Operation Persistence

Right. The funny thing is, the stuff that puts dmaker in a bad mood gives me a hearty laugh. Then it's back to the topic. Which one understands when one doesn't run on belief, and find one's head getting turned every which way by every silly sideshow.

Well then what will happen if you wound it, and not kill it? Will it retaliate for being shot? Will the family members come to the rescue? Will a couple of hairy kids raise a ruckus? Will they need to be disposed of as well? What happens if you are outnumbered? Etc., etc., etc..............

I've seen what they do to deer. I've heard how they have "taken care of" mouthy dogs. I've heard a huge tree crash just because we got too close. I've been growled at and hope I don't have that happen again. I've been roared at for "who knows what" except for the doe and fawn that passed in front of us????

Just curious to know what your plans include for all the "what if's?"

Guest Cervelo

I've either moved towards or charged every unknown I've come across (6).

So far all but two were identified and I heard nothing move away, so I'll chalk those up to imagination.

As far as hunting them....if they are as smart as some think you may never get the shot.

If they are as dumb as the ones Bip and crew are dealing with, it's hard to believe they haven't had the opportunity.

Your only going to get so many chances with any quarry before your intent is exposed.

IMO,

Three man/woman team, one is the shooter, the other two have his/her back.

Get the shot, document as much as possible,

harvest significant part, defend as needed to exit.

Come back later with overwhelming forces and recover remains if possible.

Sounds simple but I know all to well how hard any hunt can be!

But keep at it Bip hoping it happens!

As far as hunting them....if they are as smart as some think you may never get the shot.

They're smart, but so are people and gorillas and chimps, etc. They've all been shot and killed on occasion. "Some people" ascribe nearly superhuman powers to these things, but they're just animals. Like us all.

If they are as dumb as the ones Bip and crew are dealing with, it's hard to believe they haven't had the opportunity.

I'm sure we're not trying hard enough. Slackers, most of us... ;)

Your only going to get so many chances with any quarry before your intent is exposed.

You would think (and I would have thought, too), but our intentions should be pretty evident to them by now and yet they still interact with us.

Get the shot, document as much as possible,

harvest significant part, defend as needed to exit.

Come back later with overwhelming forces and recover remains if possible.

That's one scenario, yes.

Guest Cervelo

Nope don't think/or say you guys are slacking at all..your one of the few that I take seriously :)

Might be a little sensitive LOL!

I find it very odd that they keep returning to a hostile location, they are either really dumb or just toying with you IMO.

The latter I would find very disturbing, it would be interesting to switch it up and go all "peace offering" maybe even borderline capitulate somewhat and see if you could pull off an ambush.

Edited by Cervelo

Wouldn't it be true to say that they live in the territory which has become hostile to them and the humans keep returning to plague them? And if they do come to where the pesky humans are, it's likely to keep an eye on them regardless of the potential cost?

If I had a hostile force invading my home area, I'd want to know what you were all up to at all times if possible.

Well then what will happen if you wound it, and not kill it? Will it retaliate for being shot? Will the family members come to the rescue? Will a couple of hairy kids raise a ruckus? Will they need to be disposed of as well? What happens if you are outnumbered? Etc., etc., etc..............

I've seen what they do to deer. I've heard how they have "taken care of" mouthy dogs. I've heard a huge tree crash just because we got too close. I've been growled at and hope I don't have that happen again. I've been roared at for "who knows what" except for the doe and fawn that passed in front of us????

Just curious to know what your plans include for all the "what if's?"

1) As any good hunter would do? You would blood trail it and put it out of it's misery.

2) If it doesn't try it's will to live is akin to a feinting goat.......yah, I would suspect it will try to take your head off. The key is? Don't go out there under gunned. If you select a caliber that stops charging rhino's on the Serengeti? You like yourself intact......alot.

3/6) They better not.....otherwise repeat as necessary.

4/5) They will probably have a vapor trail behind their butts. And I'm one and done, unless Bigfoot Army wants a chunk of me.

Go to Cabelas when you get a chance and stare at the giant creatures that have been felled by a rifle and a steely eyed hunter. An Elephant charge is nothing less than facing a fast moving bull dozer. If you climb a tree? They rip it out of the ground and crush you. If you jump in your land rover, they roll it over and over and crush you. If you try and crawl into a burrow? They use their trunk to fish you out and crush you. The rifle you use to hunt Elephant will dislocate your shoulder, give you a bloody nose and rupture your ear drums.

700-ne-cartridge.jpg

US Military M16 5.56mm round top and the .700 nitro express round at bottom. It's a real T. Rex killer.......

Guns are like frying pans, they make every size to fit your needs. :)

Irish? Preach it brother!

Guest Cervelo

Wouldn't it be true to say that they live in the territory which has become hostile to them and the humans keep returning to plague them? And if they do come to where the pesky humans are, it's likely to keep an eye on them regardless of the potential cost?

If I had a hostile force invading my home area, I'd want to know what you were all up to at all times if possible.

Sure...but I would not engage the intruders.

With the supposed capacities of Bigfoot they are only seen because they choose to be seen.

That's what makes this situation so odd IMO.

With the supposed capacities of Bigfoot they are only seen because they choose to be seen.

From my read - and I read a lot - 98.4%, rough estimate, of sasquatch sightings are of an animal that didn't intend to be seen. Which is pretty much the case with all wild animals. It's our refusal to believe people who see them that is the problem.

"believing" someone is not scientific DWA. You just shot your wad. Not that you haven't many times in the past. But this time it was so perfectly counter to your claims of scientific adherence that I thought it warranted mention. Not "believing" someone when they tell a BF story is just silly. So is believing them. The only logical response is to with-hold final judgment and say, "I don't know what you saw. Maybe it was a BF, maybe it wasn't."

Guest Cervelo

From my read - and I read a lot - 98.4%, rough estimate, of sasquatch sightings are of an animal that didn't intend to be seen. Which is pretty much the case with all wild animals. It's our refusal to believe people who see them that is the problem.

Well it sounds like you need to do some more reading up on known animal behavior as opposed to attributing behavior to an unproven, undocumented, hominid.....learn what's really out there first then you can graduate to regurgitating the extensive blather of "evidence" you hold in such high regard ;)

"believing" someone is not scientific

No, but looking at the investigated encounter reports in aggregate and seeing the internal consistencies among them is. There's nothing at all unscientific about analyzing reports of activity — of any kind, not just in bigfoot research. And when you actually interview someone who's had an encounter, you are performing an act that's not unlike what many different kinds of scientists do.

Odd, yes, but most of our sightings have been, we believe, as a result of the wood ape making a mistake. Either it not knowing we were in a position to see them or it inaccurately predicting our behavior. In nearly every case, once seen, they flee. But not always. I can think of one encounter where the animal chose to be seen. But only that one.

I like to describe them as "furtive." They don't like to be seen, but they're also drawn to us for some reason. If they were shy or afraid of humans (as the commonly held perception suggests), they'd presumably just go into the next valley over and leave us along. But they don't. They stick around. Some of them often appear insatiably curious about us.

Edited by bipto

Guest Cervelo

^^^^

That's the part that I would find unnerving yet fascinating at the same time!!

Edited by Cervelo

Well it sounds like you need to do some more reading up on known animal behavior as opposed to attributing behavior to an unproven, undocumented, hominid.....learn what's really out there first then you can graduate to regurgitating the extensive blather of "evidence" you hold in such high regard ;)

No, actually, you need to do the reading up, because you just contradicted pretty much all the evidence. These guys are, in very basic ways, just like other animals. Pretty much like known apes, in fact. You can start getting edgeumacated any time you wish.

"believing" someone is not scientific DWA. You just shot your wad. Not that you haven't many times in the past. But this time it was so perfectly counter to your claims of scientific adherence that I thought it warranted mention. Not "believing" someone when they tell a BF story is just silly. So is believing them. The only logical response is to with-hold final judgment and say, "I don't know what you saw. Maybe it was a BF, maybe it wasn't."

The only reason I don't disregard you entirely is all the kids reading this who need to know how to think about stuff like adults. But bipto answered you pretty well.