SSR Team

What??? No Scottish McBigfoots??? ;}

They're far too tough to be wearing Skirts Violet.... :D

Sorry, Brucie, i couldn't resist..;)

Guest VioletX

They're far too tough to be wearing Skirts Violet.... :D

Sorry, Brucie, i couldn't resist.. ;)

Bigfoot innvented the kilt man!

Being in the center of the PNW is scary, as I live right in the heart of it. The mountains, forest, rocks, and rugged terrain are enveloping.

Have you lived there for a while? Why in particular is it scary?

Guest BFSleuth

I've hiked and climbed throughout the PNW, Sierra Nevada, and Rockies. Particularly in the PNW, being a temperate rainforest, the terrain and vegetation can be unbelievably difficult. There's a lot of folks that go hiking in the PNW, and 95% stay on the trails. If you get off the trails to go "bushwacking" then it's another order of commitment.

I think I told this story before, but one time as I was on a trail in the North Cascades we heard a commotion approaching through young alder so thick you couldn't see more than 10 feet into it. Eventually a man climbed through a hole into the clearing of the trail and had a bite to eat with us. He had a huge pack and explained that his "thing" was to go bushwacking into remote areas up the drainages, anything off trail and that's where he wanted to go. He had a machete, hatchet, saw, and bear spray. He said that a typical day for him was to move about a mile a day because of the difficulty of the terrain and vegetation. After we finished our snack together he put on his pack and disappeared on the other side of the trail.

I hope he made it.

Guest VioletX

Thanks for your details about the PNW BFSleuth...hope to go there one day.

Are you sure that was not the guy from Man vs. WIld that came through bushwacking? :wild:

Guest BFSleuth

I'll say this about the guy, he wasn't geared up with the latest and greatest most expensive backpack, etc. He had a vintage wooden frame pack, old style roll up heavy sleeping bag, a tarp, and clothes that were from the army surplus store. Everything had patches sewn on top of patches. He said he was on a trek from the west side to the east side of the Cascades, we met him on the east side and he said he was into his third week. We figured in about 17-18 days he had covered about 35-40 miles of river, rocks, gullies, cliffs, devil's club, slash alder, and assorted obstacles. The valleys and drainages he had gone through don't have established hiking trails.

What really turned him on was the idea that perhaps he'd been where no man had been before. I doubt that even the indigenous tribes had bothered to get up into those valleys, the idea of wading through all that difficulty would be counterproductive when there are easier ways to go. I also doubt that anyone but maybe some prospectors seeking their fortune would go to so much trouble to go in there, and maybe then there wouldn't be much to show for it unless you could engineer a way to get out the ore, gold, or silver. He may very well have been the first human stupid persistent enough to go back in there.

Guest brucescotland

BFSleuth......

You never said.....did you manage to somehow bring up the subject BF to him?? he would seem to me to be the VERY man to ask?? Having said that it must of been fasinating to even be in his company....

Bobby-violet........... Although the humour wasnt lost on me...........If theres one thing that gets me wound up its the mere mention of UK BF's!!! grrrrrrrr Grey man of ben macdui etc!! And Nick Redferns books even suggesting such a thing infutiate me!!!! to steal a quote from another guy.....

"If you gave me $500.000 to prove existance of Bigfoot...i wouldnt spent one cent in the UK"!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Guest VioletX

BFSleuth......

You never said.....did you manage to somehow bring up the subject BF to him?? he would seem to me to be the VERY man to ask?? Having said that it must of been fasinating to even be in his company....

Bobby-violet........... Although the humour wasnt lost on me...........If theres one thing that gets me wound up its the mere mention of UK BF's!!! grrrrrrrr Grey man of ben macdui etc!! And Nick Redferns books even suggesting such a thing infutiate me!!!! to steal a quote from another guy.....

"If you gave me $500.000 to prove existance of Bigfoot...i wouldnt spent one cent in the UK"!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully you will never meet Shaun from UK,LOL

Guest BFSleuth

My meeting with "Bushwacker" was back around 1980 and predates my interest in bigfoot. We were also more interested in making high camp for our climb the next morning. That was before my brother even told me about his sighting, maybe 10 years after that.

So the thought never crossed my mind to Bushwacker about BF, but I'm sure he would have been a great person to talk to about that. I do believe he set foot in places where no man had ever set foot before... nobody's that crazy or such a glutton for punishment. I should mention that his arms were covered in bruises and scratches in spite of his heavy shirt (which he took off to cool down). He was a sight to see and wasn't about to take the easy escape down the nice trail.

SSR Team

Plus 1 from me Brucie..;)

Guest brucescotland

Hopefully you will never meet Shaun from UK,LOL

Violet i hope that isnt the guy i had on FB trying to convince me to go down to england to look at these twisted tree structures etc!!

BFSleuth - doubt if he would be around thesdays, if he was it would be amazing to find him and pick his brains.... wonder how many others like him are around doing exacly that thesdays.

SSR Team

Brucie, have you come across the Fella somewhere near Newcastle that has a " Sasquatch Habitat in the UK " page or something along those lines ?

He has a name that i can't remember, but i'm sure it was a footballer's name or something like that..

Honestly though, when i saw it on FB i literally couldn't believe my eyes, and made a discreet point of telling him so too of course.. :D

SSR Team

No that's not him.. :D

Guest VioletX

I am adding in a map so as to not neglect other areas a Sasquatch could live in:

us_maps_land_cover_1.jpg

us_maps_land_cover_2.jpg

I just realized it is a tad small...

Edited by VioletX