Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

My little Hairyman journey started when I was 6 years old, now almost 64 years ago, and it's been quite a wild ride for sure. The majority of these pics are coming from a few particular areas near my home, and I keep it simple.....no technology, print casting, or anything they might consider 'rude', if that makes sense, and of course IMO. They are well aware of game cameras, their purpose, and I haven't put any out there in many years. I have posted these 2 pics before but it was a long while back, this was the last time I put game cams out in my fav areas, and it shows what looks like a right arm coming around the tree from behind to knock the camera down, and the next pic in motion on its way down....very cool sequence, but my local Urbanfoots were upset with this intrusion for about 2 years. If you have a similar situation, give them some respect, eliminate technology, and you will see more:)

BF Right Forearm.jpg

BF Right Forearm - Next Pic.jpg

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
On 7/17/2024 at 12:57 AM, Wolfjewel said:

With so much walking and making prints, and leaving used sotol snacks behind — I wish you had a number of trail cams watching the action. (Yes I know they turn the cameras around or foil them in other ways) but gees, with so much action something might show up.

One would think.....

gorilla1.gif.86722b7cd59ce7d59deccba94d3372dc.gif

Tex, congrats on whenever your birthday is, but it's hard to believe you're that old! Also cheers for this thread, 14 years and still going. Anyone could learn something by spending some reading time here. Without going back to find out, I'm curious how the neighbors showed displeasure for two years. Just changed up their patterns?

Hey Foxhill, thanks for the re[ply....yeah they really don't like the game cams, busted 2 up pretty good, and they didn't touch any treats for about 2 years at the place I always leave them.

Hey JKH, always good to hear from you! October 7th is the big 70, but I'm fit, healthy, goofy as ever, and no health issues......running these woods works magic:) I would have to look back, but don't think I've ever posted a pic of myself on here, always wanted to remain anonymous so here you go.

DNC-7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I spent part of the afternoon running down memory lane on this thread and there are a few pics, still looking fit, so good job!

I haven't been doing anything BF related in a few years, maybe I'll get back into it again. Of course, I do notice things here and there like tree breaks in the absence of storms/snow. We did have some kind of activity in my area back in the fall and winter, some related by family/friends. There is a place which is a mix of protected forest and human activity spaces where young people hang out. At least twice, some such folks got spooked. The first time, there were three people cutting up, whistling for a dog, noisy. Then they got quiet and had the classic feeling of silence and hair-raising dread. I think two of the people saw something at the woodline, one mentioning eyes and they panicked and split. I went to check it out, it would have been many yards distance and not a typical animal. I'm pretty sure they had an encounter. A couple months later, I happened to be looking out a window at a vacant field and saw tall blueish white eyeshine that seemed to notice me and faded out after a couple seconds. My theory is that last year we were over-run with deer and maybe the hunting was good, seems to be fewer deer this summer.

Good stuff JKH, stay after it and enjoy yourself! There are so many other things that I am interested in while hiking...and IMO thinking they know or can 'sense' that I'm not out there chasing them, plus I know they're there and not looking for validation anymore. My last bit of research involved the difference between a 'wild' Hairyman and the Ubanfoot's in my area near town, which is what I call them. This is happening all over small town USA, so pay attention to this, figure out the stealthiest way into town, and you will find concentrated evidence.....of course, this is all just my opinion but it does make sense, the other predator's are in town too, and is where most of the Deer hang out.

Here are a few interesting impression from the other day, there seem to be small groups moving around, and these prints appear to have a larger print with smaller ones bringing up the rear making double prints.

We are getting a lot of rain, the high temp today in Central Texas is 82, it was 105 or over all summer with no rain last year, amazing!!!

AAP-1.JPG

AAP-2.JPG

AAP-3.JPG

3 hours ago, Bigtex said:

My last bit of research involved the difference between a 'wild' Hairyman and the Urbanfoots in my area near town, which is what I call them. This is happening all over small town USA, so pay attention to this, figure out the stealthiest way into town, and you will find concentrated evidence.....of course, this is all just my opinion but it does make sense, the other predator's are in town too, and is where most of the Deer hang out.

Yessir, same here and if I showed you a map, you'd see it right away. So tell us more about the differences you've found with your two types. 

Having a cooler week here too :thumbsup:

I try to stay away from my deeper thoughts on this subject, the BF community is many now with lots of experts and varying opinions, so better for me to chill, especially since I disagree with a lot of it:) Having said that....Urbans are very quiet around town, way less aggressive and tolerant, after all they know they are in our territory, the wilder ones not so much, this doesn't always apply though, just like their hairless cousins, there are some crazy's out there.

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2024 at 8:58 AM, Bigtex said:

Hey Foxhill, thanks for the re[ply....yeah they really don't like the game cams, busted 2 up pretty good, and they didn't touch any treats for about 2 years at the place I always leave them.

Hey JKH, always good to hear from you! October 7th is the big 70, but I'm fit, healthy, goofy as ever, and no health issues......running these woods works magic:) I would have to look back, but don't think I've ever posted a pic of myself on here, always wanted to remain anonymous so here you go.

DNC-7.jpg

You look great! 💪🏼

Thanks Norseman....we've been here a while, good to be part of the BFForum family, you guys ROCK!

• Like 1

Good morning guys.....interesting impression from the other day, it was near the edge of a creek and think it's a hand print from down on all 4's getting a drink, what do you guys think?

AAP-4.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy my 'Deer" friends, momma had twins this year!

AAD-1.JPG

AAD-2.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The heat is back, 108 yesterday.....did some hiking down one of the major creeks in the area, very interesting tracks both in Limestone and walking across the creek, many different kinds of dino tracks and large to very large humanoid type prints too, all walking around together on this ancient sandy beach, the rocks never lie, our books do. Also some Sotol snack discards, one fresh and an older large pile.

AAC-1.JPG

AAC-2.JPG

AAF-1.JPG

AAP-dino.PNG

AAP-1.PNG

AAP-2.PNG

AASOT.JPG

AAS1.JPG

AAS2.JPG