Bigfoot And Fire Question?

Guest Jenny

Guest Jenny

I am brand spank'n new to this forum and I hope this is the right place to post this question. If not sorry...like I said I am a newbie. Please do not tear me up too badly hehehehehe.

This is my question: In your opinion (if BF is really out there in the woods) do you think they are either attracted to a campfire, repelled by a campfire or indifferent to a campfire?

I am assuming that BF do not use fire themselves...although I don't know enough about the subject to know that. If they do that might be a handy piece of info for me to know.

When I am staying in a place that I am thinking there might be a lot of bear or cougar I build a campfire. Even if it is a warm night. I like to get the smoke out as a warning that a human is in the area. Of course the flip side of doing this is that I am also alerting other humans that there is another human in the area, but that is a different subject.

Some of the BF accounts that I have read on line seem to indicate that BF are not afraid of fire. I have read a few stories that people say that the BF walked between their tent and the fire. That they came right into the camp and right up close to the fire. I always put my fire out before going to bed. I mostly just want the smell of smoke not really the fire in my camp at night.

I would appreciate any light you might be able to throw on this for me!

Thanks,

Jenny

The reports that have perked my ears of are the ones where BF are observed keeping the campfire between the campers and themselves ensuring ruined nightvision by the campers precludes them from being easily observed.

Guest alford anthony

Welcome Jenny,I myself am a newbie.I personally wouldnt think they would be scared of fire.Wy should they.But with all the forest fires out west,maybe just maybe the ones out there that have had to deal with fire, in that instance would prolly be terrified of fire.Perhaps its like the stories of BF watching children and the peeping tom BFs watching tv thru our windows at night, its curriosity???? Great Topic in my oppinion ( but what do I know im just a newbie) :rock: NEWBIES ROCK-aa

Between a lit tiki torch, a campfire left burning and a hanging rechargable lantern (all at the same time), it doesn't seem to have stopped them on a handful of occasions.

Guest Twilight Fan

If Bigfoot came across a human by a campfire, he'd instantly burst into song:

"Now don't try to kid me, mancub

I made a deal with you

What I desire is man's red fire

To make my dream come true

Give me the secret, mancub

Clue me what to do

Give me the power of man's red flower

So I can be like you"

I rather think that if BF exist with the sorts of intelligence one might expect that an ancestrally related hominin might reasonably have, they would not see campfires and wildfires as merely fire but vastly different kinds of things. Wildfires by the way are not usually very scary and are not difficult to avoid and interestingly enough could actually attract an intelligent animal since they typically leave behind a lot of interesting opportunities for an opportunistic feeder. cheers

Guest wild eyed willy

welcome to the forum, I don't know the answer to your question, but It gives me a thought as to something you or another researcher might try.... While you are out camping in suspected squatch territory, Make it a habbit of catching some easy prey such as froglegs, create a fire with things a BF might have handy in the woods and then cook what you caught,, making it a point to try and teach the local big feet how to do this...( you may also want to leave some of the cooked meat where the squatch can find and try it).. If you are sucsessfull, you might see camp fires springing up through out the forest,, thus giving away there positions...

Just a thought, happy Squatchen

Guest Jenny

I don't know the personalities of the posters here but I have got to figure that Wild Eyed Willy is pulling my newbie leg.

If BF has not learned to cook over a fire in all the years they have been around I doubt very seriously they are gonna take a cooking lesson from me. Beside I am a really awful backpacking cook. I hate doing dishes so I eat very simple meals when I am out there...plus pack weight is always an issue so that means I am not hauling around steaks and bacon and eggs...and I am not gonna go and catch a frog to cook up for BF. Too funny!

Some of you did make me laugh with your answers and suggestions to the question that I asked about fire. I suppose I am trying to put them in a category with bear in my mind.....if they exist at all.

At this point in time with what I have learned I think that there is something out there that people are seeing (especially hunters). What it is who knows? I will have to see one to believe it I am afraid at this point in time.

If I ever do have an experience with BF I will be sure to let this forum know about it first. I am actually considering going out by Mt Adams to a remote location (without my dog) and just sit for a few days to see what I see. Usually I am just hiking thru making my way to a different trail head making a lot of noise as I go.....but it would be interesting to just go out and sit quiet to see what I see. No whooping or hollering like on the Monster Quest shows. No lights or cameras...just my eyes. But than perhaps I will meet up with one and no one will ever hear from me again ::Jenny runs off to hide her head under her camp pillow::

Guest wild eyed willy

your right, I was just playing with you.... Most of what I write is just to be funny, but I also bring up some interesting points that most people don't think of, Because I tend to think outside the box. Partly because It's how my brain works and partly because I don't know where the box is... Welcome again to the forum, we are pleased you could join us. I look forward to reading your thoughts.. ( on the computer screen, I can't read your mind or anything like that.)

First of all- credit for the following image/newspaper clipping goes to member Tirademan....

He posted this last Spring (2011) in the NY Sightings thread....

I find it very interesting on so many levels.

#1 its from the 1800's

#2 it suggests that "whatever" the beast is in the report does have the use of fire.

Somthing I've never really seen or heard to be attributed to "Bigfoot" type creatures.

#3 The part about the horse has always kind of gotten to me- I mean no man (that im aware of) is strong enough to drag an adult horse off into the woods.

True? Who knows.... Journalism of the day did have a tendency towards sensationalism- in order to sell copies, so it is possible that it was an exaggeration.

I do find it an entertaining and scary account though !

(Click on the image- its gets a little bigger/easier to read...)

NY1895WildmanKillsHorse2.gif

A little story; To Jenny

I camped alone perhaps 60 nights over three years in remote location. Didn't use much artifical light after sundown and fire out fairly early b/c I wanted BF visits. As part of the program over time I set up small toy statues (about 1-2" tall) in realistic scenes (wondering if they understood symbols..a statue is a symbol for what it represents)....

On one occassion a set up I had that I had hidden under a tree root and covered in grass had been "played with" in that the little bears were facing the opposite direction (the grass was back in place but "messy") and missing from the little "camp" scene was the plastic fire! A 1" or so imitation fire, looked realistic with logs and red plastic flame.

Ok, did BF take, well, this was many trips into that "program" and my best ways to measure who was visiting indicate it was my Juvenile BF....(prior a tennis ball went missing, it was returned to spot two months later!)..but no I can not prove...just my best understanding in context.

anyway fast forward almost year and half and by this time I felt "familiar" and safe on many lelels, but I would still set out little figurines in certain hollow logs/sites, etc...but never any missing even if disturbed. Until 2011 spring and then one figurine goes missing, the one of a blond haired farm girl holding basket of eggs (I used baskets to exchange or offer trinkets, etc..once filling with plastic easter eggs each with small prize or small treat...and they were taken apart one by one along a trail for almost 40yards...not many raccoons can do that I would think, hold seven plastic eggs at once as it walks a game trail)..

.anyway those two statues of hundreds dissappered. I cant ever know for sure, but I did think it significant the two symbols taken..a fire and a representation of me....

also as an aside, I left a hot dog in a grill cage once by neglect on dying coals hour or so after dinner and it disappeared , evidence indicated a skunk got it thru that grill right from the fire, so I did a set up next night and watched and sure enough that skunk got right in those coals! The first season skunks were like mice, by end of three years I saw not one skunk...hummm...

Not sure I can conclude BFs ate them all b/c a few other things up there affected ecosystem, but it was noticable over three years, the reduction in rodent/varmint visits/tracks...

Edited by apehuman