Anyone Interested In Starting A Maryland Group?

Guest shoot1

Admin

You can help classify reports, nobody has taken the MD,DC,VA,PA area. It's easy and you probably want to read those reports anyway.

Guest shoot1

You can help classify reports, nobody has taken the MD,DC,VA,PA area. It's easy and you probably want to read those reports anyway.

where are you getting your reports from, just the BFRO?

I live in College Park and I would love to get out in the field for some research and scouting. I am convinced that Bigfoot can live in MD, despite what others say. Ive been wanting to link up with other 'footers for awhile but few seem interested.

you're about 1- 1 1/2 hours southwest of me. Any specific sites you're interested in?

Admin

The database has the Mangani dataset which includes reports from all known groups. BFRO, TBRC, MARC, etc, etc.

Guest shoot1

The database has the Mangani dataset which includes reports from all known groups. BFRO, TBRC, MARC, etc, etc.

So how does one classify the reports?

Admin

If you're interested I'll create a username/password for you and send it with instructions. It takes about 10 minutes to classify a report.

Basically you read the report and fill out the form below:

Http://www.bigfootforums.com/ssr/ssrnew.html

Just let me know. Thanks

Edited by gigantor

• 2 weeks later...

They can pass through MD. They obviously don't know borders. I'd focus on West VA more than Western MD though. Larger area. More remote. More places to live/hide. Where would they live on the eastern shore? There are no caves. Surely someone would see shelters.

I think I'll check out that location in Parkton. Maybe look for prints and stick formations in the day and go back one night as well. Not too far from me.

Edited by Maverick

Guest shoot1

I am buying new camping (& Kayaking) gear this weekend and a few cameras next month (Going for a DSLR, a Go-Pro, and a Drone/RC copter). Should be fully equipped (with *nice* gear) by the end of the summer. If anyone is interested in doing field research - including vehicle-based recons, please explicitly state that on this thread along with your location and availability. I'm in Reisterstown. I work evenings, so I can do local day hikes and overnights on weekdays and can do some weekends - locally or nearby in WV / PA / VA, too.

Willing to do vehicle-based "blind" work, overnights, mountain biking (day and night), kayaking, and will hopefully have aerial capability soon.

Edited by shoot1

Guest shoot1

I'd like to share my response to a recent email I received...

Just wondering, have you had any luck with organizing your expeditions and fundraisers?

- (Someone has suggested...) A few of us might meet to get to know each other in July, but that's about it so far.

What region are you in?

- Located in Maryland, considering expeditions in MD and nearby parts of WV (eastern part) and PA (southern part).

If you did get some kind of funding in place for squatch research, what kinds of hypothesis would you seek to test?

- Personally I'm not seeking to test any hypothesis so much as prove their existence. In my mind - at this stage in the game - the approach would be up to the local groups. My idea is to fund the groups and provide them with the equipment they need to do whatever research is appropriate for their location and achievable by their members. What they actually do and how they do it would be completely up to their resourcefulness, manpower, skills, and education.

Or, might I ask, how would you go about your research?

- Ideally I'd like to create the nationwide logistics needed to have nearby researchers respond to sighting reports immediately, as soon as they are reported. We could encourage better research by providing (not only equipment, but also...) standardized training materials and a skills-based curriculum to give people the basic knowledge needed to do a professional level of research. Tracking, plaster casting, photography/videography, forensics, primatology and anthropology are some skills that come to mind, as well as camping, bushcraft, mapping, orienteering, offroad driving and - possibly - marksmanship.

Edit: I personally like the hackerspace model where people share a workspace and equipment, and get together whenever they can, but the best model for an organization like this just may be the Boy Scouts.

Like, what do you "think" sasquatches really are (e.g., an undiscovered ape, missing link, hybrid human...)

I don't know and don't want to be biased by limiting myself to just one viewpoint. Heck, they may not even exist. (I'm the first to admit that my own experiences could be chalked up to an over-active imagination.) I also think all researchers should be aware of (and open to exploring) all the possibilities.

Edited by shoot1

Guest OntarioSquatch

BFRO investigator Ron. B had a sighting in Severn Run State Park back in 2001. Given the number of sightings and the size of the state, i'd say they are there. Good luck with any research efforts...

Hey booger, I am new to the board but a very recent experience i had on a hike in PG county sparked me to do a web search on experiences and sightings in that area and it lead me to this board and a few topics this being one of them. I plan on going back to where i had the incident sometime soon and would welcome anyone else interested in a little bit of hiking to meet up and come along. Message me if you are interested and i can provide more details about everything. I live in Laurel, where i have been hiking is not to far from there. Interesting enough, this area fits well into your other thread on travel via streams and creeks

Guest shoot1

Hey Bigbear, "Booger" is the title for someone who hasn't been on the board for very long. Look underneath your username and you'll see the same thing. I'm in Reisterstown. My weekends are tied up through the end of July, and then I will be available. Very interested in knowing the exact location so I can hike the same area. Private message me if you'd like to. Is camping available in that area?

Shoot1, yeah, saw the booger thing to late lol Ill hit you up with a PM, I wrote a more descriptive account of my experience in the sightings, mid/atl, MD thread if you are interested

Guest shoot1

Hey booger, I am new to the board but a very recent experience i had on a hike in PG county sparked me to do a web search on experiences and sightings in that area and it lead me to this board and a few topics this being one of them. I plan on going back to where i had the incident sometime soon and would welcome anyone else interested in a little bit of hiking to meet up and come along. Message me if you are interested and i can provide more details about everything. I live in Laurel, where i have been hiking is not to far from there. Interesting enough, this area fits well into your other thread on travel via streams and creeks

How would you feel about deploying a game camera if I mail one to you? I think the Day 6 Plotwatcher Pro Time Lapse Video Camera(s) would work. It does not have an Infrared emitter or motion sensor, and I can provide a soundproofing for you to use, too (Soundproof insulation, wrap it in camouflage duct tape) . It can sit there for up to 4 months and we can upload ALL of the video to a website for people to pick through.