Olympic Project Photos

Guest OntarioSquatch

Guest OntarioSquatch

Hey Shake, yes we have heard back from her on that particular sample.. :D

hahaha. question answered :lol:

I personally think the Olympic trail camp pictures are some of the best evidence out there. I immediately see the face, and think the artist rendering of it, has nailed it pretty much dead on. The face fascinates me, I can see both character and intelligence in it. I go back and look at those pictures on a regular basis. I would like to see what someone like M.K. could do with them.

Not to mention the source, a reputable, solid organization, with a long term controlled approach to their work.

Edited by JohnC

DR - I looked at your website some time ago and saw these pictures. Haven't seen any like them

yet anywhere else. Thanks for putting them out there.

I think I remember Justin Smeja listed as one of your staff. His picture on your site bore no resemblance to the pic shown

of perhaps a much younger Justin with a trophy buck on other sites Is Justin working for you?

And is the pic on your website of the same Justin pictured in stories about the 'Sierra Kills?'

I appreciate the kind words! Thank's guys.

Yes that is Justin on our site. He doesn't work for me. We are strictly a volunteer org. He is working four game cams for us in nor-cal, and yes he is a member of the Olympic Project. Ya, same guy.

DR

John, thanks. I also think my buddy Chris nailed the artists rendering, but at the end of the arm you can see fingers up above its eye. Those are not on the rendering.

DR

Anyone else check the photos out? Apparently they captured a Sasquatch that was investigating a trailcam.

The original:

174JPGw300h225.jpg

Enhanced

174JPGw300h2251.jpg

Kinda looks like Elvis Presley if you imagine it without facial hair

This is a joke...right?

Ontario, I have very high hopes for the paper. I'm tired of waiting just like everybody else, but I do understand why it's taking so long. I know Melba has put her heart and soul into it, and there's a lot of other PHD's involved. I hope it's published and received well. If not, back to business as usual. There is a misconception that all of our reputations are ridding on it, but that's really not the case. We, just like many other groups have simply provided samples to the study. Beyond that we have absolutely no control over the results or how they will be received. At the Olympic Project, we are in the business of finding and gathering evidence, and now with our recent additions to our team we are much more capable of analyzing what we gather. Paper, or no paper we will keep on keeping on doing what we do. I do think the paper has the potential of opening up many more doors and raising awareness about this species. My fingers are surely crossed.

DR

Admin

I agree DR. If the paper is well received, the focus will be to gather confirming evidence, maybe even a type specimen. If it's not well received, then it'll refocus everyone on figuring out what went wrong and getting it right next time.

Keep up the good work!

SSR Team

Thanks for clarifying Derek, i also think the other picture is more telling than these one's personally.

These would be the one's where it gave the Camera a good, big old lick then i take it ?

Guest Kerchak

This is a joke...right?

If it was a joke it would probably be 'funnier' than that.

Bears and other animals have blurry indistinct trail cam photos. They aren't all pin sharp crystal clear.