Why I'm Not A Fan Of Stick/tree Structures......

Took some more photos in my area last week and it seemed the sasquatch were back. Smelled one and had some back and forth whistles with 2 until a 3rd chimed in with what sounded like a staccato like warning whistle then all fell silent. I also took a photo of the general area. Very remote.

post-1151-0-61047600-1344209498.jpg

post-1151-0-75749700-1344209526.jpg

post-1151-0-01920300-1344209559.jpg

BFF Patron

What type of whistle cadence do they use......? Known animal, up and down notes with trilling? Ever record any of it? Just curious?

A very simple sharp whistle, like I use to stop running bears or call my Chessie. The warning one was the same but short fast bursts in succession. It was the 1st time I had encountered this and I was only out for a short trip to show the tree structures to a good clients kids. I didn't bring a lot of equipment. It was the exact same as what I have heard in the sierra sounds clips. I answered and got a response, but the two kids immediately started trying to whistle as well and thats when the warning whistle stopped everything.

BFF Patron

Interesting, doesn't surprise me that somebody else finds and confirms something in the Sierra Sounds that seems confirmatory of their utility and validates another element of them. Anything in particular about those stick structures that you can expound upon..... I'm not visually picking up a lot of information with the exception that they seem large?

Edited by bipedalist