Bigfoot Experts

Guest drtracr

Guest Darrell

Hey I got that list from Mulders link in his signature line. I just substittued "belief" and "views" for "dogma" and "orthodoxy". And I got the gorilla timeline from wiki.

Edited by Darrell

Guest BFSleuth

Normally wikipedia is a good starting point, but has been known to be inaccurate. I see that you are borrowing and substituting words from Mulder's signature line. Carry on.

tho I havent done a tracker school course, I do know several that have who were in the same unit as I that thought it was a waste of money. Tom Brown has almost a cult following, almost like...........

You might want to find out how far your friends actually got through his school. If your friends were already skilled at survival, they may have found the first class ('Standard') to be rather boring. It is a prerequisite to nearly all of his other classes though.

Yes, TBJr does have a sort of cult following, no doubt. I've never been able to sort out how many of his stories are true, but he is quite consistent about them, something that even good liars aren't. I have found his classes on tracking to be particularly useful; I have to surmise from your comments that your friends never took them. The information in his tracking classes becomes quite useful for sorting out the BS as opposed to the real thing when looking at BF prints and trackways BTW. His tracking classes are the best I have seen, but they are the tip of the iceberg in terms of survival and in particular 'awareness skills'.

He had a good laugh when T. Bascardi made the claim they had a BF body in a freezer (I happened to be taking his Standard class at that time). He was quite certain that they were hoaxing.

Edited by salubrious

Guest Transformer

It seems to me that the most likely scenario if BF exists is that they are highly intelligent. As Salubrious has noted, if you think about them in terms of that intelligence and family groupings then many of the sighting reports make more sense, ie. the evidence fits a pattern of intelligence. When I say "evidence" I speak in terms of behaviors noted in sighting reports. I also take sighting reports with a dose of salt, as I'm sure there is a degree of misidentification or hoaxing involved (tall tales and yarns for attention). However, I consider that a properly vetted database of sighting reports has a fair amount of genuine reports and taken as a whole can give us useful information.

I have looked at large numbers of the BFRO reports and they are pretty much poorly investigated or not really investigated at all. I understand that they are considered the biggest repository of such reports. Do you have a better "properly vetted database of sightings" and can you explain how you can ascertain the "genuine reports" from the rest? Thank you.

Not yet but we are working VERY hard on it.

It's for Premium Members but at 112 posts you meet the minimum. At present it takes 100 posts to join the PMP.

Still in the planning stages but we do have the Report Classification that gigantor coded and worked with a few others to come up with. Folks are busy as we speak working through reports.

Next stage will be to incorporate a Witness/Sighting database that will work hand in hand with the Report Classification Project.

Once completed then The BFF will have the coolest database.

Some really neat things planned for the Premium area/membership in the coming months.

I'd encourage everyone who has at least 100 posts and a warning level less than 3 strikes to consider joining if you have not yet done so.

Lot's of folks have joined. You can view them in *gold* at the bottom of the page or note their *Sesquac* status associated with them.

Here are step-by-step instructions on how to join as a PMP member....

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/30015-important-news-premium-access-memberships-are-now-available/

Guest BFSleuth

I would add that the BFRO database is unevenly vetted by researchers. As Transformer noted, many reports (especially older reports) don't have any apparent follow up by researchers, while others have extensive follow up with additional clarification and details and photographs. However, the BFRO database is the most extensive current publicly available set of reports, so it provides a starting point for someone to begin getting a sense of BF distribution and behavior.

• 4 months later...
Guest baboonpete

That is not true.

Until you have the specimen YES, yes it is. Not you, not the star footers, not the dna squad, til you got a body everyone is just one more intrigued by the whole thing. your bias makes you wrong.

Guest thermalman

FYI folks..........

EXPERT

: having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience

: one with the special skill or knowledge representing mastery of a particular subject

: to serve as an expert

:)

Guest baboonpete

FYI folks..........

EXPERT

: having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience

: one with the special skill or knowledge representing mastery of a particular subject

: to serve as an expert

:)

dealing with something that actually has been proven to exist perhaps. Mulder's objects of veneration, fraid not.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic