Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Thanks guys......I feel great, just the eye thing. I tried to hike yesterday but turned around pretty quick, as I have to be very precise where my feet land and is not possible right now, My vision on the left is up to  20-30 now, but not syncing with my 20-20 right eue, so the overall affect is not sharp, plus they injected a gas bubble in my left eye to push the retina back into place, and might take a month or more to go away.......goin' nuts wanting to get out there!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My husband had a similar procedure about 5 years ago, Bigtex. He also had a buckle put around his eyeball (eeeeuuuu) to keep things architecturally sound (similar effect to the gas bubble you have). The good news is he feels great now, and after 4-6 weeks of light sensitivity and having that feeling of not being able to see as clearly as he was accustomed to, his eyes are doing great. Here's hoping you have a similar result and you can get back out there! 

Thanks DrPSH....good info there! I am finally able to drive better, especially at night, so hoping to get back out there in a week or two, Kodiak has turned into a lazy bum waiting for me, lol. Cheers:)

AAK-1.jpg

AAK-2.jpg

AAK-3.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bigtex said:

Thanks DrPSH....good info there! I am finally able to drive better, especially at night, so hoping to get back out there in a week or two, Kodiak has turned into a lazy bum waiting for me, lol. Cheers:)

AAK-1.jpg

AAK-2.jpg

AAK-3.jpg

A shame he's not comfortable. Ah, the life of a canine. 

Greetings.....finally able to hike after a month and a half layoff, took a few pics down by the Cattails......nothing that good except some older prints in the creek underwater, guessing they've been there a while, and just glad to be able to post some pics!! If you look at the pics, you'll see some interesting impressions.

A-Cats.jpg

AAp2.jpg

AAp.jpg

AA1.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took another 8 days off for some hernia surgery....great start to the year, lol. Got back out there yesterday, nice & wet, and a few interesting impressions; first 3 pics are the same critter, same print in 2 pics (one closer), and another wet print a few steps away. Next, one that appears to be 2 prints overlapping, and 2 more pics in the same area near the Cattails mentioned before.

AP1a.jpg

AP1b.jpg

AP1c.jpg

AP3.jpg

AP2.jpg

AP4.jpg

• Upvote 1

This was really cool....pic not so great as the light was off a bit, it appeared that something crossed the creek less that 30 minutes before I got there, and left a 'wet' print on the Limestone.

APc-wet.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 3/27/2023 at 8:32 AM, Bigtex said:

This was really cool....pic not so great as the light was off a bit, it appeared that something crossed the creek less that 30 minutes before I got there, and left a 'wet' print on the Limestone.

Oh, wow!

Rough start to the year, Bigtex. Hope things turn around soon for ya! 👌

Thanks Madison......all better now:) I was hoping to get some input on some prints posted a few posts back, not sure what this is, but it's something?

Print-356a.jpg

Print-356b.jpg

Hey Cat, I usually put my size 9 shoe close to print pics, but this one was coming up a creek embankment and couldn't. It was slightly longer than my foot maybe about a 10, but very wide at the toes.

Getting back into the swing of things, amazing cool weather for these parts too:) Found a couple of Sotol discards along the trail, one was dropped in the creek and another about 30 yards down trail.....they must carry a handful of these as a snack on the go.

AAS-1.jpg

AAS-2.jpg

AAS-3.jpg

AAS-4.jpg

AAK-1.jpg

On 4/29/2022 at 12:12 PM, Bigtex said:

As far as the last pic....I was being followed, and got my cellphone camera ready, spun around and took the pic of something about 20 yards back. The only way I can describe what I saw was similar to the Predator movie where the alien blends in with his camo tech. I've heard of this phenom before but was not on board.....not so sure now, the pic on my cell is more clear, there was definitely something there that was about 7' tall, has anyone experienced something like this?

1Camo_LI.jpg

I saw the image of Kodiak and thought about Lulu.  Lulu had passed more than a year before the posting of the 'glimmering critter' scene image.  Some dog owners say that dogs can see ghosts / spirits. Now that Kodiak is venturing into the field, it will be interesting to follow the reactions of Kodiak. Does Kodiak lead or follow?

Hey Cat...he definitely leads, but took him a while to follow my specific trails, and he gets it now....no more yelling in the woods looking for him thank goodness! He took off after something the other day, only saw a glimpse and looked like a cougar, but not sure. It ran across a creek, it was a blur, but it left some interesting prints and shown below. I didn't want to get my new hiking shoes muddy, but they are big!

AP1.jpg

AP2.jpg

AP3.jpg

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic