Operation Persistence

To outsiders with a passing interest like me, it seems that a lot of folks out there in BFF world come across as a bit like knee-jerk reactionaries on both sides of the issue. I'll start with a recommendation for you extreme skeptics out there. Three words for you..."LET IT GO." If you are so all fired certain that BF is a hoax and doesn't exist, why do you care what the TBRC or any other footer says or does? Do you also prowl fishing boards to endlessly challenge stories of "the one that got away?" Do you engage in this arena just to be argumentative? Why do you care how these guys waste their time and money, or what sorts of yarns they spin? Seems to me that the extreme skeptics need to find a more productive hobby, because I've got news for you...you ain't gonna change or convert the minds of believers or knowers. I never cease to be amazed at how much time people have to waste on such things, and to what end? I can understand having a differing viewpoint, offering constructive criticism, or even playing devil's advocate; but some of the stuff on here seems rather extreme to the point of being obsessive. I think most people who really disbelieve in BF in an honestly critical way, have sense to just shake your heads, move on, and leave the "fools" to their own devices. Personally, I don't have a lot of use for people who rule their lives by the shake of a Magic 8 Ball. Then again, I don't go on their forums and spend countless hours trying to make them see the error of their ways or convince them to do otherwise.

Pure gold right there. Beliefs simply don't matter, unless it leads to killing. Chips will fall where they belong, and the piper paid.

well, I want to know what are buttstrokes.

And Operation P seems like a bunch of pretty normal guys doing the bf thing and adding a goodly time factor. And getting interesting results. Cripes, you all can sit around and pick at it and parse it out, but hindsight is 20-20 and you weren't there. Gahww.

As Ike said so well, above, let it go. I totally agree. And why "skeptics" --by which I mean not those with inquiring but exacting minds, but those with their minds made up--come on here to make our blood pressure spike and spit on us, cannot be a healthy thing for them.

I mean, for witnesses, it becomes an obsession. It has power over you. But for those who believe bf is NOT real? What's up with that? the heck? Don't' they have a real hobby? A real family? A life, even? Yes, I mean YOU. (you know who you are)

Then again, I don't go on their forums and spend countless hours trying to make them see the error of their ways or convince them to do otherwise.

Guest Kerchak

Then you would be wrong.

LMAO. If you say so Drew...if you say so.

*steps out of this thread before he wets himself with laughter*.

See ya.

Still doesn't change a federal law agianst shooting non-game animals whatsoever, period. These regulations were adopted for reasons of protecting our natural resourses through various reviews and committees. True, you will do your own "thing" regardless just don't act like your shooting a monkey and expect others to except the fact that it is a monkey when nobody know for a fact what it is and try to get other to except your assumptions by simple jargun itself. Thats what the trueth is and the trueth always prevails and comes to light.

Edited by ptangier

Guest Luckyfoot

Still doesn't change a federal law agianst shooting non-game animals whatsoever, period.

Uhm. No. There have been no instances of a shot bigfoot being brought in, therefore NO definitive evidence of what would happen.

Again, simply your desire to interpret things your way.

Didn't the fish and game guys laugh @ Smeja and say they wouldn't arrest him ?

Here is what might happen: If they kill a wood ape, some government agency might claim that all wildlife resources are the property of the government.

or-

If they shoot at a wood ape, and kill a person in a suit, some government agency might prosecute them for some degree of murder.

They are not going to get prosecuted for shooting an ACTUAL wood ape.

People were going into the everglades and killing Burmese pythons, BEFORE Florida passed a law saying you had to be an authorized python hunter, I don't know of anyone who was prosecuted for killing Burmese Pythons.

They are not going to get prosecuted for shooting an ACTUAL wood ape.

If it turns out that a woodape has human genetics, do you think ignorance will be a good defense? I would say that there might not be a scientist who would curate the specimen because the political nightmare eminating from the fact it was not given the respect and burial that "humans" deserve.

Southernyahoo, Drew and Bipto- just because there hasn't been any instances outside of California it doesn't change the federal regulation agianst shooting a non-game animal. The difference with the General is that he didn't know what he was shooting and you guys are consciencely looking to shot one. Of course you could claim all sorts of stuff like, uh it was attacking me or I didn't know but that wouldn't be true. After the Ca. DFG interviewed the General they determined that he didn't know what he was shooting. You also haven't addressed the fact that you keep calling the BF a "wood ape" which is an assumption. Agian you can't have a context without a pretext which you don't have. Like I said your'e going to do what you want to do no matter what laws already exsist (except on Texas) and I see that you are OK with that , so thats on you guys. Why do we have federal directives when some citizens seem to feel by their own justification that it is OK to ignore them. Caes in point is when the government set laws agianst cloning so the

scientists wouldn't be able to clone people. The classic example of the over ambisious scientific community needing guidelines and boundaries. Actions in unregulated areas of science plays into the hands of individual ambisions. Still doesn't change the laws in place and as the case example presented YOU do not know what you are shooting and yet You are willing to except the conseqences without knowing what you are shooting. Any hunter knows that you shouldn't shot something unless you know what you are shooting.

What he said. This isn't a thread about bigfoot being human. I've made the TBRC's position clear and it's fixed until further evidence is found or presented. The legal aspect has also been addressed repeatedly and the answers are not going to change just because the question keeps coming up.