Another Scared Hunter.............

Guest Bill Lee

Guest BFSleuth

Reporting of sighting reports very well may have changed. For example the BFRO, based on their organizations stance about what BF is all about, may preclude investigation of violent attacks or "high strangeness".

However, my take on the more violent nature of reports from the 19th century versus today may be due to white settlers being a new experience for them. The settlers were first armed with muzzle loaders, a new thing in their experience. As expansion progressed and as weaponry advanced to repeating rifles I would imagine that as highly intelligent creatures they would begin to realize they are in a losing battle vis a vis this new threat. Before white settlers came they would have had a more dominant situation against Native Americans and their stone age weaponry, so probably had more equilibrium regarding the territory they could claim with intimidation and violent behavior. The NA's had a healthy respect for them. That would change dramatically as new people with a new attitude regarding the land and new advanced weaponry encroached on their traditional territory. By today I would think they have almost completely adjusted to this new paradigm and changed their behavior to survive and thrive.

Isn't adaptation the key to most/all species survival?

Your scenario makes sense.

Add in the disease factor and you've got a recipe for a reclusive population.

Guest JudasBeast

I read one not to long ago and I didn’t save it.

It involved a hunter and I think he was in a tree stand.

Anyway, one of these mean/scary BF creatures came out of the bush, saw the hunter and locked eyes with him.

What makes the story great is the way he describes what he sees.

He claims that the creature was grinning at him and not in a pleasant way. It was a look that says “you have no idea what’s about to happen to you“! While that was going on, he heard another BF coming up from the rear. He felt like they were setting him up for an ambush. He said he thought he was going to die.

If anyone knows it, please post the link…I don’t even remember if it was BFRO or something else.

I read one not to long ago and I didn’t save it.

It involved a hunter and I think he was in a tree stand.

Anyway, one of these mean/scary BF creatures came out of the bush, saw the hunter and locked eyes with him.

What makes the story great is the way he describes what he sees.

He claims that the creature was grinning at him and not in a pleasant way. It was a look that says “you have no idea what’s about to happen to you“! While that was going on, he heard another BF coming up from the rear. He felt like they were setting him up for an ambush. He said he thought he was going to die.

If anyone knows it, please post the link…I don’t even remember if it was BFRO or something else.

I remember a video interview with this same scenario, can't remember where I saw it though

I believe that the witness in the OP was scared so badly that he not only is afraid to go into the woods again, but has vowed to never use punctuation again as well.

ETA - I did see a (!) at the end. Apologies.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
ETA

A British Columbian Indian trapper was kidnapped by a BF and taken to a small tribe of them living up a creek canyon. While being in the presence of this wild group of primates, he managed to survive. He finally escaped and paddled his canoe many miles back to his village. He never left the village after this, and his hair turned white in a matter of months. I think Peter Burns researched this report.

This talk of a BF "grinning" and not in a nice way reminded me of this video, where a guy tells about an encounter while deer hunting where the two BF pursued him.

This is the video I remember seeing. **** scary encounter

I love that guy's story, and he seems believable in telling it, but I started to doubt him when he started telling about all the other times he has seen them. Plus, after an encounter like that, I would have never set foot in the woods again.

You expressed my thoughts. How could someone see BF so many times? The only answer is he spends lots of time in the woods where BFs are concentrated. Is he retired and hunts all the time?

Are there any reports of BF attacking anyone? I mean a creature of that size and stature: it seems bizarre they aren't more aggressive. I am thinking of the Marble Mountain footage, where the guy filming says the BF is very angry, yet it stays away at the same time. Does this conflict with stories of rock—throwing and tent swatting?

Here is a good site with all kinds of stories, it took me a while to read them (not just attacks, all kinds of stuff)

/www.lawnflowersjerkyandbigfoots.com/Pages/BigfootBehavior.aspx

A British Columbian Indian trapper was kidnapped by a BF and taken to a small tribe of them living up a creek canyon. While being in the presence of this wild group of primates, he managed to survive. He finally escaped and paddled his canoe many miles back to his village. He never left the village after this, and his hair turned white in a matter of months. I think Peter Burns researched this report.

I think you're talking about the story of Muchalat Harry

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

Go to the menu on the left, select "The Classics" and then you find a link on the next page

Edited by Paddyman