What If The Dna Comes Back Predominantly Human?

Now Lindsay is saying some sample from the studies showed "the steak" has come back almost 90% human whatever that means.........

I reckon this has probably been filtered through a couple of un-informed intermediaries before it got to Lindsay. A bit like Chinese whispers. It is actually gibberish to say that something is 90% human. A chimp shares about 98% of its genes with us........but I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that a fruit fly shared 90% of its genes with us. That wouldn't in any way make a fruit fly 90% human.

Mike

Edited by MikeG

BFF Patron

More on runx2:

Entrez Gene summary for RUNX2: This gene is a member of the RUNX family of transcription factors and encodes a nuclear protein with an RuntDNA-binding domain. This protein is essential for osteoblastic differentiation and skeletal morphogenesis and acts asa scaffold for nucleic acids and regulatory factors involved in skeletal gene expression. The protein can bind DNAboth as a monomer or, with more affinity, as a subunit of a heterodimeric complex. Mutations in this gene have beenassociated with the bone development disorder cleidocranial dysplasia (CCD). Transcript variants that encode differentprotein isoforms result from the use of alternate promoters as well as alternate splicing. (provided by RefSeq)

UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot:

RUNX2_HUMAN, Q13950 Function: Transcription factor involved in osteoblastic differentiation and skeletal morphogenesis. Essential for thematuration of osteoblasts and both intramembranous and endochondral ossification. CBF binds to the core site,5'-PYGPYGGT-3', of a number of enhancers and promoters, including murine leukemia virus, polyomavirus enhancer, T-cellreceptor enhancers, osteocalcin, osteopontin, bone sialoprotein, alpha 1(I) collagen, LCK, IL-3 and GM-CSF promoters(By similarity). Inhibits MYST4-dependent transcriptional activation

http://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=RUNX2

Edited by bipedalist

Wiki had this to say about it, which is probably why they are looking at it:

Differences in RUNX2 are hypothesized to be the cause of the skeletal differences between modern humans and early humans such as Neanderthals. These differences include a different shape of the skull, a bell-shaped chest in Neanderthals, etc.[2]

http://www.archaeology.org/1007/etc/neanderthal.html

One important difference between the Neanderthal and modern genomes was in a gene labelled RUNX2. That gene plays a role in the shape of the skull, rib-cage, and shoulder joint—parts of the anatomy where Neanderthals differ from modern humans. Mutations to RUNX2 may have given Homo sapiens the anatomy that makes us unique among hominids.

If it comes back human, it would help ubderstand US better. I just don't thik anyone would pay attention to it if it isn't presented in a way that doesn't come off as a money making endeavor.

Edited by Jodie

Guest parnassus

If it comes back human, it would help ubderstand US better. I just don't thik anyone would pay attention to it if it isn't presented in a way that doesn't come off as a money making endeavor.

interesting take on the story here.

Edited by parnassus

Whats worse? A Bigfoot believer who jumps the gun, and believes Ketchums paper with out even seeing it, or a "skeptic" who jumps the gun without even reading it? I guess we shall see........

Guest KentuckyApeman

I reckon this has probably been filtered through a couple of un-informed intermediaries before it got to Lindsay. A bit like Chinese whispers. It is actually gibberish to say that something is 90% human. A chimp shares about 98% of its genes with us........but I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that a fruit fly shared 90% of its genes with us. That wouldn't in any way make a fruit fly 90% human.

Mike

You sir, are a skeptic of the first order. As was Darwin(and recorded correctly). And yet, if this issue is to be settled scientifically.......

And a biped ape were to be proven to have existed in North America, would science bow down, or scream....WITCH!

Edited by KentuckyApeman

I think Mike just likes things to be presented accurately, and in the correct terms. I have seen him correct it,pro or con, as long as is accurate.

interesting take on the story here.

I must have been typing in a hurry, sorry for the typos. Yeah, it got dscussed ad nauseum last night. Turns out that she claims to have forgotten to update the description on the copyright before it was published, or so she posted in the Ketchum thread last night. I'm dubious. It's looking more like a freak side show than a research project to me.

Seen bigfoot, so I know they exist. The question at the moment is whether or not I believe in the Ketchum study.

Ditto JDL

Edited by Jodie

Guest parnassus

interesting take on the storyhere.

Lol, did you write this?

I swear on anything I was in the process of asking the same question when yours popped up. Hilarious. It sounds very Parnish. Not a bad thing.

Edited by arizonabigfoot

interesting take on the storyhere.

It actually does sound like your writing voice. Parn= Over the Line, Smokey. Of course the first thing I did was read your rules, all 48 of them, my personal favorite:

4. marmots/ferrets not allowed in the bathtub. NO EXCEPTIONS ! :lol::lol::lol:

Guest slimwitless

It actually does sound like your writing voice. Parn= Over the Line, Smokey. Of course the first thing I did was read your rules, all 48 of them, my personal favorite:

4. marmots/ferrets not allowed in the bathtub. NO EXCEPTIONS ! :lol::lol::lol:

"Over the Line, Smokey" and the marmot joke are references to "The Big Lewbowski". Actually, the site is rife with Lewbowski references.

Parn, are you a fan of one of the greatest movies of the 1990's?