Do You Think Bf Lives In A Family Group?

I think they do live in family groups. I believe my initial encounter in the Olympic Mountain range happened because I go to to close to a family group. I can't prove that but I'm pretty sure. I was off trail hiking with two other people when we were ushered off the mountain by a Sasquatch. I think if it would have been a single creature it would have just left the area, undetected. Instead, it made sure we left the area. It stayed behind us for close to a mile, making real sure we weren't coming back. It was pretty obvious to me.

In the mid 90s I was working with the North American ape project in the Blue mountains near the Mill Creek water shed. Multiple tracks were found suggesting a family group was traveling together. 16 inch, 14 inch and 6 inch tracks were found together, some by me.

I think you can learn a lot from an encounter. Did it try to make me leave, or did it just turn and leave the area? When Sasquatch are encountered deep in remote areas there seems to be a pattern of them doing things to make you leave the area, but when they are seen close to human habituation, they seem to retreat, as if they're on a solo mission. I think this is why there are hardly any juvenile sightings close to human populated areas.

I'm surely just thinking out load here, and I'm well aware I could be wrong. This simply makes sense to me.

DR

You're probably right, D....I've never been ushered off, but if one was looking out for a family unit, it makes perfect sense.

The way I see it is that cooperative living is way more beneficial than the singular lifestyle. If everyone has a specific job, or task, a lot more can be accomplished, and as a whole, the group would have a better chance of survival. If you live alone, then you're competing a lot more than within a group dynamic. I have no doubt that they live in family groups, as we do, with the possible exception of young males looking for a mate.

Well the simple answer is that yeah in theory a group of animals would be easier to track than an individual, but that doesn't necessarily apply to Bigfoot. It doesn't matter if it's one or ten, creatures either wired or taught to do what they can to avoid detection are going to be hard to find. A pack of ninjai is every bit as hard to find as one lone ninja.

lol that's very true arizona. All joking aside I would just like to take the time to thank Derekfoot and all of you for your thoughts on the subject. Derek that seems like it was an amazing encounter. Edited by Caesar

Guest BFSleuth

Derek, thank you for the description of your encounter.

My previous post had a link to the surveyors that saw the family group on the Kitsap Peninsula that noted you did some follow up on the sight. If you would be so kind as to give your thoughts on that report it would be appreciated. The link is here:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=7441 - Forest worker has many encounters with bigfoot

BFSleuth,

yes I remember pretty well. The reason this sticks out in my mind is because the main guy in this encounter seemed very honest. His name was David Mills and he worked on the reservation in the forestry dept. A couple of us went out to the sight, which was actually on the reservation. Funny thing is, this didn't seem like a place you'd expect to see a Sasquatch, but this area has had a lot of sightings and encounters. Funnier yet, my x-wife heard an amazing vocalization about two miles from there during the same time period. The area of the sighting was mostly timbered with some open areas. Down a skid road about 150 yards away from his encounter we did locate a bedding area. We searched it well and came up with a substantial amount of hair. It was very coarse and dark black. I sent the hair to Jeff at Idaho St U and it came back as Bear. We did also find impressions on the ground, but nothing definitive. No toes.

I will say, I did find David M very convincing. He was a very intelligent articulate guy. I couldn't find any reason he'd be making this up. I also noticed he was a bit uneasy when we visited the sight with him. We tried to arrange to spend the night out there but that never materialized. He's had more encounters to date, and one of our team members did more follow up work with him. The guy I'm speaking of is a member of this forum. I'll ask him if he like to talk about his experience with David.

DR

Guest BFSleuth

Thanks for your reply, Derek. I know what he was talking about in terms of that sudden backlighting, reminds me of one of the few times I saw a bear up close in the wilderness. Sun comes out of the clouds and suddenly you can see what was only shadows in the leaves.

I'm thinking that up and down Puget Sound there are pockets of sizable woodlands in ravines and larger areas like the reservations on either side of the Sound that are connected by swimming the Sound or going up and down the beaches at night. The Tulalip Reservation is right across the Sound from this sighting, and there are several sightings there and on through to the Cascade foothills.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Do you think BF lives in a family group? Or do you think they live a more solitary life...Do you think they live in a family group, or do they live a more solitary life? What reasons have brought you to these conclusions?

We can assume, if Bigfoot is a hominid, that little ones require a lot of time and care of the parents, so we are talking about some amount of years (how many? 8? 10? we don't know), so it is possible that the mother spend a lot of time with the Bigfoot kids, thus forming a family nucleus...but how about the father? Maybe, as with other mammals, the teen males just go away (or are expelled) to form their own family groups...(a natural strategy for genetic exchange with the other families?)

I think Bigfoot is doing relatively well in North America, I do not know about the other creatures, but it is possible that there have been lonely creatures also...imagine when the creatures become scarce or isolated due to several factors (habitat destruction)...

Greetings.

K. Adam.

I'm definatley starting to lean toward the family group theory, just do to the sighting and track evidence. The more i research the more i find. I just always believe BF lived a life more similar to the bear, you know momma and poppa bear get together to mate. Once that's done they seperate and momma bear is left to take care of her young for a certain amount of time before they've learned enough and are ready to start there own lives. It is starting to appear that i was way off the mark. I'm still not 100% sold on the family group theory tho.

Guest Transformer

Where did you get the idea that I don't share evidence? Do you not see the link in bright blue letters in my signature? Do you think it's just there for decoration?

Being falsly accused tends to make some people get condesending.

That link goes to a page of totally unidentified sounds that has nothing to do with evidence. Where are your photos? hair samples? feces samples? video tape? What analysis has been done on your sounds that verify that they are not hoaxable or misidentifications?

I should have posted that if you have any real evidence to back up your claims you should share it.

I still can only come to the conclusion that you do not have much confidence in what you claim as evidence because you will not share it on a public forum in which you happily claim so much first-hand knowledge.

It's only logical to model Bigfoot ecology after other great ape societies, and large omnivorous mammals. Females with young are family. Males are solo. Adult males will attempt to kill offspring not their own so need protection from the mother.

Could Bigfoot have twin offspring, throwing this logic out? Probably.

Guest MikeG

DDA,

infanticide in primates is not limited to males. Female chimps do it too. I don't know about gorillas. Gorillas and chimps both form mixed-sex family groups, not female-only. It is the late-adolescent males that get driven off to live by themselves until they can start their own family, in much the same way as wolves, for instance.

Mike

That link goes to a page of totally unidentified sounds that has nothing to do with evidence. Where are your photos? hair samples? feces samples? video tape? What analysis has been done on your sounds that verify that they are not hoaxable or misidentifications?

Hasn't this dead horse been beat enough? Answers to your questions are tucked away here & there all over this board, & I don't feel compelled to look them up for you. Go find them for yourself if you are really interested.

Perhaps you even saw them in a previous life here?

• Upvote 1

If they acted as similar to the other primates as i've herd so many suggest. Wouldn't we have our concrete evidence by now? ;)

Guest Transformer

Hasn't this dead horse been beat enough? Answers to your questions are tucked away here & there all over this board, & I don't feel compelled to look them up for you. Go find them for yourself if you are really interested.

Perhaps you even saw them in a previous life here?

I am certain that it will not be worth my time.