Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

Awesome Lance - thanks!

Yeah, I have a lot of connections with people on the research team. One of my closest buds was one of 2 or 3 people working Special Ops-like in the months before the announcement to try to get better evidence than the Luneau Video. (He didn't.) It's been really odd for me to watch this unfold because I am a Cornell alum and I know so many people on the team, but I also work with Jerry Jackson and have spent a lot of time with him.

Over the years I've gone from elation at the news of the rediscovery to kind of a quiet resolve that the evidence put forth for the bird's persistence was compelling, but never conclusive. Bigfoot parallels abound . . .

I research in that area sometimes. I recall a couple years ago their were fliers posted in WMA camp grounds encouraging people to report IBW's if sighted.

It also appears LA has an interesting permit available, but with no published details on the fee.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/permits

Potentially Dangerous Wild Quadruped and Non-human Primate Permit

Would this be for escaped apes from zoo's?

Guest BFSleuth

I notice the fee is free, did you contact the person listed about information?

There was this one guy there who had some very grainy IBWO blob video. He didn't want to share it in the main conference room, he had his laptop set up in our office, he must of known he would of gotten eaten alive trying to present that grainy footage. I saw it and was not convinced. So definitely parallels with bigfoot.

Blobsquatchs and blobbirds, definitely parallels the experiences we have. I suppose this begs the question then why can't they get decent images of the bird? My guess is inadequate camera and lens and likely too short an amount of time to get "the shot".

My guess is inadequate camera and lens and likely too short an amount of time to get "the shot".

. . . Or, not any Ivorybills left to be photographed. In this case, there's a similar-looking species that uses the same habitats - Pileated Woodpecker. The photos need to be good enough to ensure that they don't depict Pileateds. Grainy photos then become interesting - if you can't tell for sure, maybe it's an Ivorybill!

Wow the only difference in the Ivorybilled seems to be the beak? We seemed to have lots of Pileated round the mid atlantic.

No, looking at it closer, it does have some different plumage. To me the Ivorybilled is a much prettier bird though

Edited by will

Guest thermalman

I'm sure the heading on this post is "Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence", just for curiosity, what does a discussion on the Ivory-bill have anything to do with the topic of BF? :huh: Just wondering?

Edited by thermalman

As I look at it, Bigfoot might be on the cusp of real research. The same as the Ivory Billed back in the 30's. Then decades have to pass and like the Ivory Billed needs to become the poster child for forest conservation/management and have the sympathy of so many scientists for a species on the brink. Then in approx 70 years, Bigfoot will have the hearts of so many scientists and one will be spotted by someone very connected and then the search will begin, funding will start to flow and capture the hearts of the masses, make the town where it was spotted the bigfoot trinket capital then after an exhaustive search and hundreds of papers, it is not found and then when I am about 110 I will find Bigfoot Forums 25.0 and I will hope my post count will have hit 75 by then so I can join the premium section. All JMHO

Guest Roberty-Bob

"Ghost Bird" is available on Netflix Instant for those interested. I know what I'll be watching tomorrow during lunch! Thanks for the heads-up on it Sas.

I'm sure the heading on this post is "Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence", just for curiosity, what does a discussion on the Ivory-bill have anything to do with the topic of BF? :huh: Just wondering?

I don't mean to be rude, but I take it you didn't actually read any of the posts?

Seems like not only the BF world has its share of drama!

The bigfoot/Ivorybill parallels are legion, Sleuth. . .

So definitely parallels with bigfoot.

Over the years I've gone from elation at the news of the rediscovery to kind of a quiet resolve that the evidence put forth for the bird's persistence was compelling, but never conclusive. Bigfoot parallels abound . . .

Grainy photos then become interesting - if you can't tell for sure, maybe it's an Ivorybill!

I notice the fee is free, did you contact the person listed about information?

No I didn't, Since I'm not intent on taking a specimen, I can get the general access permit, then carry a camera.

I research in that area sometimes. I recall a couple years ago their were fliers posted in WMA camp grounds encouraging people to report IBW's if sighted.

It also appears LA has an interesting permit available, but with no published details on the fee.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/permits

Would this be for escaped apes from zoo's?

I remember back in the 1970's, outside of town (Dallas) there was an "African Safari" type of wildlife park where you could drive your car through enclosed areas that included primates such as baboons. There was a similar park located between Dallas and Ft. Worth.

I remember either a rumor or newspaper story that stated a few baboons had escaped the compound of the wildlife park. The park later closed. The park in the mid-cities area eventually closed because of springtime flooding.

I often wondered if escaped primates from such parks could survive in the wild. It appears that Florida has colonies of wild monkeys, either escapees or let loose pets.

Perhaps Louisiana has problems of its own of similar origin. Or do you see this as a reference to anomalous apes of the bipedal persuasion?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BFSleuth

As a follow up to the discussion of why there is no great video or photographic evidence of bigfoot, I've stated a few times that the dedication of wildlife videographers is what is really necessary to get that footage. HOLDMYBEER started a phenomenal thread discussing the amazing dedication and sacrifices of Sooyong Park, a Korean man that spent months at a time over the course of years in order to become the first person to get incredible high quality video of Siberian tigers in the wild.

I watched the PBS documentary and was blown away. He had a support staff that would come and give him food supplies and take away his waste (he packed his feces in plastic bags to eliminate scent). He spent up to 7 months at a time in hides, a hole in the ground with a cover on the top, a tree stand with a tent, or in a tent on the edge of a cliff overlooking the shores of the Pacific. He endured very cold and difficult conditions in complete solitude. He used camera traps and a high quality video camera with very good telephoto lens. He even had tigers on top of his hole in the ground hide that broke through the wood planking, with a tiger leg coming down on him!

Amazing story of dedication that resulted in wild tiger behavior over the course of three generations being documented on film.

Now, if anyone has that kind of dedication to go live in hides in key areas they might have a chance to get some extended footage of BF. That kind of footage isn't captured by folks noisily tramping about the woods with a cheap video camera or cell phone while yakking away for their YouTube channel. None of the tiger footage needs red circles and arrows to pick out blobtigers in the trees.

I'll be hoisting a bottle of soju to Mr. Park's honor tonight.

Why would they NEED that kind of dedication? Bigfoot aren't hiding from Sasfooty, Toejam, Enoch, Janice Carter, etc. They are coming to their homes and their research areas in droves and taking food, throwing unseen rocks, breaking dead wood, making birdcalls, walking over dead leaves, etc. What other explanation could it be? Was it Moneymaker, Mulder, or someone else that said bigfoot is tame as a house cat and twice as curious? No matter, we have plenty of evidence in just the eyewitness statements alone - we probably have 5000 encounters just from Sasfooty, Toejam, Enoch, and Janice Carter. If you really insist on more evidence just check out the threads on paranormal bigfoot, infrasound, bigfoot as ghosts/spirits, and the like. Why bring a camera into this and make the sensitive bigfooted creatures nervous and uneasy? That kind of evidence would just make it easier for hoaxers to hoax our top researchers anyway, I will have to respectfully disagree with you about this video footage idea.