Bigfoot Experts

Guest drtracr

Whaddaya want to know? "Experts" will generally state:

If you down a creature, its family members/group will immediately rip you to shreds.

Dogs are terrified of them.

They perfectly mimic more common creature's sounds.

They know when humans have good intentions toward them.

They sense and avoid trail cameras.

If you don't see them in real life, review your videos, and you're sure to spot a couple of them hiding.

The creatures adopt a quadrupedal mode to run much faster.

The creatures prefer Winstons, because Winstons taste good like a cigarette should.

For more on this subject, consider joining the Premium membership forum. There's an ongoing, rather humorous thread devoted to the subject.

SSR Team

They sense and avoid trail cameras.

For more on this subject, consider joining the Premium membership forum. There's an ongoing, rather humorous thread devoted to the subject.

I fail to see where the humour could be in that part to be honest, the proof is in the pudding isn't it ??

That is of course if you are open to their existence, which you may not necessarily be so, i don't know.

Guest Transformer

BobbyO, I really appreciate your fairness and openminded views when I have stated a contrary position to yours and I hope it will continue because I really enjoy your posts and our discussions. :) But, (and everyone knew that was coming) we really have no evidence that sasquatches detect or avoid cameras we just have no good trailcam pictures, right? And we use as an excuse or reason for this absence of good pictures an explanation that really has not been documented thoroughly. How many reports are there of "I saw the sasquatch come down the trail and then he froze and went around the 3 cameras I set up as carefully as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs!"? The reasons could also include just plain bad luck or nothing to photograph but I cannot just get my head around something having some sort of super sensory powers unlike any other primate. Just my opinion.

That is of course if you are open to their existence, which you may not necessarily be so, i don't know.

I'm most certainly open to their existence, but not to the often accepted and conceived behavior.

Are there any reports of anyone ever ripped asunder by the creatures? Yet it's become accepted behavior that one can't tread cross ways in the wild without coming under the creature's scrutiny. It all seems a little silly, to me. Of course your mileage may vary, and I respect the hell outta Bobby O.

SSR Team

But, (and everyone knew that was coming) we really have no evidence that sasquatches detect or avoid cameras we just have no good trailcam pictures, right?

Thank you for your kind words Transformer..

But how could we have evidence of something not getting on camera, wouldn't we have to catch them on trail cam's avoiding trail cams to be able to prove they were avoiding trail cams ?? :D

Or could we just say as we don't have any pics of them from trail cams, this wouldn't necessarily be seen as something that could/should be scoffed/laughed at ??

I don't know, of course i don't, i just would rather attempt to talk and share reasoning than scoff/laugh at something when we have such little knowledge on any of it's behaviour.

But it takes all sorts to make a world of course..

I'm most certainly open to their existence, but not to the often accepted and conceived behavior.

Are there any reports of anyone ever ripped asunder by the creatures? Yet it's become accepted behavior that one can't tread cross ways in the wild without coming under the creature's scrutiny. It all seems a little silly, to me. Of course your mileage may vary, and I respect the hell outta Bobby O.

Some of it is ridiculous Incorr of course it is and you know i think that too, but i just feel there may be something to certain bits that are unfortunately generally scoffed at by " us ".

They must have some decent forms of camo techniques going on ultimately surely so for some of them things to maybe be outside the realms of how we generally view things, isn't completely out of the question for me.

Guest Lone Squatcher

There is a company, I forget the name. that has developed a special body suit which masks your electromagnetic frequency. This company's scientific research has concluded that animals can sense electromagnetic frequencies. In fact, their study has concluded that the bigger and smarter an animal is, the more that animal can sense these frequencies. I'll try to locate more info on this.

Guest BFSleuth

It may be that bigfoot can detect electromagnetic frequencies. We don't have any idea of what their perceptual capabilities are.

It may be they do have the ability to scan and catalogue their environment very quickly as well. Recently there was a thread that discussed the testing of chimpanzees' ability to see several numbers flashed on a video screen and more accurately remember their correct sequence than humans. It would not surprise me that a highly intelligent creature like a BF could spot a camera trap, nor would it surprise me that they might have a general idea of their purpose. It would surprise me if they haven't noticed a human or two come into the woods and place these and come back to check out what is in them and also noticed the noises and flashes when animals go by them.

That being said, this thread is about bigfoot experts, so we may want to take the discussion of bigfoot's capabilities to another thread.

But, (and everyone knew that was coming) we really have no evidence that sasquatches detect or avoid cameras we just have no good trailcam pictures, right? And we use as an excuse or reason for this absence of good pictures an explanation that really has not been documented thoroughly. How many reports are there of "I saw the sasquatch come down the trail and then he froze and went around the 3 cameras I set up as carefully as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs!"? The reasons could also include just plain bad luck or nothing to photograph but I cannot just get my head around something having some sort of super sensory powers unlike any other primate. Just my opinion.

Alright, I can explain that 'ability' and I can also explain that an expert should know that any BF should have that ability and more.

This has to do with 'sensing presence'. Everyone here has experienced it, and we see in the sighting reports that normal people often do too. That feeling of 'being watched', that creepy feeling you get that makes you shiver and stands up the hair on your neck. That is sensing of presence, and is something you can expand to tell you a lot about your environment. What you find is that if *anything* is watching you you can get that 'creepy' feeling. Tom Brown Jr of The Tracker School teaches this in many of his classes. Now most of us in town would go nuts if we were using this, because there is so much activity. But when you get out in the woods alone, this sense can be turned on and exercised. I suspect that BF has the same ability, but unlike us humans, his/her life depends on it, and is 'on' all the time (in fact they may not even know how to 'turn it off' like we do). They are going to sense the presence of the cameras without having to see them.

Now this is not some New Age mumbo jumbo I am talking about here. Like I said, we've all experienced it. Its a natural ability that as humans we often refuse to acknowledge, sometimes to our own detriment (some of the best patrols that never got trip-wired or ambushed in Viet Nam were trained by Tom Brown Jr).

So- I would expect that an expert on BF would understand this fact innately. If not then they will miss a huge portion of why BF is so elusive... and miss a lot more than that!

Edited by salubrious

Guest Darrell

So we have experts on something we cant even prove exists? Maybe the true qualification for being a bigfoot expert is the expert actually finds one!

Guest BFSleuth

I think in terms of this thread the concept would be who has gathered and presented the best evidence to date, or who has put forward the most cogent statements or theories in regard to the subject. You are correct to say that nobody can be called the definitive expert at this time, since that title would be held by whomever is able to bring forward proof of existence. However, if that "expert" turns out to be a random hunter that brings down the type specimen or a random trucker that inadvertently kills one on the road, then I would still give most of the credit to the researchers and theorists that have done so much work to date.

So we have experts on something we cant even prove exists? Maybe the true qualification for being a bigfoot expert is the expert actually finds one!

What does it take to 'find' one? I got within 8 feet- is that close enough to be considered 'found'? I don't consider myself an expert though... I'm with BFSleuth on this one.

Guest Darrell

om Brown Jr of The Tracker School teaches this in many of his classes..... (some of the best patrols that never got trip-wired or ambushed in Viet Nam were trained by Tom Brown Jr).

I think you need to be very carefull when bringing Tom Brown Jr into the thread. He is as controversial in the WSK community as some are in this community. It has been refutted that during the Vietnam war he was not in the military and did'nt teach military personnel. He would have only been 20 yrs old during the high point of the war's combat operations and this was years before he published his first autobiagraphy (many would say his first novel) that doesnt say anything about it.http://www.trackertrail.com/tombrown/controversies/index.html has some good info on Tom Brown and his Tracker school, and even if you dont want to hear i, the controversies that follow him today.

So can you be an expert in the bigfoot phenom? Of course you can be an expert on putting together stuff that may or may not be related to anything, you can read other's books and be an expert in what they said, you could also telepathically commune with a bigfoot "teacher" (dont get me started on that) and be an expert on whatever crazyness bigfoot puts in your head. I would say that maybe Kranz and Meldrum are the only qualified "experts" as they have the academic and research skills and training that would be required. But that doesnt mean they are not right on everything or not completely wrong overall. I'd also add that Kranz said that once bigfoot was proven the academics would take over research and basically force the amatures out.

What does it take to 'find' one? I got within 8 feet- is that close enough to be considered 'found'? I don't consider myself an expert though... I'm with BFSleuth on this one.

Cool, where is that proof we all need? Pics, foot prints, anything? From 8 feet you could have shot video or stills that could rival the PGF! Umm, or did your "mountain teacher" speak to you via telepathy to not take his picture? Sorry for being flip but if you can get within 8 feet of a bigfoot someone else could too and it could be proven they exist right?

Edited by Darrell

Guest BFSleuth

Cool, where is that proof we all need? Pics, foot prints, anything? From 8 feet you could have shot video or stills that could rival the PGF! Umm, or did your "mountain teacher" speak to you via telepathy to not take his picture? Sorry for being flip but if you can get within 8 feet of a bigfoot someone else could too and it could be proven they exist right?

If you want to know what salubrious saw you can read all about it here:

So, if you find yourself stopped with your foot on the brake 20' from a BF that fills the entire lane in front of you I'm sure you'll be up to the task?

Guest Darrell

So, if you find yourself stopped with your foot on the brake 20' from a BF that fills the entire lane in front of you I'm sure you'll be up to the task?

Yes, if I were stopped for that long with the creature that close and I had to slowly drive around it I would have enough brain power to take a cell phone video of the bigfoot. Are you telling me you wouldnt? Now if someone claims to be able to repeatably get closer than 8 feet from a bigfoot and doesnt take a quality pic or video then IMO they are full of beans.

Yes, if I were stopped for that long with the creature that close and I had to slowly drive around it I would have enough brain power to take a cell phone video of the bigfoot. Are you telling me you wouldnt? Now if someone claims to be able to repeatably get closer than 8 feet from a bigfoot and doesnt take a quality pic or video then IMO they are full of beans.

If I read what Salubrious said correctly, this was 22 years ago when this happened. No cell phone cameras then.

If you want to know what salubrious saw you can read all about it here:

http://bigfootforums...bf-in-the-road/

I read through that entire thread. Amazing stuff!

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic