Best Evidence In Your Opinion?

There must be evidence that personally convinces you. Is it the sightings? Tracks? PG film? Vocalizations? What do you think?

Guest OntarioSquatch

The number of sightings from credible people 8)

Also, lets not forget the PGF. The film holds the answer to Bigfoot.

Of course, the best evidence of all is a personal encounter, but if you mean other than that, I favor the highly technical evidence that Joe and Bubba Sixpack wouldn't know about or understand, let alone be able to include in any putative hoax. Things like Fahrenbach's track size distribution analysis, which to replicate the natural bell curve distribution would require a highly impossible army of hoaxers acting over many years, hundreds if not thousands of miles that all talked to one another, worked to a single standard of inclusion for detail, and were tightly disciplined so as to acheive the results required.

Not at all a viable option.

Guest Twilight Fan

I concur with what others have already said: The overwhelming number of sightings and eyewitness accounts are hard to ignore. For ME, personally, they are the most convincing "evidence" to date (instead of inconclusive DNA samples, tracks that may be faked, or hoax videos of men in ape suits).

The sheer volume of witness sightings (from around not just the states, but the WORLD) make me stop and wonder: WHAT are people really seeing? Surely not all sightings can be chalked up to misidentifications, halluscinations or people's minds playing tricks on them. No no...there has to be something more to the Bigfoot phenomenon. Too many people swear blind that they've seen this creature.

The sightings ( the sheer number of sightings I might add) along with the tracks, and other evidence. No way all this can be faked. No way.

Of course, the best evidence of all is a personal encounter, but if you mean other than that, I favor the highly technical evidence that Joe and Bubba Sixpack wouldn't know about or understand, let alone be able to include in any putative hoax. Things like Fahrenbach's track size distribution analysis, which to replicate the natural bell curve distribution would require a highly impossible army of hoaxers acting over many years, hundreds if not thousands of miles that all talked to one another, worked to a single standard of inclusion for detail, and were tightly disciplined so as to acheive the results required.

Not at all a viable option.

+1 Mulder- that was EXACTLY what iced it for me. I would say that bell curve is borderline impossible to hoax. I first read about it in "Legend Meets Science".

Guest thermalman

I'd love to thermal some of your evidence with you, if at all possible? Thermography might help answer a lot of questions.

+1 Mulder- that was EXACTLY what iced it for me. I would say that bell curve is borderline impossible to hoax.

Precisely! Skeptics will make great amounts of hay about the possible inclusion of a number of "hoaxed" tracks (or at least ones they claim are hoaxed), then apply the Garbage In, Garbage Out meme to try to discredit the whole thing, but all that proves is that they don't understand the power of normative statistics.

The logic is very simple, and is based on two points: if you are Joe or Bubba Sixpack and you want to "hoax yurself some Biggie tracks", what size are you going to make your fakes?

Big. That's the simple and obvious answer. As a result, the bell curve is going to be skewed to the right, towards larger tracks, and will probably have multiple peaks as the "hoaxers" pick their track sizes.

But that's getting ahead of ourselves. There's still the issue of 1) taking the time to learn about anatomy in general, and BF foot anatomy in particular (to get the details right) and 2) making sure that ALL the "good ol' boys" out whittling stompers know about that information AND rigorously incorporate it.

Again, logically, how many Joe and Bubba Sixpacks are going to bother with all that, either personally or a part of the requisite large hoaxing conspiricy?

They're not. Again, it's that simple.

Admin

There must be evidence that personally convinces you. Is it the sightings? Tracks? PG film? Vocalizations? What do you think?

For me, It's the most basic premise. That many people seeing something they can only desicribe as large, hairy, bipedal (in most cases) are seeing something they reportedly cannot identify as anything other than Bigfoot. They are either making it up or They are not. If not, then the question becomes "What was it or What could it have been?". No doubt that in some cases a Bear would fit the bill, what about the others?......Are they all mis-identifications, mistakes, Illusions, made up, or are some people really seeing something extraordinary?

That's what keeps me in the game, so to speak.

Personally, my best evidence for a creature would be that I came face to face with one. If I hadn't, then the best evidence for me (all while probably still being extremely skeptical prior to the incident) would be the eyewitness reports. A lot are sane, down to earth people, that are all seeing the same general thing.

That, and footprints.

The logic is very simple, and is based on two points: if you are Joe or Bubba Sixpack and you want to "hoax yurself some Biggie tracks", what size are you going to make your fakes?

Big. That's the simple and obvious answer. As a result, the bell curve is going to be skewed to the right, towards larger tracks, and will probably have multiple peaks as the "hoaxers" pick their track sizes.

But that's getting ahead of ourselves. There's still the issue of 1) taking the time to learn about anatomy in general, and BF foot anatomy in particular (to get the details right) and 2) making sure that ALL the "good ol' boys" out whittling stompers know about that information AND rigorously incorporate it.

Again, logically, how many Joe and Bubba Sixpacks are going to bother with all that, either personally or a part of the requisite large hoaxing conspiricy?

They're not. Again, it's that simple.

I am one who thinks that tracks can't be hoaxed, not if you know anything about tracking! The first and last problem is stride. So, Joe, you gonna have a 17" foot? You know that needs to be a good 6 feet apart, right?

So for me, other than personal encounter, I would look at trackways, especially long ones as they can't be faked. The one in Minnesota last March is a great example- try as they might skeptics have come up with a lot of hair-brained explanations in a desperate attempt to say it ain't so, but none have been able to come up with an explanation not fit for ridicule. The problem is that you would need a super-human athlete to place the tracks in the foot-deep snow and do it for three miles.

If tracks are found in soft earth, you have a different problem, which is that a fake track will not show any of the information normally found in a track, like which way the creature is looking, how its shifting its stance, where the next track will be, the health and demeanor of the creature, etc (and yes all that information is in any bona-fide track...). Enlarged soles on someone's shoe does not transmit that, plus a foot in a shoe moves entirely different from one that is bare!

So tracks are excellent evidence to the trained tracker. IMO photos with at least 4 views are better than casts- casts destroy information and miss info that would be seen in a photo. The photos should not be taken between the hours of 10:AM and 2:PM as a high sun makes certain information harder to see.

One thing I find humorous is how hoaxers are trying to keep up with the body of knowledge so their hoaxes will be more convincing. IOW there is the real thing they are trying to imitate. To that end, the shin rise seen in certain films is something that cannot be imitated by humans monkey suit or no. IOW the PGF is real as it has that quality, as does the Minnesota Stillwater BF seen on FB/FB, the Pennsyvania White (enhanced version of that footage allows one to see the shin rise) and the Pennsylvania GoKart footage that showed up earlier this year (the last three are all on FB/FB).

SSR Team

As Mulder said, of course the best evidence and only evidence someone needs is his/her own encounter.

Mine specifically, then the subsequent understanding of what i saw led me to conclude that beyond all doubt, these Animals are real living, breathing " things ", and now i accept that beyond any doubt.

So the problem with that is that is, naturally, when a new BFRO Report, new Photo or Video for example comes in and i read, i initially see it not as a " possible " but just as somebody else who has seen one, until i break it down and if i start seeing some nonsense in them.

That's my initial thought on any new " evidence " that comes to light.

The London Tracks for example, some people would have the mindset that goes like " Let's see how they could be Sasquatch Tracks ".

I on the other hand just take them to be Sasquatch Tracks and would go backwards to them being faked/hoaxed.

Not sure of that's a good or bad way to look at " evidence " but it's how i do and that's because of my sighting obviously.