Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Thanks Doc....he's a wild one. Here are 2 print pics, always better live, on Juniper needles, which actually make a good impressions when the dirt underneath is moist......look close and you can see junior on senior prints, they always seem to follow the big ones which certainly makes sense. The other pic is some kinda critter hole that I've seen before, and blocked off this time....just seemed weird.

AP-a.jpg

AP-a (2).jpg

AP-b.jpg

A-hole.jpg

Hey NW....yes it's Limestone and there are caves all-around central Texas, but I rarely go inside of one.

Happy Holiday to all!

8 hours ago, Bigtex said:

Hey NW....yes it's Limestone and there are caves all-around central Texas, but I rarely go inside of one.

Happy Holiday to all!

No, good idea not to go in. But that may be where your "friends" are staying. I don't suppose you have a thermal to see if there is heat coming out.  At least there might be prints at the mouth. Perhaps a trail of sotol snacks would lead you to one.

You're probably right about 'friends' staying there, but I stay clear and don't employ any technology other than my cell phone....it's a respect thing, plus they're not worried about me. 

Not saying it's a good idea, but I'd be curious enough to go in, at least just enough to sniff the air and shine a light in and see if there are any tracks or fresh branches to lie on. But there may be tracks leading in or out. But I can respect your respect. 

Yeah, I just stay out of that area, has a weird vibe to it, plus might be their home so again the respect thing....these are the locals as I call them, taller, leaner, and lighter color, the bigger more traditional looking Sassyman are migrating into the area for winter, not sure where they hang their hat though, they'll be around a few months. IMO, just like their hairless cousins, there are races of these things.

• 2 weeks later...

Two races. See, it's comments like these that just fire up my curiosity once again. I've always loved history, and just the entire concept of a hominid species, alive today, is so fascinating. I love reading about our ancient ancestors and other peoples on the family bush...  I want to know. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

Probably more a lot more than 2, how many hairless races are there? It only makes sense to assume the same for our hairy cousins, including some much wilder than the others, on both sides, just my opinion of course:)

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas! 

Happy New Year to all! Here's a recent pic of the Cattails, doesn't appear to be much action in winter, an impression that was nearby, and lastly....heard of a lap-dog, how 'bout a lap-wolf lol.

A-Cats.jpg

A-Print.jpg

Kodiak-lapwolf.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Greetings....I've had a few eye surgeries for a detached retina and haven't been able to hit the trails, looks like another few weeks before I can get out there, ratty-tat on that! Cheers:)

AA-dnc.jpg

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Bigtex said:

Greetings....I've had a few eye surgeries for a detached retina and haven't been able to hit the trails, looks like another few weeks before I can get out there, ratty-tat on that! Cheers:)

AA-dnc.jpg

Oh no. So sorry, and please heal up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic