Who Are The Real Experts In This Field?

Guest tracker

Fenris just man up. You're a text book Guy with no experience.

wrong answer, I head out often, I just don't make stuff up about what I might find.

Guest midnightwalker1

wrong answer, I head out often, I just don't make stuff up about what I might find.

Oh I'm just messing with you man don't get your panties in a wad. It's all good I did the for 2 and a half years before I learned the right way to do this

Oh I'm just messing with you man don't get your panties in a wad. It's all good I did the for 2 and a half years before I learned the right way to do this

I want video of you mind bending a spoon.

Guest tracker

Hey guys try not to get bogged down in the BS and throwing it at each other. If you know BS when you read it like I do, then don't get drawn into it. When that happens right or wrong you just end up being covered in it.

Play it smart ask them to tell you all about it, The hoaxers will slip up if you give them enough rope. Just like interviewing a witness, let them hang themselves.

It's not personal and maning up has nothing to do with it. however it does sound like insecurity showing through if you need to be defensive or go on the attack. If you are truly experienced then you will know the difference and avoid stepping in the bs. dry.gif

Edited by tracker

Tracker has the right idea. Don't fall for baiting. The other side of that is DON'T BAIT. I've had two reports on this thread and I'm not a fan of it. If I get another valid complaint I will close the thread for a cooling off period and may increase warn status' on offenders. Lets all step back, cool off, and try this thread again while maintaining critical thinking and respect for the other people on this forum.

I'm looking for a plug-in for the BFF where I can search out and replace specific words in multiple threads. Imagine replacing Bigfoot with Hobbit or something. :)

I think there are levels of expertise. Face it, some are better than others at doing whatever it is regardless of the topic, skill, or hobby. I don't think that bigfoot research is any different in that respect.

Hey guys try not to get bogged down in the BS and throwing it at each other. If you know BS when you read it like I do, then don't get drawn into it. When that happens right or wrong you just end up being covered in it.

Play it smart ask them to tell you all about it, The hoaxers will slip up if you give them enough rope. Just like interviewing a witness, let them hang themselves.

It's not personal and maning up has nothing to do with it. however it does sound like insecurity showing through if you need to be defensive or go on the attack. If you are truly experienced then you will know the difference and avoid stepping in the bs. dry.gif

Humor dude........

Guest tracker

The thread was going prety good until it got hijacked. That scares off other members when that happens. Anyways if it wasn't my thread maybe it would of been funnier. ?

Moving forward

I think a person can be an expert in the field but not in the lab or running a web site and vice versa. They don't have to be able to qoute all the books ever written or have every report memorized either. Just be really good at the task you undertake. ;)

The thread was going prety good until it got hijacked. That scares off other members when that happens. Anyways if it wasn't my thread maybe it would of been funnier. ?

Moving forward

I think a person can be an expert in the field but not in the lab or running a web site and vice versa. They don't have to be able to qoute all the books ever written or have every report memorized either. Just be really good at the task you undertake. ;)

I think where a thread gets hijacked and who would be an expert are areas we'll have to agree to disagree. I see no point in humoring folks that claim to be experts from communing with the monkey and then refuse to give additional commentary and for e thats when the thread is hijacked because all you have is storytelling. If you like the stories fine, but I think it's just healthier to call them what they are. At least sasfooty clearly admits having no proof.

That said, until theres a specimen or body there are argubaly NO experts. For what it's it's worth I also find the apparent competition in certain corners completely asinine as well. There is no competition to be had, you either get lucky or you don't.

Edited by fenris

Guest midnightwalker1

Walking in the woods aimlessly does not constitute research

Tell me what you do when you walk in the woods what exactly are you looking for. I long to be taught by you you're such a master in I put research. No really I want to know exactly what you look for what you do when you go up to your field research

I would really like for you to go over exactly what you do when you're in the field. You see I am clueless I don't know what I'm doing up there I need someone to teach me. And I can't seem to read your mind So please tell us in writing

I will allow open book testing Since you will probably need it but those textbooks I know or worthless so I'm interested in hearing what you have to say

Walking in the woods aimlessly does not constitute research

Tell me what you do when you walk in the woods what exactly are you looking for. I long to be taught by you you're such a master in I put research. No really I want to know exactly what you look for what you do when you go up to your field research

I would really like for you to go over exactly what you do when you're in the field. You see I am clueless I don't know what I'm doing up there I need someone to teach me. And I can't seem to read your mind So please tell us in writing

I will allow open book testing Since you will probably need it but those textbooks I know or worthless so I'm interested in hearing what you have to say

This is exactly WHY you fail...... I never claimed to be an expert, you did, at least to be on a level higher than the rest of us. Therefore, chief.... the onus would be on you to back up the claims. I know where I look, what I look for, and why, and with much of it still ongoing investigatively, that's all I'm say. Why, to maintain sit neutrality and as much noninterference as possible. You claimed to know all , not me. Enlighten us, or kindly spare me.

Guest midnightwalker1

This is exactly WHY you fail...... I never claimed to be an expert, you did, at least to be on a level higher than the rest of us. Therefore, chief.... the onus would be on you to back up the claims. I know where I look, what I look for, and why, and with much of it still ongoing investigatively, that's all I'm say. Why, to maintain sit neutrality and as much noninterference as possible. You claimed to know all , not me. Enlighten us, or kindly spare me.

I know quite a bit having spent thousand plus of hours in the field. But I won't share with you I don't need to. Good luck going out there plenty lol

• masterbarber locked this topic