Abandoned Mining Caves = Bf Den?

georgerm

Since BF didn't require these type of shelters over the past 7000 years, I think they can make do without them now. Not saying an occasional BF won't slip into a cave or mining shaft if the opportunity is there. But they seem to have gotten by quite well without them over time.

Good point.

On the flip side, we can say the same thing about birds, but when offered, they sure like a nice warm bird house.

Take this a step farther, and if we built cozy cedar dens for BB in the correct areas, would Biggie occupy them?

This is another thread.

The point is BF may appreciate a nice dry mine tunnel.

Cameras??? why would you set up cameras? cameras have been around for over a hundred years and no clear images of "bigfoot" have ever been obtained. Millions of trailcams out there and not one of them has ever gotten an image of bigfoot. Why would you think that one set up near a mine would accomplish the job?

But I do think that it is possible that if bigfoot is messing around mines, that would account for its extreme rarity. :)

No so fast Parn...............the Jacob's photo is a BF and there is another photo of a BF under an apple tree.

We don't have many BF photos because BF is much more rare than bears or cougars and the ration is debatable. My thoughts are for every 100 bears there is one BF. imho Now throw in the intelligence factor...................biggie is probably more aware of obvious plastic boxes at eye level then avoids them. Camera traps outside BF caves need to be camoflauged.............well.

Many mines in the Pacific Northwest contained complex ore which contained gold, silver and mostly copper in an alloy form. As these old ore veins oxidise (green corrosion like on a penny) they deplete the oxygen in the mine shaft. Go too far back in a mine like this, and you may not come out! Lava gas bubble caves are a safer choice to explore.

humm......seriously......maybe we should be looking for BF bones at the end of some tunnels?

You are refering to lava tubes over by Bend, Oregon and other places I suppose.

There are many caves in bands of exposed bassalt from ancient lava flows. There are dozens at least just along Highway 12 between Morton and Yakima, WA. The Layser Cave off the 23 road out of Randle WA was "discovered by a U.S.Forest Service employee named Layser a few years ago. It was excavated and yielded up neolithic spear points that pre-date Northwest Indian settlements. The area around Mount Saint Helens has hundreds of caves and other areas have many as well. Check out the reports recently added on the BFRO site, August 2004; Washington, Klickitat County:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=30051

Interesting stuff!

There are many caves in bands of exposed bassalt from ancient lava flows. There are dozens at least just along Highway 12 between Morton and Yakima, WA. The Layser Cave off the 23 road out of Randle WA was "discovered by a U.S.Forest Service employee named Layser a few years ago. It was excavated and yielded up neolithic spear points that pre-date Northwest Indian settlements. The area around Mount Saint Helens has hundreds of caves and other areas have many as well. Check out the reports recently added on the BFRO site, August 2004; Washington, Klickitat County:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=30051

Interesting stuff!

Good report. What caves were they finding?

It is hard to say which particular caves they were exploring, the area has many small caves, many unnamed, spread over thousands of acres. It does provide many resting places for weary hikers, critters, and the occasional sasquatch looking to get out of the weather.

Guest TooRisky

BF Strengths are in the open, they are to big to maneuver in a confined space and will not be caught in a one way in, one way out situation... Not to say they wont over night in a cave to get out of the weather, they wont make it a home... If you have ever entered a forest the canopy will offer a seriously good place to be out of any weather condition and also give them the ability to defend or evade as needed... BF has lived to their strengths for eons, think they will be trapped in a no way out situation, not likely...

When dealing with BF we have to drop all human traits and thought, and get on the plain they are living on... Other wise you are lost in what you are seeking...

Edited by TooRisky

BF Strengths are in the open, they are to big to maneuver in a confined space and will not be caught in a one way in, one way out situation... Not to say they wont over night in a cave to get out of the weather, they wont make it a home... If you have ever entered a forest the canopy will offer a seriously good place to be out of any weather condition and also give them the ability to defend or evade as needed... BF has lived to their strengths for eons, think they will be trapped in a no way out situation, not likely...

When dealing with BF we have to drop all human traits and thought, and get on the plain they are living on... Other wise you are lost in what you are seeking...

Ok...........

BF may only occupy enough of the cave to keep out of the rain, yet have vision and hearing ability for outside critters.

Why would you have to even enter the cave ?

If a BF is frequenting a cave, there'd be a very good chance of prints/tracks in the dirt/mud outside of the entrance....

No sign.... No BF....

Oops, i forgot... they cover their tracks when backing into old caves ! :P

You couldnt pay me enough $$ to go walking in old abandoned caves- natural formed ones, ok- mining caves.. fogedda bout it !

I'd more scared of the **** thing collapsing than coming face to face with BF...

A.

No so fast Parn...............the Jacob's photo is a BF and there is another photo of a BF under an apple tree.

Not so fast Geogerm. The Jacobs photo and the fowl under the apple tree are by no stretch of the imagination conclusively Bigfeet. Please :wacko:

Guest Bluegrass Sas

I have read reports & old news clippings of sightings near old mining areas, and a hunting parties tracking them to caves. But as Risky pointed out, I hardly think they would put themselves at a tactical disadvantage by staying in caves/mines without a practical escape route.

When I found my first tracks, there had been over a week of steady rain, and I'm not so sure it didn't get flooded out of it's usual haunts or home.

And for what it's worth, I've heard (not seen)from a few seemingly credible people of a set of game cam pics from here in Kentucky, that are supposed to show a squatch. The owner refuses to release them to the public, but will show them to friends(or so the story goes). Multiple people who have seen them, claim they are very clear and there is no mistaking what you're looking at. The basic description of it, is less like a gentle giant Harry & the Hendersons type creature, and more like a sinister looking creature that you would not want to run into.

Honestly, If I Had game cam pics from my own property, I'm not so sure that I would ever show them to the public, for a variety of reasons. So I do not think it's very far fetched to believe people have legit. pics that will never see the light of day. This isn't a Ivory billed Woodpecker afterall, it's something that has a stigma attached to it.

Edited by Bluegrass Sas

Not so fast Geogerm. The Jacobs photo and the fowl under the apple tree are by no stretch of the imagination conclusively Bigfeet. Please :wacko:

Hey.........that's my phrase........not so fast......anyway the thread is about caves and BF. The Jacob's photo is another discussion. What are your thoughts on BF and caves.

Why would you have to even enter the cave ?

If a BF is frequenting a cave, there'd be a very good chance of prints/tracks in the dirt/mud outside of the entrance....

No sign.... No BF....

Oops, i forgot... they cover their tracks when backing into old caves ! :P

You couldnt pay me enough $$ to go walking in old abandoned caves- natural formed ones, ok- mining caves.. fogedda bout it !

I'd more scared of the **** thing collapsing than coming face to face with BF...

A.

You have a point. BF inhabiting a cave would have signs around. Yes, and forget entering a dark cave with BF in there!

I have read reports & old news clippings of sightings near old mining areas, and a hunting parties tracking them to caves. But as Risky pointed out, I hardly think they would put themselves at a tactical disadvantage by staying in caves/mines without a practical escape route.

If you can find the reports, let us know.

Hey.........that's my phrase........not so fast......anyway the thread is about caves and BF. The Jacob's photo is another discussion. What are your thoughts on BF and caves?

I wasn't the one who brought up the two photo's you mentioned. You did. My thoughts on BF and caves? Pure conjecture.

And for what it's worth, I've heard (not seen)from a few seemingly credible people of a set of game cam pics from here in Kentucky, that are supposed to show a squatch. The owner refuses to release them to the public, but will show them to friends(or so the story goes). Multiple people who have seen them, claim they are very clear and there is no mistaking what you're looking at. The basic description of it, is less like a gentle giant Harry & the Hendersons type creature, and more like a sinister looking creature that you would not want to run into.

Try to find it............it would be interesting to see it.

Can anyone find reports of BF in caves?

• 8 months later...