Retired Usa Forest Ranger Knows Sasquatch Is Real.

Hunting guides should be the ones making sightings I would think. The often travel on horse back, are always looking for tracks, they spend a lot of time glassing slopes, talk to a lot of other guides and outfitter and spend extended periods out in camps. If they do see something however, I could see their reason to not necessarily advertise the fact. Who knows, maybe that could be bad for business and it is a competitive field.

I think the ridicule factor keeps a lot of people quiet. If Bigfoot is real, I think up North would be one of the hardest places to find it, people who have not gone North, really have no idea how vast it is. We have been up, and flew with an outfit called Ivanhoe air a couple times, out of Folyette, and I am sure I spelled that wrong. Get dropped at a remote cabin for killer walleye and pike fishing.

Cervelo, where are do you live? (General area of course)

I worked in Ivanhoe Provincial Park and out of Foleyet John. No such thing as bf there.

t.

I worked in Ivanhoe Provincial Park and out of Foleyet John. No such thing as bf there.

t.

Makes perfect sense to me, I'm a firm believer that if it were in areas like Ivanhoe Provincial Park, there would be no mystery at all. In fact, I can't imagine BF being in most places people claim it is...first day of hunting season in any given year would put the whole thing to rest. :)

Cheer

Edited by summitwalker

I go there to fish, not for Bigfoot,although there have been quite a few sightings around Sudbury, and Souix lookout, you can see the reports on BFRO, in the Ontario section. One place I hear about often, through the grape vine is Bon Echo. I would honestly think once your north enough, even if they are there, you would have a tough time running across one. You should go check out some of the Ontario reports Terry, as well as visit the Ontario Sasquatch page as well, read some of the reports, and the people involved. Another good thing is to listen to Dr. Bindernagel discuss the dismissal of Sasquatch, how it has occurred, etc. I'd enjoy talking to you more in depth on the subject.

Guest spunout

Ivanhoe made it to Canada?? That was before Lief Ericson, even. Perhaps with the Knights Templar.

Edited by spunout

Guest Cervelo

Slightly off topic but this touches on one my biggest issues with Bigfoot the list of people outdoors on a consistent basis for work or pleasure would seem to be the majority of people reporting Bigfoot when it appears they are the minority....?

It makes total sense they are the minority Cervelo, the ridicule they would face would be worse than the average, and could affect how their superiors judge their competency. They are the most likely not only to avoid making any report, but would consider "responsible" of themselves to take the "official" stance on it. Have a listen to Dr. Bindernagels thoughts on it, I agree totally with what he is saying in that regard. It can be tough to take when you bring the subject up, and the response is laughter, and ridicule. Worse if it could affect you professionally.

It can be tough just trying to talk about it, and look for more evidence, I would not want to be a witness,perhaps even a little traumatized over it, trying to face that response in hopes of achieving some sort of resolution to what has happened.

Edited by JohnC

Guest Cervelo

I get the professional in a position of authority angle for sure.

I was thinking more along the lines of long distance hikers/campers, farmers, loggers, field biologist, ect I frequent some of the hiking, camping fourms and it's effectively laughed out of the room when it's brought up, people with lifetimes of remote camping and hiking with hardly any reports.

One would think if Bigfoot where to ever see a kindered spirit in the woods, it would be this group of people.

I have family in the Kirkland Lake area, they have cabins and I know from being there that there is a lot of bush. I have heard my cousins relate a story or two they have heard but they have never relayed any direct experiences.

Guest ajciani

There may not be that many bigfoots in Canada. Neanderthals were probably hairy and without clothes, and they never went beyond 50 degrees north, in Europe. If it gets much below 20 F for any prolonged period, I doubt we would see much of any bigfoots. They might migrate in, but would probably quickly migrate out. Crossing big lakes is a bit of a hindrance for that.

Slightly off topic but this touches on one my biggest issues with Bigfoot the list of people outdoors on a consistent basis for work or pleasure would seem to be the majority of people reporting Bigfoot when it appears they are the minority....?

My experience is that bigfoots can be encountered during the day, if you are aware of their presence. Sometimes, they get angry enough to make you aware. Usually, they stay well out of sight, which is much easier during the day. Most of those people spending time outdoors are spending it during the day, so the bigfoots are probably seeing them, not the other way around.

Other than the western reaches of NA, and specifically the PNW, BF in northern Canada would have a pretty tough time surviving the winter in the boreal forest...er...unless they eat bark. It is a tough sled making a living in the winter in the north...unless you're a moose, or a rabbit, or are into winter hibernation. Now if BF is capable of hibernation, that would be cool and open up an entire new set of possibilities.

Guest BFSleuth

The BFRO database has reports that go pretty far north, like above the Arctic Circle:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=6486

... and in response to summitwalker, yes they have been observed to eat tree bark like eating corn on the cob.

Liver is also a very high value food (just google "liver warning London Olympics") that gives an energy boost like no other, and it seems they will often make a deer kill just for the liver and other key organs like the heart and lungs.

Fresh hot blood is also a great source of energy. They have been observed scooping blood out of a fresh kill body cavity.

One of the BFRO reports that came out in the last month or so was from Wyoming (or Colorado?)... the one where the tow truck driver was loading a car that had been wrecked by hitting an elk. The BF came and dragged away the carcass. I think the temperature was about -20ºF.

I think they have no problem at all living in boreal forests. The First Nations people know of and have sighted BF in the Yukon.

I go there to fish, not for Bigfoot,although there have been quite a few sightings around Sudbury, and Souix lookout, you can see the reports on BFRO, in the Ontario section. One place I hear about often, through the grape vine is Bon Echo. I would honestly think once your north enough, even if they are there, you would have a tough time running across one. You should go check out some of the Ontario reports Terry, as well as visit the Ontario Sasquatch page as well, read some of the reports, and the people involved. Another good thing is to listen to Dr. Bindernagel discuss the dismissal of Sasquatch, how it has occurred, etc. I'd enjoy talking to you more in depth on the subject.

I've read all the Ontario reports John and I live about an hour and a half from Bon Echo. I know some of the Parks staff that work there as well. Never heard anything from those folks about bf. Most of the reports we read in Ontario aren't from folks who know or work in the bush. There are a lot of people who know absolutely nothing about wildlife, sign or the wilderness that come here and say they see and hear things that must be a bf or whatever. Many are campers from Toronto, etc. and many are young folks who don't have a clue. The Indians here are Algonquins who have no legends of bf that I'm aware of and I know and have worked with many of them. Doesn't mean there isn't such a thing as bf here of course but I do have my doubts.

One more thing and this is off topic a bit. If there is such a thing as bf, in my opinion it would have to be mainly reliant on vegetation (sp?) for food. To hunt, an animal leaves lots of sign due to the chase, the kill and the consuming. If there were snow on the ground there is no way that sort of activity could be concealed. That means winter conditions here aren't viable to a bf making a living. If they were here they would have been discovered long ago.

t.

Makes perfect sense to me, I'm a firm believer that if it were in areas like Ivanhoe Provincial Park, there would be no mystery at all. In fact, I can't imagine BF being in most places people claim it is...first day of hunting season in any given year would put the whole thing to rest. :)

Cheer

I agree 100%.

t.

Edited by Terry