How'd They Get To Australia?

Guest toejam

Here's a map from Wikipedia (Sundaland article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundaland) to give a feel for the type of waters you'd have to cross to get to New Guinea/Australia when land was at it most extensive during the height of world glaciation. There are a lot of island waystops, but that's still alot of separate pieces of water you'd have to figure out how to get across.

Map_of_Sunda_and_Sahul.png

Healy and Cropper in The Yowie mentioned that some people survived for days clinging to ripped out trees washed out into the ocean during the 2004 tsunami.

We also have the example of Homo florensiensis on Flores island (the long E-W island just NW of the "T" in Timor above), and, possibly, 800,000 year old stone tools on the same island showing that something on the level of Homo erectus made it there, perhaps on boats. (On a side note: I think it's pretty **** cool that some kind of watercraft technology may be older than H. sapiens, even if it's no more than a few logs roped together.)

The Yowie, though, sounds alot more primitive than H. erectus and, like our Sasquatch, doesn't sound all that capable of building a raft.

Among swimming or hitching a ride on tsunami debris, we could also speculate that Australian Aborigines may have intentionally brought Yowies along when they boated to Sahul as pets, slaves, compatriots or something else. Given the hints that hominins like to hybridize a fair amount, the Yowies may have even been family relatives.

"They have been observed diving underwater for long distances, going after salmon in open water, swimming with seals, and boarded boats offshore."

BFSleuth, do you have any links to the 'boarded boats offshore' bit? I've never heard of that. It would be interesting to read about it.

Here's a map from Wikipedia (Sundaland article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundaland) to give a feel for the type of waters you'd have to cross to get to New Guinea/Australia when land was at it most extensive during the height of world glaciation.

Reposted image removed

Also, very easy to see (per this map) how " they " (hominids and /or/ if / sasquatch - like creatures, and humans) got to the current Indonesian / Malaysian islands and the Philippines, as well.

Edited by MikeG
......please do not re-post images

Guest BFSleuth

Download the Kindle app (left side of the Amazon page), then you can simply download and read the book from your computer. I did that recently to read another book and it's great!... and you can download it immediately.

Not here. I have Kindle, and can d/l the free books, but Amazon doesn't accept Chinese credit cards, and I don't have one from North America. Besides, being a foreigner in China, it's next to impossible to get a credit card anyways. I would have to have somebody email me the book (piracy, I know).

Edited by Chris

• 7 months later...

You guys have it all wrong Les HIddens found the nest structures in Far North Queensland, trust me. Les Hiddens my self are both mentioned in the Healy cropper book on Yowies, we have both discivered these bed structures, but I beat him to it. Lol

The little ones are known by various names. I prefer Junjuddis.

For Premium members, Neil Frost's thread on BFF1 is highly entertaining, detailing years of activity right outside his house.

Yes that's correct and not one bit of evidence to support his 300 odd encounters, funny that

Yowiie said:

“Les Hiddens my self are both mentioned in the Healy cropper book on Yowies, we have both discivered these bed structures, but I beat him to it. Lolâ€

Somehow I don’t think that you can be compared to him!

“I did not have anything to do with the episode filmed here in Australia, I would like to have been asked.â€

“Yes that's correct and not one bit of evidence to support his 300 odd encounters, funny thatâ€.

Evidence? Same could be said for every researcher and witness in North America.

Seems like someone is a bit egocentric (what’s when someone thinks that they are very important).

Strick said:

“I think it's a shame we don't get more Yowie stuff on the forum these days.â€

I wonder why?

“The main issue I have with the Cropper and Healy book concerns the provenance of the vast majority of the sightings listed - they emanate from just a couple of different sources and there are some question marks hovering over those sources, in my opinion.â€

Evidence? Seems like there are several hundred independent witnesses in the book to me!

SSR Team

Rhettman Mullis sighted one swimming between victoria and the olympic peninsula. The landing beach on the olympic peninsula supposedly has mounds where those who did not survive the swim were buried. Last I heard he's trying to get a dig going.

So he spotted Sasquatches swimming specifically from Victoria and knew what landing beach they'd arrive on, on the Olympic Peninsula, and they are the same beaches that they bury their dead as they fortunately got washed up there too ?

Or it his documented clearer somewhere else ?

15 miles an easy swim!!!!!!!!! OK, I know the USA wins everything in the Olympic pool, but even your best swimmers would think a while before tackling a 15 mile open-water swim surrounded by jellyfish and sharks.

There are a number of sightings of bigfoot swimming in open water, like this one off the coast of Oregon, swimming with seals. I can't find the reference but there was a sighting from a ferry where several passengers saw a BF swimming from the Olympic Peninsula to Whidbey Island, a distance of several miles in very strong currents. Other sightings up in the channel islands off the coast of BC have also been reported.

Regarding the danger of sharks... well, maybe the BF go out there "trolling" for sharks... :D

Read Alley's Raincoast Sasquatch. A number of sightings have occurred well off the northwest coast of NA. There's ample evidence of shellfish feeding among these animals. I don't think that any of the US swimmers who tear up the pool against other sapiens would stay anywhere near a sasquatch for long.

Edited by DWA

...and if we don't think the answer to that question has relevance to sasquatch, we aren't thinking about this enough.

The fossil record would be a good place to start when discussing New World monkeys - sadly it's not helpful when considering yowie or bigfoot. I know some members point to native legends as proof in existence of bigfoot -what do the aboriginal stories say about where the yowie originated?

OK, give us a learned discussion of the fossil record and what it says, conclusively, about how New World monkeys got there. Oh wait. Might have something to do with the higher hominoids that have been seen there, by scientists among other reliable observers.

(And science only revises its "conclusions" about how humans got to the New World every five days, on average. And still hasn't explained why NA seems to have stopped at prosimians.)