Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Hey Tex, good to see you're still having fun with the hairy folks. I'll never forget your story about the time you heard the booger foraging for leftover pizza...most people would have been out of there in many ways! Still makes me lol...best to you.

Bigtex, question on the image with  IR wash out. Was the camera mounted on a tree with a branch to the right?  Looks like the tip of a bird wing during landing. I had a Barred Owl make a similar image. Close to the camera and the IR light reflects back off of the feathers and 'white-outs' the image.

Hey JKH.....hope you have been well, yup, still playing around with the Hairymen. Speaking of Hairyman, check out some of these old photos.....we all have the hair gene, and sometimes it's turned on. 

Hairy Family in Burma.jpg

Hairyman 1.jpg

Hairyman 2 (boy).jpg

Hairyman 3.jpg

Hairyman 4.jpg

Hairyman 8 (boy).jpg

Wild Woman of Borneo - Corcus Pic 1.jpg

Wold Woman of Borneo - Circus Pic 2.jpg

Hairyman 6 (Jesus & brothers).jpg

Hairyman 5 (Jesus Aceves).jpg

Side Show Bigfoot - Circa 1900.jpg

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Chewbaka family photos?

LOL.....you got it bro! It just shows you this phenom has been around a long time. 

That 'Wild Woman' was a Circus worker, was well known......and believe she was married & had kids, those have gotta be some wild nights, literally:)

• Haha 1

Glad your back Bigtex!! My favorite place to go to on the forums!  I was on Lake Travis back in September for a bass tournament and thought about the ruggedness of that area.  How is all the flooding going to affect the big guys in your area?

On 10/23/2018 at 7:38 AM, Bigtex said:

Hello my dear friends at the BFF.......I am back after my hiatus, been doing plenty of BF research, and a lot of hopefully cool stuff to share.......stay tuned, I need to go through the thread, and try to pick up where I left off:)

Hope to hear from all my buddies here, drop me an email or post, let me know how you are, and what you have been up to. 

Welcome back! :)

Good to hear from you BB43 & Norseman, two of my favs! We needed the rain for sure, had been in a drought which had devastated the hardwoods in the woods. Creeks are roaring in my hiking area, and such a beautiful change from the burned-out way it was back in August, and it's enough rain that it re-changed all the underground aquifers. Plus anything that moves out there is leaving good sign.

This is one of those left field observations, but after so many years of seeing the same thing, do some Bigfoot's use fire?

Not sure they can make it, but pretty sure they are harvesting embers, and transporting to remote areas. The first thing I noticed years ago was finding small pieces of wood coals dropped on their trails, with no evidence of where it came from in the area. It's like it was being carried and a piece of it dropped. Two pics of smoldering log pieces they carry around (not burning when I found them), several pics of where coals dropped on the trail, and lastly, one of the weird mini fire-pits, with a large round nest looking thing next to it.......very remote place. They certainly observe their hairless cousins warming up around fires, and a short distance to connect those dots:)

Have any of you guys found similar evidence of this?

Fire - Moving Coals 1.jpg

Fire - Moving Coals 2.jpg

Fire - Moving Coals 3.jpg

Fire_-_Moving_Coals_4.jpg

Fire - Remote Pit 1A.jpg

Fire - Remote Pit 1B.jpg

Fire - Remote Pit 1C.jpg

Fire - Remote Pit 1D.jpg

BFF Patron

I have seen no evidence of that but I have to say that humans used fire hundreds of thousands of years before they were capable of creating it.      That consisted of finding natural fire and nurturing the embers.   Fire was very good in keeping predatory animals at bay.     One movie out a while back portrayed an early human fire tenders trials and tribulations trying to carry fire around with seasonal migration.    I don't recall the name of the movie.       Eventually they learned about friction and could make fire with bows.   There are only a tiny number of reports that suggest BF used fire and those are very old.    Modern BF researchers report that BF entering campgrounds sometimes mess with their fires after they go to bed.     Certainly it seems some have a fascination with fire just like a child would.      Once forest fire spotting and control was in use, perhaps it got too risky for BF to have fires?       I would completely miss your findings in my research area even if it was happening because the entire area was part of one of the biggest forest fires in Washington State history. (the Yacult Burn,  239,000 acres and 38 dead in 1902)      So charred wood is everywhere.      Have you eliminated the possibility that some charred wood is the result of lightning strikes?    Blown apart trees or down wood struck leaving charred and smoking pieces of wood?    Do you have illegal alien traffic in your area?    They would make surreptitious fires in passing through and scattering the embers.        You would have to eliminate more likely sources of charred wood to pin it on BF.     Tell you what along with your peanut butter jars leave some kitchen matches in a waterproof container and see if you see any increase in fire evidence.   If they are a casual fire user having the ability to light a fire would change their lives significantly.    Could be dangerous because like a child they likely would accidentally set fires that get out of control.    When I was 5 two of us playing with matches set a fire inside someones garage.   Fortunately an adult discovered it before it damaged the garage.   

Edited by SWWASAS

Quest for Fire, great movie! I should mention that the mini-pit I found was after a few days of down in the teens weather, and wasn't there when warmer the week before.

Hey SWW.....I have found illegal camps, but not in areas this remote, and they use a lot of gathered stone for their fires, keeps it safe, warming the stones too, pic of a typical kind I find. These BF fire pits I find just have a very primitive look to them, and are unique IMO to any others that I find made by humans. There are human fire-pits out here, mostly old hunter camps, that must be 50-60 years old and older. No sign of lightning strikes in those areas, and I look for something like that first.

Illegal Camp Pit.jpg

BFF Patron

The construct in your picture looks a bit too complex for anything I have seen I think was constructed by BF.     Especially use of the metal grate.    Of course like with humans there has to be a very clever BF around now and then in places.   I keep hoping to stumble into one of those that has learned English and wants to chat.    Some of the habituation proponents say there are some of those around.    Of course that is as likely as winning the lottery.    And thinking about it,  if that did happen, pretty much all the members here would think I finally flipped my lid or found some funny mushrooms.    

I should find Quest for Fire and watch it.      Even though these kinds of movies are fictional,  it sure makes you think about what primitive man or BF faces in every day life.   

Edited by SWWASAS

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic