Another Scared Hunter.............

Guest Bill Lee

Guest Bill Lee

This report is from the GCBRO's sightings page. It amuses me when hunters see a bigfoot then vow to never go in the woods again. I wonder what his reaction would have been had he been a believer?

GCBRO Web Site On: August 1, 2012

DATE: November 18, 2011

TIME: Around Dusk

TERRAIN: National Forest

OBSERVED: I was bow hunting and was ready to climb down and heard a noise and figured it was a deer so I decided to stay because I had a light so I got really quiet and all of a sudden I heard a tree being broken and right away I knew it was not a noise I had heard in my twenty plus years of hunting so I decided not to move at all actually I could smell a scent that was unfamiliar to me right away something was strange then I got the feeling of being watched and felt like I was intruding on something that did not want me there and a tree begin to shake (a really big tree about six inches in diameter) then something came flying by me I think it was a rock then I looked in the direction the rock or what ever it was came from and was paralyzed with fear but never really felt threatened and everything was silent and there it was something standing upright and had hair hanging from it like a dog has hanging down from its belly and it took one step and made a sound I cant even describe and then the woods came back to life and I got my ass out of there and I have never been hunting again anywhere I sold all of my equipment and will never go back in the woods again if I do I will be heavily armed it was about one mile from my home I will not let outside without me or my wife out with them watching them we always have a fourty cal handgun were we can get to it very fast it has made my life miserable I wish I had never seen that **** thing it has ruined my life !

Edited by MikeG
...changed font colour. I couldn't read it!

Guest BFSleuth

I think two things are at play here: first, I think most people that go in the woods generally go with the idea in mind that humans are the apex predator, albeit with a healthy respect for predators like bears, cougars, and wolves. When confronted with an animal that is none of the above and certainly an apex predator that is capable of your personal demise in a manner which leaves you little say in the matter, that in itself is a personal paradigm shift with a heavy dose of fear.

Second, for people that either have no concept of BF or are active skeptics or skoftics, confronting a creature of legend would add another layer of unreality to the experience of a sighting. Even if a proponent or "believer" (I hate that term) becomes a witness, many have also reported a similar feeling of fear and PTSD.

The over riding issue really seems to come down to the sudden realization that there is something in the woods that is much more powerful, fast, stealthy, and deadly than you. In some encounters the BF is described as a malevolent entity, certainly in many cases the BF is actively trying to get you out of their territory and in a manner which leaves little doubt that you aren't welcome back.

Basically, it is all the monster movies you watched as a child wrapped up in reality... all at once.

Guest FightingFat

Are there any reports of BF attacking anyone? I mean a creature of that size and stature: it seems bizarre they aren't more aggressive. I am thinking of the Marble Mountain footage, where the guy filming says the BF is very angry, yet it stays away at the same time. Does this conflict with stories of rock—throwing and tent swatting?

^^ How about Missing 411?

A lot depends on the individual you are dealing with...

Are there any reports of BF attacking anyone? I mean a creature of that size and stature: it seems bizarre they aren't more aggressive. I am thinking of the Marble Mountain footage, where the guy filming says the BF is very angry, yet it stays away at the same time. Does this conflict with stories of rock—throwing and tent swatting?

Hey, welcome to the forum. Cool to have new people. I've read several reports of BFs attacking people that have shot them and they end up mauled in a royal fashion. They seem to bluff attack people that get too close to their dens and who have not harmed bigfoot. Go to BFRO and you can read many reports.

I think that the dynamic of being "alone" when you have your encounter has a more negative effect on a person than it would if you are with someone else or in a group. I was with my uncle during my encounter and I think that it had less of a negative effect on the both of us as we had each other to look to. Also after the encounter to have each other to talk and discuss what we went through together.

Plenty. Google "aggressive bigfoot" or 'bigfoot attack" or other permutation thereof.

Also consider these classics:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/creatures/chetco.htm

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/beck.htm

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/inyo_county.htm

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/human-bigfoot-war-oklahoma-1855/

Bigfoot are like any other apex predator, unpredictable and potentially dangerous at any time.

Fortunately, other than having a large rock thrown at my son and I while night fishing several years ago-which I think was more a young Bigfoot pranking around-I have never felt threatened on any close encounter with them. Having said that, I never go into their areas intending on doing anything harmful or disrespectful to their cause including messing with their food sources.

I liken it to someone coming in your house and taking your stuff and eating your food uninvited. I don't know of too many people that wouldn't upset a bit. The Bigfoot are no different. They live, eat and sleep in the woods. It is their home and they don't like strangers coming in and changing it.

I have seen them up close and they are very massive and powerful. I can only imagine how it would feel to someone who thinks they are along the same lines as Mother Goose and other fairy tales, then to see one standing there watching them up close and not too pleased. That could and does have life changing emotions from that point on. I'm thankful my experiences with them have all been good ones!!

Admin

The original report is one I linked to over on the Best Evidence thread. These for me are the ones that are really powerful. The hunters I know would only give up hunting if they were terrified of "something" out there. Not for any hoax, misidentification, or anything like that. It takes something very real and very frightening to run them out of the woods.

There are several threads on here that discuss BF aggression.

Guest BFSleuth

Excellent point, VAfooter... I'm trying to wrap my mind around any hunter I know that would be scared out of the woods forever after seeing into a bear... not going to happen. I would think the natural inclination as a hunter would be to categorize what is seen as a bear. Think about that for a second, they are in the woods with a gun in their hands and any large mammalian animal with dark brown or black hair is a (fill in the blank)... (bear). For them to see a NOT bear, but an upright bipedal human/gorilla like thing... says something about perception and lends credence to the report.

I just don't think a hunter would get spooked out of the woods by seeing a game animal.

I still like the one (wish I could find the link again) about the guy who almost got pulled out of his tree stand by one. He was so freaked that he wouldn't go out on his back porch unarmed. One time he got stalled in his driveway ~100 yds or so from his door (lived back off the road). He spent over an hour in his car frantically calling people to come give him a ride up to his house because he didn't want to leave the safety of the car.

Guest FightingFat
Plenty. Google "aggressive bigfoot" or 'bigfoot attack" or other permutation thereof. Also consider these classics: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/creatures/chetco.htm http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/beck.htm http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/inyo_county.htm http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/human-bigfoot-war-oklahoma-1855/ Bigfoot are like any other apex predator, unpredictable and potentially dangerous at any time.

Wow! That human—Big Foot war story is wild! There is a huge disparity with Big Foot behaviour today and those reports. Why the huge change?

I still like the one (wish I could find the link again) about the guy who almost got pulled out of his tree stand by one. He was so freaked that he wouldn't go out on his back porch unarmed. One time he got stalled in his driveway ~100 yds or so from his door (lived back off the road). He spent over an hour in his car frantically calling people to come give him a ride up to his house because he didn't want to leave the safety of the car.

I agree, these types of accounts are the most compelling for me as well. I was watching the footage on the "Best Evidence" thread where the guy sees something far off in the corn field, and thinking 'why don't you just run as fast as you can towards it?', but then I thought, if it really is a Big Foot and you're unarmed, you are going to be pretty scared and intimidated by whatever it is hiding there!

Wow! That human—Big Foot war story is wild! There is a huge disparity with Big Foot behaviour today and those reports. Why the huge change?

Is there a change in behavior or just a change in reporting? There used to be a site (now defunct) that had a HUGE database of sightings and reports, many of them violent in nature, that went all the way up until the 1970s at least.

Nontheless, on occasion very violent encounters do make it into circulation, such as the Siege at Honobia. I've personally corresponded with one of the principals involved in that one, and he is adamant that BF (at least in his part of the country [OK]) run the gamut from the "shy, retiring" type to those his personal experiences lead him to describe as simply "evil". He's on record that he NEVER trusts in the behavior of his "locals", and there are parts of the wilds in his neck of the woods he simply won't go without being well armed and with backup.