The Cloning Of A Mammoth....can Neanderthal Be Far Behind ?

Guest Lesmore

bildeSiteOWDate20110129CategoryNEWS02ArtNo701299964RefH4Profile5maxw600maxh400.jpg

The foot of a Jefferson’s mammoth, cousin to the woolly mammoth, is on display in Elephant Hall in the University of Nebraska's Morrill Hall.

treasures1.jpg

Elephants in Nebraska? Surprisingly, yes. And not just your average elephant. Weighing in at nearly 15 tons and measuring 14 feet high at the shoulder, “Archie†is the largest mounted mammoth skeleton in the United States.

Named Archie from his scientific name Archidiskodon , archaeologists discovered his bones in southwestern Nebraska in 1922. Researchers estimate that Archie lived around 30,000 years ago.

Edited by Incorrigible1

OKay, lets start at the beginning.

1. The mammoth cannot be cloned. Not now, not ever, even if the partial genome could be some how inserted into a viable egg.

2. Neanderthals were not bestial or hulking or particularly anything other than a type of human - certainly H.Neanderthalis's very close ancestors , (us), are both close to the Neanderthal 'ideal' and different both in size and shape from individual to individual.

3. Humans, including both Neanderthalis and Erectus are by far the dominant and most dangerous animals ever to exist on this planet, modern humans, (supposedly puny), have killed Blue Whales - the largest creature ever to exist- using quite primitive weapons and in a very hostile enviroment. Modern Humans can out run any animal living on this planet today, in any test of stamina if they are accustomed to such exertion. There is no animal on Earth, no matter its size that has not been killed by a lone human being armed with rudimentary weaponry.

Our science has arrived at a pitch of expertise whereby it can unravel the genetic code of life and allow us to follow the various paths that life has taken, (unpopular with creationists), and our expertise will only become stronger.

Where is the evidence?.

Evidence of what? Sasquatch?

It's all around. Plenty of evidence. No proof.

I see, perhaps it was a particularly ingenuous thing to say.

I bet you knew what I meant Though?, didn't you?.

I bet you knew what I meant Though?, didn't you?.

Nope. I like clarification, and try not to presume.

Was that what you were talking about? Evidence of sasquatch?

yes - evidence of sasquatch.

Are unproved and likely hoaxed footprints evidence?.

Is a disputed film evidence?.

Are Anecdotes evidence?.

Are unsolvable and unverifiable accounts real?.

If they are the you must allow that sea monsters are real, and marian visions, and Allah, and mediumship et al to be real, for all of these phenomena have as much if not more 'evidence' by your lights, AND HAVE MANY MORE BELIEVERS.

where now lies the 'mass of bigfoot evidence'.?.

OKay, lets start at the beginning.

1. The mammoth cannot be cloned. Not now, not ever, even if the partial genome could be some how inserted into a viable egg.

Look up chimera, there is a way to get something pretty close to the original. Someone else touched on this earlier in the thread

http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/080110/chimera.shtml

2. Neanderthals were not bestial or hulking or particularly anything other than a type of human - certainly H.Neanderthalis's very close ancestors , (us), are both close to the Neanderthal 'ideal' and different both in size and shape from individual to individual.

No one knows this for sure but I bet you are right.

3. Humans, including both Neanderthalis and Erectus are by far the dominant and most dangerous animals ever to exist on this planet, modern humans, (supposedly puny), have killed Blue Whales - the largest creature ever to exist- using quite primitive weapons and in a very hostile enviroment. Modern Humans can out run any animal living on this planet today, in any test of stamina if they are accustomed to such exertion. There is no animal on Earth, no matter its size that has not been killed by a lone human being armed with rudimentary weaponry.

Not sure why this is important to the topic unless you think we will get crazy with recreating extinct species and be placed in a position to have to defend ourselves in some remote future.

Our science has arrived at a pitch of expertise whereby it can unravel the genetic code of life and allow us to follow the various paths that life has taken, (unpopular with creationists), and our expertise will only become stronger.

True that.

Where is the evidence?.

Wrong thread

Edited by Jodie

Are unproved and likely hoaxed footprints evidence?.

Unproved footprints are evidence. "Likely hoaxed" footprints are highly suspect.

Is a disputed film evidence?.

Yes, it is.

Are Anecdotes evidence?

Yes. Weak evidence, but testimony none the less.

Are unsolvable and unverifiable accounts real?

Maybe. Maybe not.

But they're damned sure "evidence".

If they are the you must allow that sea monsters are real

I do.

and marian visions

I do. Most definately.

and Allah

Yup. But the name I believe Him as is different.

and mediumship

Nope. I don't have to believe in mediumship if I believe in sasquatches,Marian visions, or God. You are not authorized to dictate what I must or must not believe.

all of these phenomena have as much if not more 'evidence'

No, they do not. God doesn't leave footprints for me to find in the mountains, and sasquatches aren't "heavenly bodies".

where now lies the 'mass of bigfoot evidence'.?.

In your face?

Guest TooRisky

What is the difference to protecting species that would otherwise die out?

Maybe it could be the wording that your not getting... To "Protect" is to assume there is something to protect.... To "Create" is to make from scratch.... Do you see the difference... And either way man has and will again interfere with nature... It will happen one to many times with disastrous results IMHO...

Guest wudewasa

Binky, don't talk about scientific evidence around Huntster, he doesn't like it!

Talk about guns, killing things and how academics need to behave! Debate, don't discuss!

Wait that's not what this topic is about! Back to the climate vs competiton discussion about neanderthal demise:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081229105039.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070501075039.htm

To "Protect" is to assume there is something to protect....

And the same folks responsible to "protect" are the ones we should be able to rely upon to determine in order not to "assume".

Or do you like paying people to assume?

Binky, don't talk about scientific evidence around Huntster, he doesn't like it!

Yeah, I do. I love it.

Talk about guns, killing things and how academics need to behave!

Grow up. If you don't like guns or the potential or requirement to provide science with a carcass on a slab, don't read my posts.

I reserve the right to read yours and respond to your crying.

Anyway, back to the cloning reason of this thread.

In the future there maybe ways and techniques put into use that we not even though of yet to bring the animals back to life.

"Impossible" is a word used way to much.