Different Species Of Them

A very recent BFRO report posted here mentioned two species.

Has anybody tried to sort sighting reports according to descriptions--say, of demeanor or height alone? Or any kind of criteria that might be the lines of separations between species? And if so, what was found?

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest OntarioSquatch

It could be differences between the Sasquatch individuals that people are seeing. I remember Albert Ostman said that none of the ones he saw looked alike.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Has anybody tried to sort sighting reports according to descriptions--say, of demeanor or height alone? Or any kind of criteria that might be the lines of separations between species? And if so, what was found?

Dear KingsCanyon

Some bigfoot researchers on Southern USA mentioned exactly here on the forums about 2 types of creatures, I went curious and asked for further information. They kindly explained me there was, on that particular region, ongoing sightings of the "red" and the "black" creatures. The red was more human-like (or less ape-like?) and curious, the black one was more ape-like and territorial. On the discussion, we recalled that some very old native legends also made the difference between 2 distinct types of creatures. Overlapping territories of 2 species? We do not know!!! I hope we'll find someday the answer and scientific evidence...

Best Regards.

K. Adam.

I would gander to guess that there are alot of as-of-yet "undiscovered" things in the woods ranging from the neat but very explainable Forest Giants(Sasquatch)/cryptids to really really weird stuff that would probably blow a person's mind if they knew about it. I have myself though heard about a few weird things concerning the Sasquatch, like having pronounced snouts and running on all 4s. I have also heard of a anthropomorphic creature, in multiple places, that was basically a werewolf. It was a quite large, 6-7 foot canine that could go on all 4s or walk like a person. Leaves very large canine prints. One researcher said it is not the same thing as the Snouted Sasquatch.

Keep in mind that it just because our species underwent a severe genetic bottleneck in the past there is no assumption that theirs did as well. Given the wide range of reports I can imagine that it might take some time to sort exactly what these creatures are and what extent they have interbred with other hominids. I think a better sample base collected from Asia, eastern Europe and maybe Australia as well will be needed to get a clearer picture of their nature.

SSR Team

Easy peasy, done by the tap of the fingers..

http://www.bigfootforums.com/ssr/index.html

Admin

This guy certainly thinks there is a difference:

http://www.gcbro.com/AKanch001.html

Keep in mind that it just because our species underwent a severe genetic bottleneck in the past there is no assumption that theirs did as well. Given the wide range of reports I can imagine that it might take some time to sort exactly what these creatures are and what extent they have interbred with other hominids. I think a better sample base collected from Asia, eastern Europe and maybe Australia as well will be needed to get a clearer picture of their nature.

See.. thats what I have been thinking lately. With all the really recent articles on-line pertaining to Science having a clearer understanding of the HSS HS etc trees, and combined with recent innovations in DNA sequencing, it seems that there could in fact be evidence of multiple and different species someday. What if the Ketchum study is in line to support this theory? That there are different species of them.

The long history of witness' descriptions also supports a variation in Sasquatch appearance, and thats presuming that they are all Sasquatch. Think dogman!! Imagine if there are variations found in Sasquatch DNA that would indicate something more than a mutation, but rather a significantly different branch of the evolutionary tree. Its easy to theorize that if something has survived this long, then perhaps the many others variations that traditionally co-existed, or came later, could also have adapted in parallel and be extant today?

Variation in appearance does not necessarily mean a different species. Manute Bol doesn't look much like my 5' 4" redhead neighbour, but I have no reason to believe they are not of the same species.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

I would gander to guess that there are alot of as-of-yet "undiscovered" things in the woods ranging from the neat but very explainable Forest Giants(Sasquatch)/cryptids to really really weird stuff that would probably blow a person's mind if they knew about it. I have myself though heard about a few weird things concerning the Sasquatch, like having pronounced snouts and running on all 4s. I have also heard of a anthropomorphic creature, in multiple places, that was basically a werewolf. It was a quite large, 6-7 foot canine that could go on all 4s or walk like a person. Leaves very large canine prints. One researcher said it is not the same thing as the Snouted Sasquatch.

Hi XionComrade. There was a on History Channel a Monsterquest program called "Winsconsin Werewolf" or something like that, which treated specifically these wolflike creatures. Giant baboons? Bipedal canids? Biological oddities? Who knows, but I find these creatures very scary!!!

Best Regards.K. Adam.