The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Oh, right, what I meant to say on-topic is that I'll have to give the Coast-2-Coast show a listen. I'm not surprised that he's just going to gather, test, and publish, since it seems like geneticists have DNA testing down to an everyday activity. Makes me wonder all the more about what could be causing delays with that other one.

Yes I expect Professor Sykes is so use to sequencing and publishing on human DNA it would be like going through daily motions, but I wouldn't bet against bigfoot throwing a monkey wrench in that. :D

This is very true. For anyone that wants to denigrate the efforts of either Dr. Sykes or Dr. Ketchum to claim they are hoaxing, then it should be noted that trying to "hoax" DNA would be a hoax on the order of magnitude above all other hoaxes.

My understanding is that Dr. Sykes won't consider any hair sample submission unless you have already privately had a morphology analysis that excludes known species. Have you already done that?

I have had Dr Fahrenbach examine 4 seperate hair samples, which he stated were the same as hairs collected in the USA, beleived to be BF hair

Don't forget whose language it is, Hosierfoot..........the clue is in the name :) We roll around on the floor whenever you try and say aluminium or call a backside a fanny !!

Mike

I'm always reminded of the Churchill quote about Americans and British "being two peoples divided by a common language"...

Dragging it back on topic, it IMO would be a mistake to do a MT screen, given the possibility that has been raised of near-human or human-hybrid. They'll have to do both mt and nu screening.

Edited by Mulder

Guest poignant

Sykes claims that the turnover time = 3 weeks from sample received to test results. His gravitas and transparency inspires confidence. Can't wait for the results come year end.

I'm always reminded of the Churchill quote about Americans and British "being two peoples divided by a common language"...

Dragging it back on topic, it IMO would be a mistake to do a MT screen, given the possibility that has been raised of near-human or human-hybrid. They'll have to do both mt and nu screening.

Mulder that was my concern a few post back ! I am not a DNA expert and would hope someone with more expertise in this field could clariy this.

Is it possible that screening purely by a MtDNA profile that the results maybe so similiar to Homo sapien sapien that genetic polymorphism may not be distinguished as would be by NuDNA testing protocols ?

Stinky

Another question here.

Sykes is know to be a "hair" expert. What if the hair samples tested do not compare well to know human hair morphology but the MtDNA testing compares closely to human.

I would assume Sykes and team would question this and perform more in-depth testing ( NuDNA). Makes sense right ?

Big Stinky

Edited by Big Stinky

Guest slimwitless

Sykes claims that the turnover time = 3 weeks from sample received to test results. His gravitas and transparency inspires confidence. Can't wait for the results come year end.

Do we know of anyone that has successfully had a sample accepted for testing by Sykes? I seem to recall several people (here and elsewhere) commenting that he didn't seem interested in their samples. In other words, they never heard back.

I'm certain they'd have better luck if their evidence happened to test "positive" by Melba Ketchum.

I emailed Dr. Sykes shortly after the announcement with a 1. Thank You! and 2. can I contribute? The answer was fairly prompt, "1. you are welcome, and 2. absolutely.

I received an email perhaps 4 to 6 weeks later with a reminder (!) of the effort and asking if I desired a DNA kit. I responded with a "maybe" as my household resists any involvement (especially money!) I have or plan.

Bigfootology's Rhett, has been extremely responsive as well indicating that sterile gloves, tweezers, and even just a ziplock will be adequate for most samples..which confused me a bit as it seems many organic samples are stored in paper envelopes or use desiccants...anyway..that's it....

totally responsive IMO even with perhaps a deluge of interested to contribute but not big players....I know two others who have also received these responses.

The 20 sample target I assume is for deeper analysis than mtDNA, but can't say (the C2C seems to indicate just mtDNA) , guess I assume b/c of Stubstad's reports.

My struggle is throwing another dime at the effort, b/c I feel confident that 20 sample target will be filled...and "proof" from whatever corner is more than I can do, and am personally tired of the resistance on so many levels.

On the other hand, I would be as willing to accept non-investigation by "science".for the reasons so many cite....and live with the disbelief of others.

I assume I shall try b/c i am packing and making all the motions with my equipment, lol,

That said I am open to any suggestions anyone has for hair collection techniques.

Edited by apehuman

^Never EVER use ziplock bags on their own...the retention of moisture promotes decay of the sample. That's why the pro's use paper for such things or a dessicant.

Thanks, I agree and looking to purchase the minimum supply, and had a good link, then lost it somewhere on my computer...and the forensic websites seem a bit pricey..so open to input there as well.

I will request a kit now that I have a departure date, but I am old school and raised in middle US..where a person doesn't ask for anything free and rarely accepts help ...lol what a crock! But, I did worry about busting the Oxford budget on sample kits.....!

Edited by apehuman

BFF Patron

Double-sided sticky tape in it's widest available form and spooned out gobs of mouse sticky trap material strategically placed near a bait might work as well as a wire brush like trap.

Thanks and my understanding is this is successful technique. I would like to pre-screen myself, but haven't a good microscope...and wondering if lack of medulla is still the "standard?" I think Rhett also said they could pre-screen, not sure now actually

Guest slimwitless

I emailed Dr. Sykes shortly after the announcement with a 1. Thank You! and 2. can I contribute? The answer was fairly prompt, "1. you are welcome, and 2. absolutely.

That's good to know. Thanks.

Guest Shaun

Great interview. Brian seems like a top bloke, even if he is a very naughty boy... I cringed at the Starchild stuff though. Alien skulls? Really?

I'll be interested in reading his books.