Family, Friends, And Ridicule

Guest Twilight Fan

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Twilight Fan

Hey, guys. I've been here for a little over a week and have gotten, thus far, to know some interesting people who have shared some interesting stories. One theme I noticed with a lot of people who have had their own Bigfoot encounters, or believed encounters depending on your viewpoint, is how they are afraid to tell their stories to those they know, due to fear of ridicule.

Many people know people who make fun of them and/or mock them for their expressed belief in Sasquatch, or for their admitted encounter/sighting with one. So the question is...Does YOUR family or do YOUR friends mock you for anything Bigfoot related? My family laughs at me for watching the Finding Bigfoot show, but that's about it. I'm not a believer or non-believer either way, so there's only so much to mock.

bigfoot.jpg

No, but I DO mock my family members that watch 'Finding Bigfoot'! :lol:

By the way...I do not like the 'belief' term for my outlook. If I have a belief, it is that there is enough evidence to continue looking.

Edited by Smitty in Florida

Guest Twilight Fan

No, but I DO mock my family members that watch 'Finding Bigfoot'! :lol:

LOL! I'll admit, it's dumb but funny. And I enjoy it. IMHO, some of my family members watch dumber shows, so it all evens out :lol:

Admin

My wife used to roll her eyes about 7 years ago when we were just dating. But then I made her sit down for a couple of hours and showed her that the existence of BF is plausible, tried to answer all her questions. Then I took her out into the woods on scouting trips, looking for sign and she realized the vastness of the countryside once you leave the major cities.

She's skeptical like me, but now understands that it's a real possibility.

Hey! Let's face it, the name 'Bigfoot' is pretty funny in and of itself. Ridicule is a strong word and none of my family/friends would really do that although they might joke about it sometimes- heck, so do I. The show Finding Bigfoot is getting a little silly because they never have any good proof (except for the eye-witness testimonies which I find compelling). Also, when they keep saying that this or that area is 'Squatchy' that's priceless! : B

Guest COGrizzly

My wife used to roll her eyes about 7 years ago when we were just dating. But then I made her sit down for a couple of hours and showed her that the existence of BF is plausible, tried to answer all her questions. Then I took her out into the woods on scouting trips, looking for sign and she realized the vastness of the countryside once you leave the major cities.

She's skeptical like me, but now understands that it's a real possibility.

Excellent way to view it...

Guest Twilight Fan
The show Finding Bigfoot is getting a little silly because they never have any good proof

I hear that! Isn't it supposed to be silly, though? I really don't think the producers meant anyone to take it seriously.

Let's just say it's mild teasing, but the response from me, when we eventually sit down and watch the expose on CNN and the subsequent nature shows featuring live animals, like national geographic explorer, will be wildly over the top, complete with one sided high-fives, "I told you so"s and "in your face"s. that and I'll be toasting on the relatives' donation of champagne

Guest Primate

The secret to "Finding Bigfoot" IMO is to watch it with 6 to 10 year old children who love animals and adventure . It will then be revealed to be the greatest cultural acheivement OF ALL TIME !!

I voted that I keep it secret but I wanted to also vote yes... It doesn't get a good reaction as a cocktail party topic. My husband would certainly be very snarky or incredulous about it were I to bring it up with him.

Admin

Mention Bigfoot and a lot of people laugh or look at me like I'm crazy. I don't pay them no mind. Their are folks on this forum who are the same way. To each his own. I really could care less what others think. What I think and believe is what matters. I know I can trust myself.

I get side-ways glances from my co-workers for just being on this site. So I can imagine what many of you who believe might get. I voted I do not believe in Bigfoot. I need more evidence. I'm endlessly enchanted by the possibility.

I'm a skeptic but I think there is a real possibility BF is real. My friends roll their eyes and I've been told I'm stupid once by one of them just for being interested. He still insists I'm looking for the "Jedi in the forest." Not very well informed are my friends.

Guest openureyes

Ridicule will slow down only when a body is presented for all to see film, dna, or any other evidence will not convince everyone. Shows like finding Bigfoot can cause ridicule if its made to look like some kind of joke also if you go to you tube you can see that alot of people think its funny hoaxing people. Some people think the gov. and media miss or dissinfo is why so many people do not take the subject seriously. A Ufo eye witness will have it just as bad ridicule will always be around people have to find a way to deal with the things they dont understand.