Who Are The Real Experts In This Field?

Guest tracker

Tracker says:

The thread was going prety good until it got hijacked. That scares off other members when that happens. Anyways if it wasn't my thread maybe it would of been funnier. ?

Moving forward

I think a person can be an expert in the field but not in the lab or running a web site and vice versa. They don't have to be able to qoute all the books ever written or have every report memorized either. Just be really good at the task you undertake.

I must have missed it, but who in your opinion are the Bigfoot experts and why?

Guest midnightwalker1

:rolleyes: OK, let's start with something simple like where are they?

Probably a better idea. It seems like were pissing all over each other anyway.

Guest tracker

Hey I said an expert in the field not an big foot expert. A person can also be an expert in the lab too and still not be a bigfoot expert.

How can there be a bigfoot expert other than just people who have strong knowledge and skills in their own areas. Sure some may have both sides of the coin but their not experts. And a few have some cool or BS stories to tell and maybe they even build themselves up with them?

Anyways who would openly claim to be an expert knowing it would bring down the wrath of the masses on their head? Even if they thought they were in their own minds.

Is there people in the USA promoting themselves as one? Like from Oregon or a radio show or something?

Okay how about who would our governments ask to study or bring one in alive. Lets say if they knew that some were trapped on an Island or something by flooding?

Just think of the kaos if that were the case if the media got wind of it? :blink:

I know quite a bit having spent thousand plus of hours in the field. But I won't share with you I don't need to. Good luck going out there plenty lol

From my previous statement about the assinine need for comeptition, nuff said. Your reply is more dodge than anything else. Odder still it was all good the other day, and you reply a second with your unmentionables in a wad.

Edited by fenris

Probably a better idea. It seems like were pissing all over each other anyway.

Actually you began the latest upsurge, making challenges while dodging other's questions. You only have a thousand hours in the field? Also, since you are the one making claims, one more time for clarity, without substance, they're just stories. And Sasfooty's are more entertaining.

Tracker said: Hey I said an expert in the field not an big foot expert. A person can also be an expert in the lab too and still not be a bigfoot expert.

Relax, I wasn't referring to you. An expert in the field and a BF expert aint the same thing one hsas a specific skill set, the other does not yet exist. Like it or not the coopy doll goes to the bringer of a body or live specimen, noone was talking about a lab. Midnight was talking about his alledged thousand hours in two and a half years, Broken down that's about one hour every 21 days.

How can there be a bigfoot expert other than just people who have strong knowledge and skills in their own areas. Sure some may have both sides of the coin but their not experts. And a few have some cool or BS stories to tell and maybe they even build themselves up with them?

If you haven't noticed we're saying essentially the same thing, and as for ther BS stories, without substance and with all the bravado, that's exactly what they are as is.

Anyways who would openly claim to be an expert knowing it would bring down the wrath of the masses on their head? Even if they thought they were in their own minds.

Is there people in the USA promoting themselves as one? Like from Oregon or a radio show or something?

Did you miss where Midnight did? He reads their minds apparently.

Okay how about who would our governments ask to study or bring one in alive. Lets say if they knew that some were trapped on an Island or something by flooding?

None of us, if they know anything about it, they would either already have their own folks or would be bought off by lobbyists from the logging industry and like interests.

Guest tracker

Hey I can' get the spell checker and edit to work, can you tell :( . Do i have to change my security setting or something? When it does pop up i don't get an option to save or modify or submit just a reply button? what gives?

Do you have to modify your post prior to any new posts or something?

Guest tracker

I was replying to john in regard to my idea of experts. Hey guys, my posts are getting burried in the beach vollyball game. Let it go, he just shinning you guys on.

Midnight can you tell us about some of your encounters? Maybe you guys can share with us some of the things you do to get close to them in the field?

Sasquatch Experts in descending order:

1. Albert Ostman

2. William Roe

3. Roger Patterson & Bob Gimlin

Honourable Mention Category:

In no particular order, all eyewitnesses including but not limited to Native Americans/First Peoples, modern day witnesses too numerous to mention.*

* Some witnesses in the honourable mention category would qualify for placement in the top list, and certainly qualify for expert classification, but their names aren't known. For example the carvers of the Tsimshian ceremonial mask, the Buk'wus and Dsonoqua

totem poles, and the person or persons who sculpted the stone heads from the Hood River region of the Columbia Gorge.

I was replying to john in regard to my idea of experts. Hey guys, my posts are getting burried in the beach vollyball game. Let it go, he just shinning you guys on.

Midnight can you tell us about some of your encounters? Maybe you guys can share with us some of the things you do to get close to them in the field?

He's not shinning me on. I am not angry. Midnightwalker1 has the right to claim to be an expert as much as Dr. Meldrum (not that he does, it's more a media moniker). I am still waiting for either of them to prove their claims. Biped primate with a mid-tarsal break or telepathic forest friends from Georgia. Show me the monkey fellas...

Guest tracker

Hey John,

Wouldn't you say rather that those guys are expert witnesess? Did Ostman or Roe afterwards ever start researching or get the BF bug in general like P&G?

Guest midnightwalker1

He's not shinning me on. I am not angry. Midnightwalker1 has the right to claim to be an expert as much as Dr. Meldrum (not that he does, it's more a media moniker). I am still waiting for either of them to prove their claims. Biped primate with a mid-tarsal break or telepathic forest friends from Georgia. Show me the monkey fellas...

JC, is knowing how to look for their track signs and knowing how to be friendly (engage them) in the woods when they come to you an expert? NO You may have someone that understands the Japanese culture, knows how they think (don't like to be touched) and can assist you in bridging that relations. Is that expertise? I just consider it being familiar with their perception of you and what they may deem acceptable according to how they conduct themselves (customs or way of living). More exposure than anything. So no, I don't call myself an expert and they drive the tempo more than myself. Anything that happens is at their discretion. I can tell you that I am probably no more knowledgeable than hundreds or thousands of folks that have them visiting and/or living on their properties but don't say a thing. And it happens all the time just like in sasyfoot's case. I know many people with this situation and consider them to be personal friends.

JC, is knowing how to look for their track signs and knowing how to be friendly (engage them) in the woods when they come to you an expert? NO You may have someone that understands the Japanese culture, knows how they think (don't like to be touched) and can assist you in bridging that relations. Is that expertise? I just consider it being familiar with their perception of you and what they may deem acceptable according to how they conduct themselves (customs or way of living). More exposure than anything. So no, I don't call myself an expert and they drive the tempo more than myself. Anything that happens is at their discretion. I can tell you that I am probably no more knowledgeable than hundreds or thousands of folks that have them visiting and/or living on their properties but don't say a thing. And it happens all the time just like in sasyfoot's case. I know many people with this situation and consider them to be personal friends.

Midnightwalker1,

If these things are happening to you and others, great. I am more of a show me person.

Edited by JohnCartwright

Hey John,

Wouldn't you say rather that those guys are expert witnesses? Did Ostman or Roe afterward ever start researching or get the BF bug in general like P&G?

Tracker,

It is my opinion that most Bigfoot encounters are mistakes by the Bigfoot. In my opinion these encounters are rare. I do not take stock in people having multiple encounters. My 2 good friends and research partners are very respected, dedicated investigators. But neither has had a sighting. Thousands and thousands of hours of field time and nothing. I went into the woods for the first time with no Bigfoot knowledge and I had an encounter. How weird and unfair is that? There are much more dedicated people who deserve it more than I. It is all just plain luck.

• masterbarber locked this topic