported everywhere just like UFO's. Moreover, they are often reported with UFO's to the point of interaction. Bigfoot having a connection to alien visitation is no more bizarre than an actual living breeding uncatalogued species of mammal living across the continent maintaining breeding populations. That notion is every bit as fringe to our understanding of the world around us. You interest in a paranormal or UFO connection to Bigfoot would have had you mocked, dogpiled on, even banned on BFF v.1. We've grown up a lot since then. There will still be people who think your particularly brand of Bigfoot belief is beyond their comfort level, but those people will just have to suck it up and deal with it. If they don't like it, they don't need read it. If they express scorn or derision in any way, you use the report function and staff will deal with it promptly.

If paranormal Bigfoot is more your interest rather than UFO/Bigfoot, or somewhere inbetween with high strangeness and orbs, I can bump up the paranormal thread which we also have. Just let me know and please enjoy.

ETA: I have taken the liberty of bumping our main paranormal thread for you to check out. It's a popular thread and has lots of posts...

http://bigfootforums...l/page__st__480

Edited by Art1972
:to remove content
  • Upvote 1

Guest MikeG

All if which is very fair-minded and reasonable. I commend you for that stance Kit.

However, you will presumable also defend my right to hold and espouse the position that there is no such thing as the paranormal, and that all paranormality is an entirely human construct. I am quite happy to counter claims for the paranormal with arguments of logic and science, and to claim that everything in the universe obeys a series of physical, chemical and mathematical laws. I will repeatedly question why people look for a paranormal/ metaphysical answer without having first exhausted all the possibilities of an explanation within the laws of science. All the while accepting that people have the right to hold a contrary view, but really not understanding why they would.

Mike

Edited by MikeG

Absolutely. I don't want anyone to not disagree or present counter arguments. That's like some kind of pig-latin to me - all backwards. I only want for people to feeel comfortable and free to discuss alternative ideas without incivility, scorn, and ridicule. People become interested in alternative explanations because reports are there. People get interested in paranormal possibilities because many reports don't stick to normal F&B description. People get interested in alternative ideas because the orthodox school of just an ape thinking has failed them, failed to provide answers and it's 2012 and that alleged ape species is no nearer to being a catalogued species.

I won't speak beyond my knowledge about the way others think, but I will speak for their freedom to have their thinking and share it in a healthy and lively discussion atmosphere.

Edited by kitakaze

Guest MikeG

Was it Churchill (it usually was!) who said something like "I don't agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to my death your right to say it"?

Mike

edit: Voltaire, or at least, Voltaire's biographer.

Edited by MikeG

Voltair was the shazbot.

Members such as SweatyYeti argue Bigfoot to be a normal species. He also argues that alien spacecraft has visited Earth and even been fired upon in orbit as evidenced by the STS-48 shuttle mission video. He is also one of the people who argue for the remains of civilizations to be seen upon Mars.

This begs the question. We have Bigfoot sightings. We have UFO sightings. We have Bigfoot interacting with UFO's sightings. The following is not a joke nor is it photoshopped...

896149235852d5577.jpg

That's Mars on the right and Patty on the left. The question begged is why does that look so much like Patty?

My personal opinion is that that is only rock and geology and chance, but man, do those ever look similar.

Edited by kitakaze

Geography is the main reason I had to start rethinking my stance on the big hairy. At one time I was okay that something like the Sasquatch could be surviving and remaining hidden in areas like the Pacific Northwest, or Western North America in general. When the Internet came on the scene and sites started popping up, representing researchers all over the place, and reporting sightings all over the place, I had to step back and ask myself; if someone is seriously claiming they have seen a Sasquatch in ****, and if another has set up a serious research effort into this mystery in *****, and I cannot make the leap into accepting that this hidden creature is even remotely capable of remaining unproven in *****, then I had to question whether I too just wanted to believe it could exist in even the PNW and other areas I may have been okay with. If they could convince themselves, then why couldn't I?

Even if BF is real we are going to have people claiming to see them in unlikely places. Let's say BF really lives in the PNW. What's to stop someone claiming to see one in NY or the Himalayas? Just because it's not true? I hold out for BF to be true but I do realize that a lot of people will report it whether it's true or not. This is the pattern I see for BF.