Operation Persistence

They will use the 'debris rain' event on top of your tent too when you least expect it. So, it's not reserved for cabins, trailers, houses and RV's. Why not get out and about and see if you can document and strategize on capitalizing on that element too? Just a suggestion.

Hi bipedalist - I think your suggestion was in response to my post? I am in the UK. When circumstances allow I certainly intend to come over and try...in the meantime the BFF will have to suffice!

Rock tossing is classic ape behavior. Chimps will throw them back and forth at each other.

And now we throw INSULTS back & forth over the internet. So much for evo-f***ing-lution....

;)

@Bipto

I hate to sound like a broken record, but could you possibly provide a clip of the vocalizations in their original non-MP3 format. I tried using Episode 26, but the variable bit rate causes some wierd artifacts. Having 100% of the recorded information would be tremendously helpful. Please, I am SUPER anxious to work on those audio clips.

Bipto, Regarding the audio with the "get back" on it, I was wondering if your team was ever in a situation were someone yelled "get back" to either the other team members or the Sasquach? If someone yelled "get back" to the rest of the team and then everyone got back, they could have picked up on this phrase and used it hopeing to get rid of you. Likewise if someone said it to the sasquach they could have picked up on their tone and context and inferred its meaning.

Our investigators had taken up a high position near a cabin. They could were talking to each other and listening and watching for activity. They could hear occasional noises, but never saw an animal. They may have heard the long, drawn out sound at the beginning of the clip, but they didn't hear the chatter.

There is much recorded of our investigators talking, but nobody said anything about getting away. We wanted them to come closer.

Were any members of your party armed at the time this recording was made?

...I was wondering if your team was ever in a situation were someone yelled "get back" to either the other team members or the Sasquach?

I'm not going to say nobody in the group every said "get back" to another member, but I can say with some degree of certainty that nobody ever said it to an ape. Not once.

Were any members of your party armed at the time this recording was made?

Of course. As I've said many time, everyone is armed for personal protection when down there. In addition, there were at least two other members present armed sufficiently to collect a specimen.

I am wondering if you considered the possibility that a hoaxer thought members of his group were getting too close to your armed presence and called out for them to back away.

How far can that recorder pick up human voices?

I am wondering if you considered the possibility that a hoaxer thought members of his group were getting too close to your armed presence and called out for them to back away.

Our guys were stationary. Also, there are no hoaxers.

How far can that recorder pick up human voices?

Listen to the last Bigfootshow, there is a long discussion about how it is not really possible for there to be hoaxers, if you want in-depth info.

Of course. As I've said many time, everyone is armed for personal protection when down there. In addition, there were at least two other members present armed sufficiently to collect a specimen.

Brian,

Just to be clear on your above quote, and the intentions and goals of this continuing operation... in addition to being armed sufficiently to protect one's selves while learning and researching (which i can fully understand), there Are several TBRC members bent on wasting one of these creatures with the said firearms, if the opportunity arises? Do All participating in this operation.. agree, if that is one of the objectives (to harvest a specimen) ? Thanks in advance, for answering honestly.

Edited by imonacan

There are TBRC members intent on collecting a specimen, yes. There's no litmus test with regard to this within the group, but the overwhelming majority of members (perhaps all) think the best and most productive next step in the study of this species and the conservation of their habitat is the presentation of a voucher specimen. All members present know this is a possibility whether or not they personally are prepared to take such an action.

Will only hope you are all prepared, for whatever comes next.. if those members do succeed. IMHO, you are up against something that will make this task a daunting one, especially noting the individuals that have shot before, and carrying for that purpose. Makes me wonder (as another so-called researcher) if this will get in the way of the learning and study process, of live specimens.

edited to make word, plural

Edited by imonacan