Thermal Invisibility....is It Possible?

Guest thermalman

Guest MJ151

Very true on the difference between the low end non-cooled Flir units and the high end cooled units. I have played with the Seaflir line and those would amaze people. Tut then they start at about $300K and go up from there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Arizona Researcher

The unit used was a older flir that costed about $21,000.00 used from the FLIR in 2008.

One thing that people aren't acounting for is the screens resolution.

Four images captured of a bigfoot in Arizona.

The image can be seen at www.desertbigfoot.com

Go through the guys pictures, and you should find the black and white thermal images produced by the FLIR.

Download them, inspect them.

Inspect them very well! Because you'll see a main creature standing up, displayed as bright white (showing it's heat signature)

and in one of the shots, you'll see on the right hand side of the photo, another that is looking right at the unit, squatting down.

Anybody here know how to work with digital photo's?

I'd really like to get somebodies take on this.

I've already studied them, I know what is in them.

I was there with that group, but I wasn't with the men who actually came into close quarters with one massive creature and other smaller bigfoot.

The one squatting looks like an ape.

I have copies of the thermals, but gave my word that I would not share them.

The file sizes are small, but blowing them up a little, and then studying them, you'll see that the smaller ones didn't show except for their eye balls.

The squatting one only shows his face.

Cotter, You said that a researcher claimed that a bigfoot show only hand palms, soles of feet, and a small portion of the face that show on a thermal.

What is strange, is that a bigfoot face only shows a little bit of skin below each eye, it's lips and even it's nose only has a little skin showing.

And I would have to say that the hands don't have hair, the palms don't, that is.

The handprint that I discovered on my vehicles hood showed no hair.

And the hood had a light cover of silt dust, and even campfire ash.

Edited by Arizona Researcher

• 1 month later...

Your question reminded me of a video I once watched on youtube where the guy captured eyeshine on film but when he switched to a thermal camera nothing showed up. This is the link

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4Jy6fzE2mbQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4Jy6fzE2mbQ&gl=GB

If that doesnt work try typing into youtube: Bioluminescence of Bigfoot (enhanced)

See what you make of it..

Edited by kezra

Guest thermalman

Thanks Kezra. I watched the vid a few times, and there could be any number of reasons why he did not pick anything up on his thermal camera. A few reasons I will list are: thermal unit was inside car (thermal cams cannot read heat signatures through glass), nothing was there (eyeshine could have been bright lights far off in the distance), parameters not set in camera correctly, out of focus, and many more. I wish I could've helped you more.......:(

cheers :)

But for me, the bottom line with those videos of thermal identification is, that no matter what the "cloaking", the objects like the animals NOT necessarily reading "hot" still have a difference in the ambient air temperature around them and still give off an easily recognizable silhouette. In the wild, I'd expect BF to be no different than any other animal or human out there.

Guest thermalman

True Guy. Given the temperature range in any thermal photo taken, all objects will show their thermal signature from warmest to coldest.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thermalman

Different heat signatures of various creatures, with background saturation color. Temperature range is Celsius scale............

Bear

Cat

Flamingos

Blood flow in my leg around an injured area, after taking a puck in the shin.

Edited by thermalman

• 3 weeks later...

Yes there are thermal cloaking uniforms. Have seen videos of them in use and they are pretty good. You do have to have your entire body covered including your face.

I would also imagine that they cannot be worn for very long, given that they would effectively keep all the heat "inside".

Factors to thermal invisibility:

1- Thermal resolution is a factor. Some equipment is not able to discriminate a 5 degree C temperature range. Some equipment can discriminate .000005 C range. The finer the discrimination the better the image.

2- Water vapor attenuates thermal IR and could contribute to a very degraded signature, particularly at distance.

3- I'm not sure this is involved in your scenario but clear glass will not permit transmission of thermal IR. Using thermal IR to find targets on the other side of windows is Hollywood.

4- A mirrored surface will reflect the IR of entities other than the target behind. Example: A chromed car bumper will appear black (cold) even is actually warm to the touch.