How Would You Capture Or Kill A Sasquatch?

Guest tracker

Just wanted to say, I don't think elephants guns are necessarily large caliber guns. A .40 cal handgun uses a larger caliber bullet than the popular .375 "elephant gun" and a .45 1911 uses a larger caliber bullet than most elephant guns. I think a better term might be high(er)-power, depending on how you define power.

I am sure I'll win to biggrin.gif that's too funny. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I am not the one who reached for a crutch and dragged in personal experiences in the field to support their own opinion. In fact you asked me where I was coming from on why I think they would be so hard to kill. All I am going to say is "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" and that cliche is old too but it's still cuts through your BS real fast.

How would either of you two guys get a Bf into position and then kill one? Maybe you can blind him with your BS and then bore him to death with your real life hunting experiences? biggrin.gif lol. Now that's funny. biggrin.gif

Enjoy the thread, still laughing biggrin.gif invincible Bigfoot buddy experiences. How did you know? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

JMO tracker

2 guys? What 2 guys are you referring to? If you are referring to me, I thought I was pretty respectful to you at least in my last few posts, and agreed that none of us really knows anything concrete about BF, it's biology, etc. I also gave my thoughts as to how I would attempt to get one into position, which line up with what most experienced hunters on here have said. They are tried & true methods for known animals, and for lack of any real info on BF, they are just as good as any other methods at this point. You asked how other people on here would try to do it, and several of us answered. Did those of us who answered do something wrong?

Guest Cervelo

I am sure I'll win to biggrin.gif that's too funny. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I am not the one who reached for a crutch and dragged in personal experiences in the field to support their own opinion. In fact you asked me where I was coming from on why I think they would be so hard to kill. All I am going to say is "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" and that cliche is old too but it's still cuts through your BS real fast.

How would either of you two guys get a Bf into position and then kill one? Maybe you can blind him with your BS and then bore him to death with your real life hunting experiences? biggrin.gif lol. Now that's funny. biggrin.gif

Enjoy the thread, still laughing biggrin.gif invincible Bigfoot buddy experiences. How did you know? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

JMO tracker

Ahhh I think in the field experience is what we are talking about?

Geez let me help Tracker it gos like this

1) you see bigfoot

2) you rasie your gun

3) you pull trigger

4) bigfoot gets to take the big sleep

I dont know what your deal is, or whats got you so bent here lately, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree, I've always had a lot of respect for your opinions.......until now :unsure:

Just wanted to say, I don't think elephants guns are necessarily large caliber guns. A .40 cal handgun uses a larger caliber bullet than the popular .375 "elephant gun" and a .45 1911 uses a larger caliber bullet than most elephant guns. I think a better term might be high(er)-power, depending on how you define power.

The two I listed, which are very popular ones, are higher caliber, but yes, you are right that higher power is the kicker, and they still use a much longer (and therefore heavier) bullet in the lower caliber ones. Of course anything .30 caliber & up is generally considered a big game round (in rifles), although people do use some smaller ones (.270, 25-06, etc.) for deer-sized game (maybe elk too, idk lol).

Guest tracker

2 guys? What 2 guys are you referring to? If you are referring to me, I thought I was pretty respectful to you at least in my last few posts, and agreed that none of us really knows anything concrete about BF, it's biology, etc. I also gave my thoughts as to how I would attempt to get one into position, which line up with what most experienced hunters on here have said. They are tried & true methods for known animals, and for lack of any real info on BF, they are just as good as any other methods at this point. You asked how other people on here would try to do it, and several of us answered. Did those of us who answered do something wrong?

The posts got over lapped thanks for your input. For a while there i thought you guys were trying to tag team me . all apologies blush.gif

No many goods posts by both of you guys with lots of swinging for the fence. I really like that instead of playing it safe. It shows good character when people stick up for what they believe in instead of duck & cover and retreating. Anyone that joins me in the field has got to have some sand in their personality or else they can stay in camp.

It's not a petting zoo out there and i only carry a hunting knife. Think about that in bear and cougar country.

thanks, tracker wink.gif

Guest Cervelo

Surveyor,

Welcome to BFF and the condesenion, arrogance, of the "knowers" You and I are not privey to the knowledge since we havent "seen" biggie. Of course how could you or I have logged as many hours in the field or possible have anything to contribute. So just sit quietly and enjoy the knowledge that will be spoon fed as you are ready or you are deemed worthy! Sorry couldn't resist not everyone here is a self proclaimed "reasearcher" some of us just like being in the woods and see what we can see! You'll figure it out ;)

Anyone that joins me in the field has got to have some sand in their personality or else they can stay in camp.

It's not a petting zoo out there and i only carry a hunting knife. Think about that in bear and cougar country.

I'd pack hip waders.

Guest tracker

I'd pack hip waders.

and bring some courage and skill too smile.gif

Edited by tracker

Guest tracker

Surveyor,

Welcome to BFF and the condesenion, arrogance, of the "knowers" You and I are not privey to the knowledge since we havent "seen" biggie. Of course how could you or I have logged as many hours in the field or possible have anything to contribute. So just sit quietly and enjoy the knowledge that will be spoon fed as you are ready or you are deemed worthy! Sorry couldn't resist not everyone here is a self proclaimed "reasearcher" some of us just like being in the woods and see what we can see! You'll figure it out ;)

yes welcome one and all feel free to take some notes smile.gif

Edited by tracker

Guest tracker

Yeah!!! the old Tracker's back!!!! :lol:

Always same tracker, wink.gif

it's hard to convey level or type of emotion when posting. To me it's just a bit of friendly camaraderie as you would with team mates sitting around a dressing room after a game having a cold one. You know you rib each other over a bad play or a fluke goal. So I don't get all bent when someone doesn't agree but i do fire back. All these Bf forums and threads mean nothing it's just talk. I am however competitive and I like to win whether it's in here or smiling while taking your money playing poker. biggrin.gif show me the money biggrin.gif

JMO tracker wink.gif

Guest ajciani

If I might point to the story of the Louisiana Hunt. They used a sniper in a tree stand, with a deer carcass to lure them in. When a bigfoot went for the carcass, it got gut shot, once, with a 30 caliber rifle. The BF fled, and ended up not being collected.

Now, the shooter was using the wrong type of optics for low-light hunting. Second, he had a one-shot, one-kill philosophy, and so he didn't take a second shot when he had the chance. If the scope was right, and the shooter was willing to fire a second round, there might have been a little war there, between the hunters and the bigfoots.

It's not the ones you shoot that you have to worry about; it's the ones you don't.

It's not the ones you shoot that you have to worry about; it's the ones you don't.

That's fairly common advice: That if you shoot one, others will attack you. Maybe that's why the "Blockbuster Erickson Project" shooter may or may not have shot every creature that came into sight.

If I might point to the story of the Louisiana Hunt. They used a sniper in a tree stand, with a deer carcass to lure them in. When a bigfoot went for the carcass, it got gut shot, once, with a 30 caliber rifle. The BF fled, and ended up not being collected.

Now, the shooter was using the wrong type of optics for low-light hunting. Second, he had a one-shot, one-kill philosophy, and so he didn't take a second shot when he had the chance. If the scope was right, and the shooter was willing to fire a second round, there might have been a little war there, between the hunters and the bigfoots.

Well, in that case I would hesitate to use the title "sniper". I suppose the fellow must have gotten rattled at the sight of the creature, or was inexperienced and jerked the trigger, which pulls the barrel downward, thus lowering the trajectory of the bullet significantly. You've got my curiosity piqued, though. Do you have a link to the story?