Losing The Faith....

Guest shelley7950

Guest LittleFeat

No it isn't all that matters. The road to proof is everything that everyone of us, including Dr Meldrum, is doing right now to try to secure enough evidence to establish proof of existence. Every piece of evidence is important and having university folks like Meldrum evaluating the evidence is what we need more of.

If you mean taking the evidence to another scientist who can be impartial then I agree. Taking Bigfoot evidence to a Bigfoot believer scientist, may not get a impartial assessment. It is not about what you and I want to hear about the evidence submitted. It is about the evidence itself.

The reason Dr Meldrum is a believer is because he sees so much evidence. He is a scientist, so I'm certain that he utilizes skepticism before drawing any conclusions.

Do you have an educational background in physical anthropology? Are you going to go get a PhD in physical anthropology so that we can tell Dr Meldrum that we don't need his help anymore? It's not what he's personally found, it's Meldrum's anthropological expertise and academic connections that make him such a valuable resource.

If this "valuable resource" can lead to some tangible evidence great.

I think collaborative research is the way to solve the mystery. You, Meldrum, and countless others are all valuable resources.

Exactly, but what is your theory? That they don't exist? Meldrum is a fool? They exist, but only when you say so?

I already told you I am a witness and I believe. That and $5 will buy me a coffee at Starbucks.

You're very lucky to have seen a BF, so I don't understand why you are so obsessed with cataloging this creature? It's most people's dream just to see one.

I do not deal in theories. I deal in facts. I don't care if Bigfoot is human or ape. I don't care about Bigfoot's foot morphology. I don't care if Bigfoot can speak Klingon. I don't care if Bigfoot leaves butt prints in Skookum meadows. I don't care if Bigfoot strolled across Bluff Creek on Oct 20th 1967. I only care about someone (anyone) getting a Bigfoot specimen (dead or alive) to catalog the animal for science. At this point, I would settle for a clear photo or video for motivation.

Without a theory, how do you decide what you are trying to test and attempt to prove or disprove? It's okay for all of us to not have theories I guess, but scientists like Meldrum are wired to operate that way. It's an essential ingredient in all research.

I'm sure Meldrum is hoping to establish proof too, but it's going to take a lot of more work and patience. Just because there's no solid proof yet, doesn't mean that proof doesn't have the potential to exist?

I hope so.

Me too.

And you and I may never see proof before the end of our lifetimes, but that doesn't mean that yours, Meldrum's and the efforts of others are wasted. The more circumstantial evidence that we gain, the better chance we'll have at establishing proof in the future. I just enjoy going up in the mountains of Colorado and spending time there; to me that's enough of a reason to "keep the faith".

It's great that you have fun and enjoy what you do. If I never see proof in my lifetime then my efforts were wasted. I am a results orientated person.

Wow, you'd be a tough boss. Seriously though, that's setting the bar pretty high for yourself. I admire your savvy, but I enjoy the small successes along the way... at least I'll know I died trying.

Sorry about the premature post, I pressed "Add Reply" instead of "Preview Post".

Guest LittleFeat

Littlefeat,

You seem like a good person with a good heart, but I don't feel lucky.

Thanks John, you seem like a good person too. I wish you much luck in your endeavors.

Guest LittleFeat

Is there a color key? 3 colors for 2 people? Who's blue? I'm rooting for blue, whoever it may be.wink.gif

Doesn't all that nice indention count for something? :(

Huntster, on 19 November 2010 - 08:18 AM, said:

How about state wildlife management agencies and/or the USFWS?

No. If I did, my standing on other wildlife issues would be damaged.

Huntster, on 19 November 2010 - 10:06 AM, said:

I wonder how many students enrolled at Idaho State just to study under Meldrum due to interest in Sasquatch?

What would a student study about Bigfoot at Idaho State under Dr. Meldrum?

It appears that his topic schedule offers or includes Gross Anatomy, Sectional Anatomy, and Organic Evolution, so I would suspect that's what one would study under him.

And my question stands. Want to try an answer to it?

His collection of (50% or more) faked Bigfoot casts that he sells copies of for $50 at Bigfoot gatherings?

I doubt those casts are class material in Gross Anatomy, Sectional Anatomy, or Organic Evolution, but I may be wrong.

Can you fill us in?

His theories about a animal he has never even personally witnessed?

I'd sure be asking him about it after class.

His THEORY about a mid-tarsal break?

Sure. I'm interested in the theory.

Dr. Meldrum knows plenty about primate physiology, but he knows as much about Bigfoot as everyone else. NOTHING.

My guess is that you're wrong, but that's just my opinion, and it's as good as yours. In fact, to me, it's better.

The thread topic is losing the faith.

And we can see that you lost yours. All that will do will be proof.

Now you can either go out and get it yourself (good luck), you can wait with the faithful, or you can blow with the wind.

4 years ago, I was naive enough to believe there were experts. Not any more.

How old were you then? Ten? Cause that's pretty naive. How can there be any "experts" in something that hasn't even been proven?

However, I'll give Dr. Meldrum more "authority" than the average Jose' off the street. Why? Because the man has studied the subject more than most, conducted his own searches, is a biologist, etc, etc, etc.

We sometimes devour our own young.

And I'd say that "often" is the key word in that sentiment. Not only have we seen it in spades within sasquatchery, I've seen it in nearly every other group I've been involved with. That's why I tend to be a loner. The last thing I need is somebody sniping at me.

as for the OP of losing the faith in BF as a possible real creature? for me ,not really, however there is one aspect i do have my doubts about.

considering the potential for hoaxers & story tellers(the BS factor,IOW) combined w/ the politics & infighting within the BF community i am losing faith that it will ever be proven to the public,unless some regular joe w/ no ties to the BF scene smacks one w/ a log truck by accident.

folks operating "under the radar" w/ research might just keep it to themselves to avoid the headache, imo.

...there is one aspect i do have my doubts about.

considering the potential for hoaxers & story tellers(the BS factor,IOW) combined w/ the politics & infighting within the BF community i am losing faith that it will ever be proven to the public,unless some regular joe w/ no ties to the BF scene smacks one w/ a log truck by accident....

I agree. For one, it appears that "science" is waiting for that exact scenario to occur before they even start to show interest. Secondly, I believe these creatures are dying out (at least in North America), which lowers the possibility of the proverbial logging truck solution as well as even a concerted attempt to find such creatures.