Speculating Sasquatch Intelligence And Behavioural Reasoning

BobbyO

Guest poignant

When we enter the forest, is it not always on their terms, i.e. them perceiving us before we them.

If so, I guess the trick is to make oneself as un-obnoxious as possible. Agreed?

Guest BFSleuth

^ True that!

... and being unobservable. Which is why some of the most detailed, lengthy, and fascinating Class A sighting reports seem to be hunters that are in a tree blind or otherwise sitting and waiting for game and in camo.

SSR Team

I'll just point out that high intelligence is not necessary to have excellent hiding abilities.

You're not wrong G but............... Specifically where this Animal is concerned, a living breathing Animal, it must surely be considered to be highly intelligent by the way it has continually evaded Human efforts to capture it's existence via what only can be assumed as excellent hiding abilities no ? No matter how minimal they may actually be in the grand scheme of things ?

Especially when if we are to agree that the Animal is around the 7ft - 8ft mark as an Adult, walks and runs on two legs and is covered in hair, that's a pretty distinctive description to a Human Being and one that would be pretty tough not to see if it was a regular Animal that just wandered around.

Assuming that bigfoot is a real and purely biological creature, it would most likely have an intelligence level between that of the higher intelligence apes and human beings. If they were as smart as humans, they would have a history of more advanced and more common tool usage in sightings and would have competed with humans in ancient times.

SSR Team

I'm with you BFS, maybe they didn't need to add tools and fire to their arsenal, as their arsenal was capable and working just fine without them.

If necessity is the mother of invention, then it may be that BF never felt the need for fire or tool use in the same manner as HSS did. It may be that they did either compete or cooperate with HSS in the past.

The story at the link Kronprinz provided in that thread, "Furry fellows in the mirror of fantasy" is an outstanding read.

Amazing how many attributes are ascribed to their version of BF as have been here not only from Native Americans and others in past tales but to present day sightings. As an example how they don't run from you, but only step away, or will stand stock still.

When we enter the forest, is it not always on their terms, i.e. them perceiving us before we them.

If so, I guess the trick is to make oneself as un-obnoxious as possible. Agreed?

Well sometimes encounters don't occur in the woods. One experience I had was on a forest service road. We broadcasted calls and had a visitor do what I'd call a "walk by" at close range. It was like it said ,yes we are here, but we're not letting you see us. I had video rolling the whole time and repeatedly scanned the tree line next to the road. Later when I reviewed the tape, I realized there was a dark shadow protruding from behind a tree which was in the shape of a shoulder and upper arm. It was stationary for over an hour, then vanished while we were distracted by the walker.

If that was a bigfoot or two, One could interpret the events as though we were being polite and knocked on their door before entering their home. It's all in how you want to look at it in whether you are trying to trick them into showing themselves or to engage them in a more fair way in which they maintain control of the situation by investigating you on their terms.

There are accounts of that distraction tactic, where one may be exposed but stark still and won't move until they can draw your attention away. That's some intelligent stuff right there.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Edit : Sorry, i have no clue what's happened to the quoting colour at the bottom.

A friend of mine pointed me towards this today, it immediately struck a nerve with me.

Clicking and popping in languages from our early ancestors ?

Then we have this ?

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=22910

A couple minutes later we heard what sounded like chattering or popping sounds from the center point and then the same sounds coming from our left.

http://www.bfro.net/...icle.asp?id=240

"It was making these little noises," he continued. "I couldn't hear it until he came within 15 yards -kind of a popping sound, but kind of nasal and muffled."

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=24131

I heard a popping/cracking sound before the sighting.

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=19836

I heard some sort of popping sound like the trunk of a tree being hit with something solid or two 2x4s being smacked together and a few growls (kinda like a lion but higher pitched, kinda like a stomach growling)... I still didn't really pay any attention. I dismissed the popping as trees cracking and the growling to Petes stomach or a low volume snore

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=6864

I was sitting in my camp chair and I heard some 'clicking' sounds about 100 feet back into the forest. It almost sounded like two rocks being hit together, or perhaps the sound of someone pounding in a tent peg. I went back reading and almost a half an hour later, the clicking was still going on. I decided to venture back into the woods (with bear spray in hand) to see where it was coming from. As soon as I reached the beginning of the deer trail, it stopped. I know it sounds like a cliché, but I really understand now what people are saying when they feel like they are being watched. The hairs on my arms and neck were standing on end and it was about this time I was really wishing I had not stayed behind. I went back over to my chair and sat down. I thought if I put the radio on, it would get my mind off of this stuff for awhile. I checked the cast and it was still tacky. Although my research tells me that these animals try to avoid humans as much as possible (as do bears), I was really starting to get scared. I got my book and I sat in my car for awhile and blasted the heat. Once in a while, I would get out of the car and check the cast. The clicking was still there.

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=1453

I was able to locate the direction of the sound to be on the ridge bordering the State Land and the Clubs property. I turned my attention to that area, trying to scope the ridge and hillside for the source of the clicking sounds. Finding nothing up there moving and still hearing the clicking, I decided to leave and scout another location.

Edited by BobbyO

Guest BFSleuth

BobbyO, your PM inbox might be full. I tried to send you a PM. I cleaned up the background black in the BFRO quotes so it is easier to read.

Very interesting observations from the sighting reports and how the clicking sounds might be a part of their language. Makes me think about the hunter with the long time observation of a BF that emitted some kind of metallic sound.

Hunter remembers his lengthy daylight sighting through binoculars near Dora

"...the bigfoot looked that way and stood up and made a return sound that almost sounded like too pieces of hard steel rod banged together. Kind of a ping sound and it walked that way."

BobbyO, this is awesome and I really think there might be something to this. Like you indicated in your post a lot of reports mention BF using click sounds.

I never understood why everyone thinks BF vocalisations sound Asian, while overlooking the possible link to the African Khoisan 'click' languages. Possibly the oldest languages in human history.

Remember this interview by RL with Richard Substad? (I suppose I'm not allowed to link to it), oktober 1, 2011.

Quote:

"Richard Stubstad recently released some new evidence on his blog site regarding a 3rd MtDNA sequence from Dr. Melba Ketchum’s DNA project. This sequence is quite a bit different from the other sequences.

Richard Stubstad: This sample may reflect the original sasquatch female going back to southern Africa some 60,000 YBP – the sasquatch Mitochondrial Eve as it were.

Robert Lindsay: Is the sequence related to any human sequences?

Richard Stubstad Yes, it is related to the oldest known branch of the Khoisan people of southwestern Africa, who are the most ancient people on Earth by DNA, and it’s from a specific lineage of them called L1Aa2. The Khoisan are also called Bushmen or Hottentots. These are the oldest humans that we have been able to trace by DNA, with the L1a2 branch being the most ancient of all of them. The L1a branch represents one of the two oldest living humans after the chimp-human split long before."

It's a rather long interview so these are only snippets.

Then there's "circumstancial evidence" like the unknown dna that was found recently: DNA hints at African cousin to humans , (discussed in this thread: Unknown Dna, proofs species? ). Both the Hadzabe and Sandawe in which this dna was found speak click languages (although unrelated to th Khoisan language). Now the Hadzabe have this surprising oral history, which looks like an accurate description of Sasquatch:

"in the beginning of time the world was inhabited by hairy giants called the Akakaanebe or Gelanebe "ancestors". The Akakaanebe did not possess tools or fire; they hunted game by staring at it and it fell dead; they ate the meat raw. They did not build houses but slept under trees, as the Hadza do today in the dry season."

I know, it probably is all nonsense and it doesn't prove anything, but it's fun trying to connect a few dots isn't it?