Are Many In A State Of 'denial' Since Bf Is So Scary?

georgerm

Guest minnie-ear

Thanks for the comments georgerm and JDL I agree with the hard wired survival instincts.

BFSleuth-Just like the Happy Camp stories out of Nor Cal, “The bear carried our cooler awayâ€! Must have been Yogi or Booboo.

I finally made some copies of the London Tracks and poured a couple casts for my coworker’s little boy. My coworker had it laying by her desk when my boss comes in and looks at it. She, the president, is well aware of my interests. She looks at it, gets a very concerned look on her face, and then asks, “Reallyâ€? I say, “Really E., they are as real as you areâ€. She then says, “Well let me ask you a question…where did you buy that shirtâ€? I loved the redirection.

I was having dinner in Chicago with a coworker’s family. His brother tells a story of having a coyote stalk his small dog in a city park. After the story my coworker outs me and says, “Well, Chris has seen a bigfootâ€. Immediately the brother says, “Must have been a bearâ€. Gee, thanks. Of course when he told his story I didn’t suggest that his downtown Chicago coyote was actually a collie.

Anything but the truth if it makes you feel better. Indeed ignorance is bliss. Hell, I sometimes wish I didn’t know.

• Upvote 1

With regard to squatch, they haven't simply sprung from the ground overnight. They have existed in our world, presumably, for as long as we have been human. Today we overshadow them in population, technology, and domination of that portion of the planet we inhabit. But there was likely a time in the distant past where we were on more even footing, pehaps even a time when they were the more dominant hunter-gatherer species at a time when we, as hunter-gatherers ourselves, were few and far between. At a time when their physical dominance held sway over our technological and social adaptations, they were likely strong competition at best and a serious threat to us at worst.

So competition and conflict between our species likely dates back far enough that it may have affected which of our forebears carried on their genes. If so, this could explain our "gut" response to them.

A very interesting perspective and well said. I wonder if BFs were in greater numbers then or just as rare? If they were rare back say 12,000 years ago, then the same dilema may have existed which is very few eye witnesses and lots of doubters. I suspect they were rare and prefered living in the higher elevations where humans didn't dwell. Did the avoid human due our spears and arrows that would take down mammoths?

The native Americans knew about BF but it seems that only a few witnessed BF. Is it possible that BF has been a mystery for a long, long time due to their limited population. I don't understand why they seem to be so rare and don't grow faster in numbers. I guess they just have one child at a time then wait until it's raised before having more. How could this happen.............intened birth control? I can;t imagine a family of ten BF children from the ages of 1 to 10. Seems like they would be easy to spot and capture.

Anyway, your thoughts about humans and BFs coexisting since the beginning of human existence is a real possibility. Were they the weirwolves in Europe that were seldom seen but commonly spoken of since their rare presence sparked the human imagination greatly. Did denial exist back then just as it does now?

Edited by georgerm

My first sighting, from a distant at night through Thermal/Flir I was in awe. My second sighting years later in broad daylight and 90 feet I was very afraid. I have not had another sighting since that one.

Not to derail, but perhaps as a society we are in some sort of collective denial about certain issues. I am by no means pointing fingers at Sasquatch..but there seems to be something going on that no one wants to come

clean about. Case in point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfsw6KFKydo

Thanks for the comments georgerm and JDL I agree with the hard wired survival instincts.

BFSleuth-Just like the Happy Camp stories out of Nor Cal, “The bear carried our cooler awayâ€! Must have been Yogi or Booboo.

I finally made some copies of the London Tracks and poured a couple casts for my coworker’s little boy. My coworker had it laying by her desk when my boss comes in and looks at it. She, the president, is well aware of my interests. She looks at it, gets a very concerned look on her face, and then asks, “Reallyâ€? I say, “Really E., they are as real as you areâ€. She then says, “Well let me ask you a question…where did you buy that shirtâ€? I loved the redirection.

I was having dinner in Chicago with a coworker’s family. His brother tells a story of having a coyote stalk his small dog in a city park. After the story my coworker outs me and says, “Well, Chris has seen a bigfootâ€. Immediately the brother says, “Must have been a bearâ€. Gee, thanks. Of course when he told his story I didn’t suggest that his downtown Chicago coyote was actually a collie.

Anything but the truth if it makes you feel better. Indeed ignorance is bliss. Hell, I sometimes wish I didn’t know.

BF is a difficult conversation piece with those in denial, and the informed nonbelievers. Watch out talking about BF in the work place since one can get labeled as a kook. The forum is safe. We are all kooks! The only ones I like to talk with are eye witnesses, the well informed believer, well studied skeptics and some with no knowledge. A good frined of mine is a very experience woodsman but is in deep denial and refuse to even read or hear about BF.

They change everything Geo, for good or bad is up to us individually. I don't look at the woods in quite the same way anymore.

Guest BFSleuth

I've read some reports where witnesses have had symptoms of PTSD after their sightings. There does seem to be some level of trauma for many people. Avid hunters that suddenly won't go in the woods again, folks that just want to stay indoors for extended periods of time, crying jags, etc. It does seem to turn one's world upside down with the sudden realization that we aren't the boss of the woods.

This particular BFRO sighting report has always stuck in my mind. Especially the follow up report. It seemed like the witness was pretty shook up about the event (being that he was in BF's cave when BF returned....). But the part that get's me is where the witness says, "They are a superior intelligence" with some intensity.

The other interesting part is that the researcher was able to track him down because some years after his encounter he built a statue of what he saw, and all the neighbors immediately pointed to his house when the researcher asked for directions. Sounds almost like Richard Dreyfuss obsessively building the model of Devil's Tower in the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=17456

Makes me wonder what transpired in that cave that made him declare they are a superior intelligence, and what did he mean by it?

Guest minnie-ear

BF is a difficult conversation piece with those in denial, and the informed nonbelievers. Watch out talking about BF in the work place since one can get labeled as a kook. The forum is safe. We are all kooks! The only ones I like to talk with are eye witnesses, the well informed believer, well studied skeptics and some with no knowledge. A good frined of mine is a very experience woodsman but is in deep denial and refuse to even read or hear about BF.

I live in Oregon and work in Eugene who's motto is "We are all here because we aren't all there". You don't get the kook lable here as much as you do in other parts of the country. I let every one know I'm interested. I actively promote sasquatch. The more witnesses and enthusiests stand up and reveal themselves; more of the general public becomes aware and the more acceptance we can foster. I'm a pretty good example for my coworkers. I'm not preachy, they know I'm into it (not always to what extent) and I think they appreciate the fact that I'm a pretty regular, responsible guy and if I think there is something to the subject then they can take it a more seriously. Again, I'm in Oregon and things are different here. My boss and her husband actually visited a bigfoot attraction because of my influence. They even bought me a t-shirt. She has even let me leave work early to investigate a fresh find. I frequently get gifts of the sasquatch kind from work friends and I've had several coworkers from various jobs relay personal accounts or accounts from family and friends. If you don't work in a sensitive field and you have good coworkers I don't see it as a problem to share a little about a hobby. I've turned a skeptic or two.

I consider spreading the truth one contribution I can make. All that said, I don't waste my time on scoffers. If they don't want to hear it and prefer to remain ignorant, so be it.

Seeing a sasquatch or otherwise encountering one is a powerfull experience.

May I have another please.

Edited by minnie-ear

I've read some reports where witnesses have had symptoms of PTSD after their sightings. There does seem to be some level of trauma for many people. Avid hunters that suddenly won't go in the woods again, folks that just want to stay indoors for extended periods of time, crying jags, etc. It does seem to turn one's world upside down with the sudden realization that we aren't the boss of the woods.

This particular BFRO sighting report has always stuck in my mind....

*snip for space*

The story I always remember is the Texas hunter who was almost pulled out of a tree by a squatch. He was so shook up that he not only gave up hunting, but refused to even go on his back porch unarmed. Then one day his car broke down less than 100 feet or so from his house. Instead of walking back up to the house, he spent hours in his car trying to get someone to come get him and drive him up to the house.

No more sinister than the other large American omnivores. I don't think they have ill intent no more so than a bear, cougar. wolf or shark.

While they appear to be this way for the most part, their perception is nothing of the sort. The physical attributes of a Sasquatch sets our threat assessment system on fire. The first thing that can be noticed, the height and width of the creature is what sets us off instinctually. When people are sizing each other up for a fight, often height is the variable that is most considered.

Another aspect that must be considered is its stealth. These animals can move through a forest like a ghost, concealing their presence more effectively then a lot of our trained millitary personnell. And on top of that, they have physical power like nothing else we've ever seen in the animal kingdom.

The animals on this planet that dwarf us in a physical fashion so completely are few and far between, and we know as much about them as we can. Indeed, if a rogue Bigfoot decided to raid a house and kill everyone inside of it, there wouldn't be much the inhabitants in question would be able to do about it.

It is lucky for us that violent Bigfoot behavior is not directed very often at us, and if it is, it is merely an attempt to have us removed from the area, not killed. Or rather, any humans that have been killed by Bigfoot have simply disappeared in the woods. I don't imagine that number to be very high, but it is a possibility.

Now to be a little more on topic, I think for the most part it isn't about denying something your afraid of, but it's been the object of so much scorn and derision for the decades that it is simply dismissed out of hand. It truly is an unfortunate state of affairs.

Another aspect that must be considered is its stealth. These animals can move through a forest like a ghost, concealing their presence more effectively then a lot of our trained millitary personnell. And on top of that, they have physical power like nothing else we've ever seen in the animal kingdom.

Its unlikely that military personnel will ever be quiet in the woods unless they get very specific training. One of the problems is clothing- the only quiet clothing is made from natural sources, brain-tanned leather being the best (brain-tanned leather is completely different from 'regular leather; it is supple, soft, undamaged by water but stretches easier and is possibly more fragile, although I've been amazed at what I've subjected it to and it stood up). Then there is the issue of movement, for which essentially you are not going to be quiet if you wear shoes and barge through the brush. IOW its no secret why BF is so quiet- humans can be every bit as quiet, but they have to be taught and they have to have the incentive (like their life depends on it...). BF's life *does*.

I live in Oregon and work in Eugene who's motto is "We are all here because we aren't all there". You don't get the kook lable here as much as you do in other parts of the country. I let every one know I'm interested. I actively promote sasquatch. The more witnesses and enthusiests stand up and reveal themselves; more of the general public becomes aware and the more acceptance we can foster. I'm a pretty good example for my coworkers. I'm not preachy, they know I'm into it (not always to what extent) and I think they appreciate the fact that I'm a pretty regular, responsible guy and if I think there is something to the subject then they can take it a more seriously. Again, I'm in Oregon and things are different here. My boss and her husband actually visited a bigfoot attraction because of my influence. They even bought me a t-shirt. She has even let me leave work early to investigate a fresh find. I frequently get gifts of the sasquatch kind from work friends and I've had several coworkers from various jobs relay personal accounts or accounts from family and friends. If you don't work in a sensitive field and you have good coworkers I don't see it as a problem to share a little about a hobby. I've turned a skeptic or two.

I consider spreading the truth one contribution I can make. All that said, I don't waste my time on scoffers. If they don't want to hear it and prefer to remain ignorant, so be it.

Seeing a sasquatch or otherwise encountering one is a powerfull experience.

May I have another please.

You are a lucky man since your coworkers are open minded about BF and listen to you. Others are not so lucky and fall in with coworkers who are in denial, or who are ignorant nonbelievers. They can redicule the out spoken BF enthuiast which can harm careers. This kind of happened to me.

While they appear to be this way for the most part, their perception is nothing of the sort. The physical attributes of a Sasquatch sets our threat assessment system on fire. The first thing that can be noticed, the height and width of the creature is what sets us off instinctually. When people are sizing each other up for a fight, often height is the variable that is most considered.

The animals on this planet that dwarf us in a physical fashion so completely are few and far between, and we know as much about them as we can. Indeed, if a rogue Bigfoot decided to raid a house and kill everyone inside of it, there wouldn't be much the inhabitants in question would be able to do about it.

It is lucky for us that violent Bigfoot behavior is not directed very often at us, and if it is, it is merely an attempt to have us removed from the area, not killed. Or rather, any humans that have been killed by Bigfoot have simply disappeared in the woods. I don't imagine that number to be very high, but it is a possibility.

Now to be a little more on topic, I think for the most part it isn't about denying something your afraid of, but it's been the object of so much scorn and derision for the decades that it is simply dismissed out of hand. It truly is an unfortunate state of affairs.

This sounds like denial. It's more comforting to toss BF aside and to punish those who bring up the topic. These denialist don't want to do research to discover the facts, but desire to bury facts and sightings.