Where Does Sasquatch Realistically Exist?

An increase now doesnt make sense to me, the population of north america has been estimated at between 2 ~ 17 million pre Columbus. Now its something like 530 million. (quick wiki check so may be off in numbers)

Almost all of it concentrated in urban areas. In fact, over 90% of the US population lives in under 5% of the landmass.

Plenty of room for BF to live in, esp since we are REforesting the nation at a rapid rate. There are more trees in the US than there were even a century ago.

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wilderness-resources/stories/more-trees-than-there-were-100-years-ago-its-true

Guest BFSleuth

There are sighting reports, at least Class B, reports above the Arctic Circle in Alaska and Canada. If you load the BFRO layer into Google Earth you can see the distribution.

I don't really have an opinion on the subject, but wish to point out that I can name at least a couple predators that have naturally recently expanded their range, and one that seems to be spreading since its reintroduction.

The naturally expanding predators are the coyote and the mountain lion. The wolf is spreading its range, too. FWIW

This brings to mind the cougar that was tracked by DNA samples starting in South Dakota that ended up getting hit and killed by a car in Connecticut, a distance of 1500 miles...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/07/mountain-lion-killed-in-conn-had-walked-from-south-dakota/1#.T8kzWY4gxLp

No I was actually being serious. But, i wonder if Antartica had more people it might not be the only place on earth bigfoot has'nt been seen. Well probably not as I dont think there are any sightings in the northern arctic either, or has there?

The furthest northern documented incident that I know of is the Alaska military incident that has been debated elsewhere.

Some things have changed in the last 75 years that have opened up new opportunities. First among them is the fact that we dispose of 50% of our food. Second we are closed up in our air conditioned homes and have the dog on mamas lap. They can sneak around and have a smorgassboard.

I propose that there is a growing "dumpster diving" culture among BF. How many I don't know, but would not be at all surprised if it is a bigger number than thought.

I propose that there is a growing "dumpster diving" culture among BF. How many I don't know, but would not be at all surprised if it is a bigger number than thought.

Reminds me of a FL report where the witness encountered one doing just that at literally point-blank range. Scared the you-know-what out of him as he was positive it was about to come after him until he tried to shoot it. He missed and it ran off.

I've lost track of that report as it's been awhile since I read it...does anyone remember it? Part of the report was a pretty good sketch of what it's face looked like. Evil-looking brute it was too...

SSR Team

i wonder if Antartica had more people it might not be the only place on earth bigfoot has'nt been seen.

Well Hawaii is a place where they're not, or then again..;)

post-136-0-95478800-1338614252_thumb.jpg

Guest MikeG

Darrell,

are you really thinking that Sasquatch might live in Antarctica? I'm not quite following your post.

If so, then forget it. There is no vegetation on the entire continent. There is no reliable year-round food source unless you have access to the freezing ocean, and even then, expecting a primate to be able to catch and kill seals is, frankly, incredible.

Mike

Guest OntarioSquatch

Some places, well actually most places, people don't see bigfoot at all. Likely because they aren't there.

Guest Darrell

Darrell,

are you really thinking that Sasquatch might live in Antarctica? I'm not quite following your post.

If so, then forget it. There is no vegetation on the entire continent. There is no reliable year-round food source unless you have access to the freezing ocean, and even then, expecting a primate to be able to catch and kill seals is, frankly, incredible.

Mike

Mike, no I made that statement firmly with my tongue in cheek. But, what I was saying is that if there were more people on Antartica it would'nt be long until there would be stories or sightings of a hairy 8 ft beast walking around.

Guest Darrell

^And your evidence for this would be?

Reports everywhere, in every state of the US including Hawaii but to date no actual bigfoot. I understand that bigfoot is the Shoalin monk of the cryptid world but if the critter is everywhere why cant somebody find one? If bigfoot is really in as many places as the sightings say (is'nt there some from downtown LA?) even those clowns from Finding Bigfoot could find one.

Reports everywhere, in every state of the US including Hawaii but to date no actual bigfoot. I understand that bigfoot is the Shoalin monk of the cryptid world but if the critter is everywhere why cant somebody find one? If bigfoot is really in as many places as the sightings say (is'nt there some from downtown LA?) even those clowns from Finding Bigfoot could find one.

I doubt any credible person believes every report of a bigfoot is true. I doubt many I read/hear and am sure some are just people mistaken in what they see, hoaxing or whatever. Still, I don't know how many can be judged to be true, but even if it's as small as 25%, that would indicate they do exist.