Speculating Sasquatch Intelligence And Behavioural Reasoning

BobbyO

SSR Team

I know, it probably is all nonsense and it doesn't prove anything, but it's fun trying to connect a few dots isn't it?

It is Didi, it sure is.

Thanks for posting that, i don't really keep up with the DNA stuff so that was new to me and incredibly interesting.

Excuse my ignorance but are those Namibians in the YT Video i posted those people you talk about ?

BFF Patron
..."in the beginning of time the world was inhabited by hairy giants called the Akakaanebe or Gelanebe "ancestors". The Akakaanebe did not possess tools or fire; they hunted game by staring at it and it fell dead; they ate the meat raw. They did not build houses but slept under trees, as the Hadza do today in the dry season."

A good reason to maybe use peripheral vision in close Sasquatch encounters perhaps? [Assuming the stare doesn't have an infrasonic stun quality to it.]

Edited by bipedalist

SSR Team

Don't Tigers do the same thing B, sort of ? ;)

Deer that I have seen killed and left behind , have had ther necks broken and the rear legs ripped right off the carcass. Now this does not sound like a stare down. Another thing that I have notice are stones of a sizables size laying in fields where corn and other edibles have been planted. Now this is just speculation on my part but I am betting that these creatures use these rocks to stun their pray to give them time to kill. Why not think about this and question it .

You are always hear on how people are having rocks being thrown at them right! Now would that not be the most primitive way of hunting by a primatial primate. If you place modern man with no tools and no knowledge of making tools would he not figure out that a good size stick or rock would a good way of stunning a small critter ,besides wasting time chasing it. Again speculating. Finding shelter would not be a concern until the time came for it right! So what would make these creatures so different then modern man who has no knowledge of living in the wild. We learned and adapted and so did these creatures. The only difference is that these creatures stayed primal and learned to adapt to their environment . If we could we would still be eating raw meat ourselves but our paths changed and our life style adapted differently compared to theirs. Again speculating with some observation .

Since the OP calls for speculating, how about.

1. They vary from almost total Saquatch to partly human depending on genetic breeding. That would account for the differing behavior and appearance between individuals and groups.

2. They have hands that aren't well suited for tool making. The thumb is set back too far to handle smaller objects such as needles and awls.

3. They have varying degrees of vocal/communication ability depending on breeding.

4. At some point they decided they would not win in a struggle with our technology and numbers. They chose to stay off the grid and avoid us as a survival strategy.

5. Some populations are badly inbred.

6. Their intellegence/problem solving skills would need to be similar to ours to be as successful at avoiding us.

7. They must dispose of their dead or the TBRC folks would be stumbling all over their remains.

8. They are emerging from the deepest wlderness area and some are taking up houskeeping closer to civilisation. Probably for various reasons, but finding food on a regular basis during the late winter would probably be up there.

9. Because they are in essence the ultimate "Hippy", they would view our behavior, as concerns nature, in a very troubling light. I suspect that is the fundamental gulf between us.

Those are just some WAG's that I hold as of now anyway.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Some good WAG's there Indie that i completely agree with..

Guest thermalman

They seem smart enough to stay off highways, in light of what just happened with the guy in the ghillie suit pretending to be a BF. :( Makes you wonder who the intelligent species is?

Edited by thermalman

Indie,

Thanks for the outstanding list.

The inbreeding concerns me the most about them and I hate to think what has already happened. I've seen pics of footprints with 6 toes, 3 toes and very strangely shaped deformed feet.

When inbreeding happens in species like canines there are some very strange characteristics. My bassett hound female was totally "nutz" and we found out later that she was inbred. She was stunning as far as her markings go but had not one bit of instinctual behavior that you might expect from a dog. I loved her anyway but had to give her to a family with a fenced yard. She would not have survived in the country. Their mental abilities would be affected from inbreeding I suppose.

The hairy people have figured out ways to get what they need and also to raise their kids. They DO for a fact recognize people that visit their home from time to time. We took pictures of each other at the gifting spot and hubby and I were close up in the shot. However, back on the road about 100 ft there was a small monkey looking figure watching us. It's in the shot and we're pretty sure it's not a dog.

I would speculate that they have tremendous tracking skills. They are experts as distractions and throwing their voice. Well, at least some are, I don't know if that is a common talent but I was a witness to it. All I can say is Wow wow wow. If it ever happens to you, you will be stunned.

I speculate that from time to time they might keep pets. Why, I don't know but maybe because they've watched us.

They are good at swimming. A friend took some pics in a shallow culvert near her house and there they were. Not rats or other critters, it was a small group of little ones.

BFF Patron
....They are experts as distractions and throwing their voice. Well, at least some are, I don't know if that is a common talent but I was a witness to it. All I can say is Wow wow wow. If it ever happens to you, you will be stunned.

Yes, stunningly so, this is what makes me know that they possess uncommon intelligence and are not a throwback great ape or lesser proto-hominid (anything but).

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron
....I never understood why everyone thinks BF vocalisations sound Asian, while overlooking the possible link to the African Khoisan 'click' languages. Possibly the oldest languages in human history.

Actually, member Indiefoot and myself have privately discussed the click languages and also should have mentioned it on numerous BFF1.0 and 2.0 threads that involve searches for speech, voice, speaking, language, sounds, etc.

I have also been lucky enough to experience what I think to be both "chatter" and "clicks" in my recording efforts. Nothing to hang my hat on, but personal proof. So it not a case of one or the other, but both as much of life truly is.

Wish I could direct you to one (thread) but you'd have as good of a chance as me in finding one.

Edited by bipedalist

I have also been lucky enough to experience what I think to be both "chatter" and "clicks" in my recording efforts. Nothing to hang my hat on, but personal proof. So it not a case of one or the other, but both as much of life truly is.

Bipedalism

By clicks do you mean clicking sounds, if you mean this then it may be possible that the clicks could be done by deer. But these guys do mimic a lot of animals,whether they do it to get in close to certain creatures of the forest or they do to hide their presences when they are amongst us. There have been times that i really thought these creatures were near me watching me and not other forest animals.

BFF Patron

Yes, sequenced clicks, prob. not deer due to cadence involved. I didn't get the impression in the cases I've heard that they were imitating anything else but using a formal and specialized modality that they have for whatever reason be it anxiety-reduction, breathing, communication, echolocation, etc. If the tocks and pops heard are also associated with the clicks it may all be an oral-motor method they use for whatever purpose. I keep referring back to a Class B by a set of Canadian campers in Algonquin Park (unlisted private communication) when they were surrounded by these clicks from cover..... while trying to set up camp, it was odd and in retrospect they were fairly oblivious to what could be happening until after the fact. Sure it could have been a raccoon maybe but they seemed to be hearing movements and sounds from several differing directions moving around them.

I do think raccoons can also make some wide-variety of sounds that can be misinterpreted such as grunts and growls and yes clicks. And agree that context is what is needed to discern differences unless you can make the visual. It helps to hear or record multiple examples over an extended period of time too. Also, Sasquatch patiently observe humans for extended periods oftentimes (They can benefit from cover and an observation platform when they do this but cover is not always required if it is night and they have wooded escape routes I've learned.) It was actually such an observation event that keyed me into a strategy that led to a sighting in fact. They do seem to be in some ways emboldened by the night and also seem oblivious to the capacities of a dark adapted human as mentioned in another thread by Hairy Man--or they frankly don't give a crap).

Edited by bipedalist

Bf do howls, tree knocks, and make wood structures because they have to live and communicate with other Bf. They don't exist in a constant effort to hide from man. I think it is wrong to suppose that Bf are constantly trying to hide from us and that their howls, tree knocking, and wood structures take away from that ability. Most all wild animals have some fear of man, but that doesn't stop them from communicating, breeding, and living.