Dead Grizzly Bears Found

Guest Darrell

Guest Particle Noun

I don't think anyone should equate finding deer, elk, or other fairly common animals with the likely hood of finding bigfoot remains. As noted above, if Bigfoot exists, it is far more rare than those other animals. For how common deer and elk are, shouldn't we find their remains all over? We don't, right? We do find them on occasion, no doubt, but they are all over the woods in certain areas, and yet still it is fairly unusual to find them.

Bear even more so. Their populations aren't great, but most likely larger than a potential bigfoot population, and we find their remains even less frequently, no? So, logic dictates that if we rarely encounter bones for common species, and even more rarely for species of more limited population, than an animal with a very small population is likely to leave much less trace behind.

While we know nothing concrete about Bigfoot populations, behavior, etc, I think it is fairly logical to say we should be equating apples to apples. We can't compare finding remains of dogs, cats, elk and deer with a creature that is surely much less common, and much more remote.

Also, NONE of those species has anything like a primates intelligence. If this is a primate, and moreso, if it is a hominid, then burying their dead, or at least carrying them to a specific location is a very distinct possibility.

Admin

We can't have it both ways. If BF exists, remains must be found or it isn't there. The lack of remains is a huge problem for this field.

That's why I advocate killing one, but only one, if possible.

Guest OntarioSquatch

^That's fair, but if we take a look at the Sierra incident, General chose to hide the body instead of bringing it back. So not only will someone have to somehow obtain a body, but they will also have to successfully bring it back.

We hear a constant refrain of "If you kill one, you'll be torn to shreds by its family/friends."

IF General killed one or two, why wasn't he ripped asunder by the ever-present guardian creatures?

Rhetorical question, no need to actually reply.

Admin

They could bring back parts of it, and I don't believe the General.

this notion that one doesn't find dead animals in the woods is fabrication stated over and over to the point people believe it's fact. I've come across dead deer, elk and bear while working in the bush. Not often by any means, but I've seen all three, all apparent "natural" deaths (i.e. predatory or old age). The bear was shown to me by a naturalist - died in its den during hibernation, so it's not like it was in plain view, but it was still found by a human.

this notion that one doesn't find dead animals in the woods is fabrication stated over and over to the point people believe it's fact. I've come across dead deer, elk and bear while working in the bush. Not often by any means, but I've seen all three, all apparent "natural" deaths (i.e. predatory or old age). The bear was shown to me by a naturalist - died in its den during hibernation, so it's not like it was in plain view, but it was still found by a human.

Their are state and federal wildlife officers who will tell you they have never come across bear bones in 30 year careers.

I live in an urban environment and I like to use the example of squirrels. They're everywhere! But you rarely see them dead and if you do, its a very occasional one on the street. Where do the others go? They only live a few years. Are the trees filled with bones? Do the crows get them? Any way you look at it there are no-where near enough dead squirrels to account for all the sightings :)

Now try that with a creature that (for the most part) avoids urban settings, is smart and avoids human contact, is (as far as we know) about 10000?? 100,000?? less common than a squirrel and bodies might be a bit difficult to find- maybe it might take 100s of years. Especially if they do things (speculation) like burial. Or maybe choose to die in some really out of the way area where there are no trails.

Guest Particle Noun

. Or maybe choose to die in some really out of the way area where there are no trails.

Why they have to be so difficult, yo?

If BF exists, remains must be found or it isn't there. The lack of remains is a huge problem for this field. That's why I advocate killing one, but only one, if possible.

Just because we can't find something does not mean it does not exist, not by a long shot.

I'm sure most here know about science and the bumblebee. 'Science' said it could not fly. Turned out the math was wrong- bumblebees can fly now :) but it took decades for us to arrive at that point. And that was with something that is pretty commonplace. We need to be careful not to equate human failings and ignorance/arrogance with fact. I can say this with confidence as I've been real close up with more than one, but I can see its a problem with others. Just remember the bumblebee. We'll get it worked out eventually.... don't hold your breath though.

Why they have to be so difficult, yo?

For real dude! :)

Admin

I live in an urban environment and I like to use the example of squirrels. They're everywhere! But you rarely see them dead and if you do, its a very occasional one on the street. Where do the others go?

I just googled "dead squirrel picture" and 4,570,000 hits came back. And that's for people who've seen a dead squirrel AND had a camera handy AND decided to take a picture of it AND decided to post the pic on the internet.

So your assertion that "you rarely see them dead" is demonstrably incorrect.

We need to be careful not to equate human failings and ignorance/arrogance with fact

Correct. The fact is that there is zero conclusive evidence of BF's existence. Your word, that you've seen a BF multiples times at close range, regardless of the odds, is irrelevant. :)

I just googled "dead squirrel picture" and 4,570,000 hits came back. And that's for people who've seen a dead squirrel AND had a camera handy AND decided to take a picture of it AND decided to post the pic on the internet.

So your assertion that "you rarely see them dead" is demonstrably incorrect.

[/font][/color]

I hope you are not conflating my point about the dead squirrel numbers in my neighborhood with the idea that there are no squirrels. All I was saying is the numbers don't come even close to adding up and that's with something

outside the window.

Correct. The fact is that there is zero conclusive evidence of BF's existence. Your word, that you've seen a BF multiples times at close range, regardless of the odds, is irrelevant. :)

True. However my experience is now telling me that an individual might have to pay a terrible price just to prove its existence to those lacking that experience. IMO it would be much better just to learn as much as we can so in time others can have that same experience.

What I don't understand is why is it important to prove that BF exists? What will that do for us? The best I can make out is that it will put BF in danger, if not humans as well. We are both probably better off with 'science' not knowing....

Salubrious

What I don't understand is why is it important to prove that BF exists? What will that do for us? The best I can make out is that it will put BF in danger, if not humans as well. We are both probably better off with 'science' not knowing.

Personally I agree that in the grand scheme of things we may not be doing Sasquatch any favors, even with the best of intentions. However that doesn't excuse us from not seeking knowledge about our own planet. It is a two-edged sword. There are those that believe that the powers that be may have reached your conclusion long ago and have taken steps to preclude anything definitive. I have no idea who is right but it sure is interesting to speculate about.

Guest thermalman

I posted in "dead Bigfoot" thread about a pic of a one that a friend of mine had seen. The pic was taken around 1900. I'm waiting and hoping that he can somehow send it to me soon. Hopefully, it will not turn out to be a hoax. There are some very entertaining thoughts in this thread! :)

Edited by thermalman

I believe that OntarioSquatch posted an extremely lonnnngggg list of reports of people finding dead BFs in another thread, many of which were reported to authorities or donated to universities then mysteriously just dissappeared. Maybe you could link it for me OS...as I am late for work!

Have a great No DNA paper Friday, everyone!

Guest WesT

I'd argue someone, at sometime HAS found a big pile of black fur with maggots and thought "that's odd" and kept right on walking.

Tirademan

Or saw an average sized human form, covered in hair, dead on a bridge overpass on Interstate and kept right on driving....