Different Species Of Them

Guest BastetsCat

According to some other sites the Dogman is supposed to be a different species from bigfoot....that is supposed to come from the Ketchum camp. So it is presumed that it was decided via DNA.

I don't believe in different species of them, I think that the different reports can be explained by individual genetic variation, they have a wide range of colors some are bigger than others, some may even have different facial features but there all the same species.

Admin

According to some other sites the Dogman is supposed to be a different species from bigfoot....that is supposed to come from the Ketchum camp. So it is presumed that it was decided via DNA.

So what I take from this is that somebody has/had Dogman DNA somewhere and acquired it somehow. Now that would be an interesting story to hear.

I started a thread called different species of bigfoot, but it was basically a database question related to the possiblility of sorting data to find species traits of maybe more than one kind....but it is an interesting topic and deserves to have a better thread of its own. If you posted there, feel free to copy it over to here. SO...

Assuming, for the purposes of narrowing the topic, that the bigfoot of North America does exist......

>>> Do you think we have more than one species (besides humans) of bipedal primate in North America?

>> Are there more species worldwide or are the yeti, the skunk ape, the rock ape of Vietnam all the same kind , etc.? and

> If you think there are two or more kinds, please include traits that make the species different from each other.

I don't believe in different species of them, I think that the different reports can be explained by individual genetic variation, they have a wide range of colors some are bigger than others, some may even have different facial features but there all the same species.

I generally agree with this, though phylogeny and taxonomy is not always neat and agreed. There is, for instance, an element of dispute over whether Neanderthals should be classified as 'Homo Neandertalensis' or, rather, 'Homo Sapiens Neandertalensis' (species vs sub-species).

Regarding BF, and in light of the dearth of available evidence (to those of us outside the hallowed DNA circles, at any rate), all we can do is speculate until Ketchum or Sykes publish something meaningful.

As an aside, I and one or two others have suggested that there could be a link between BF and Neanderthals, but now that I have looked more into known relic sites and migratory patterns for our robust cousins, I think this is very unlikely. The fact that Neanderthals and HSS could not successfully cross-breed in both directions may further limit the likelihood.

Edited by corvus horribilus

BFF Patron

Well there have to be at least two species of BF because some "experts" that have seen them claim they don't have peculiar eye characteristics such as "glow" or unusual eyeshine and many other witnesses claim otherwise. :gaming:

In Africa alone, we have pigmies, Dinka tribesman averaging 6-7 feet tall, white South Africans, arab Egyptians and Libyans and San bushmen from Namibia. Then consider the rest of the people of the Earth. All one species, Homo Sapiens.

I'm also remined about dogs, and how different they look one breed to another, although they were made that way on purpose.

Still my point is that looks and outward appearences can be deceivng. Already a rare creature, consider that if more than one species of sasquatch/bigfoot/skunk ape out there, then it would be that much harder for any one BF to find a mate.

In my opinion, no.

Edited by Pithecus

Guest BastetsCat

So what I take from this is that somebody has/had Dogman DNA somewhere and acquired it somehow. Now that would be an interesting story to hear.

It was supposed to be from a hair sample the way that it read out in the articles....then was leaked out by a mole in Ketchums lab.

I am not sure that I can handle BF; I love the subject hate the experiences....I am certain that if I ever saw a dogman up close and personal that I would have an out of body experience; possibly permanently....LOL.

I find it interesting that the description by Justin Smeja, of the young juvenile he shot, had a mouth that he described as "like a bulldog" maybe this was just what it reminded him of. Maybe it is not even true. IDK, But if Justin is to be believed, (and I do) then his description is interesting and might add to the whole dogman phenomenon.

Perhaps these variations in facial appearances are more about the age or even gender, as opposed to variation in species.

But look at the image of the Beast of 7 Chutes, that appears more dog-like than squatch-like,

and even more weird is the idea that the Beast of 7 Chutes is holding what appears to be a white dog. :o

Yup, this just gets weirder and weirder.

Sightings of 'dogman' are so few that I tend to throw it in the same pot as MothMan (or ChickenMan, etc ... take your pick).

I wonder if there is any other North American creature that is large, hairy, can stand on two feet, and has a snout. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Edited by corvus horribilus

Guest BastetsCat

I have heard versions of the windigo story being a bearman. Or more of a bear with antlers and some other animal mixed in and being human like with a muzzle.

Then there are the bearman stories. Can't find any; but have not seriously researched it. The ones I have heard talk about a bear that can turn human, so not at all like a bigfoot. But the bear often turns human to find a new lover in the human world. Some of the stories talk about the perfect man or woman appearing and living with the person and then they disappear into the woods for extended periods. Enevitably the person follows their lover into the woods and discovers that they are in fact a bear ending the relationship. Some end in the death of the bear some in the death of the lover. Some just end the romance.

One of the people that related one of these stories said it was when the bear was becoming human that it looked something like a BF and vice versa; turning back into a bear.

Are there any others?

Admin

Per the OP's request, I have merged the two "Different Species" threads into a single one.

IMHO, it's entirely possible there are several different types of Bigfoot. As an example, the differences between a Toy Poodle and a Mastiff are distinctive, yet they all are scientifically categorized as canines. I would think the same criterion would apply to the Bigfoot-type creatures as well. It will be interesting to learn what classification will be used when their existence is finally proven.

The differences among domestic animals are artificial, the result of selection based on human preferences. Naturally, that kind of diversity is not seen in a species and never so quickly, that I can think of.

In nature, subspecies --little differences--occur quickly and are common, but really different species take longer to develop. Right? Different species are the result of divergent evolution based on geographical separation and different environments over time. Far as I recall.

Subspecies, that's different colors, markings, size, that kind of thing. Different species would involve more variations, such as larger feet, a differently shaped beak, a maned species v unmaned, changed bone structures--correct me if I'm wrong.

So could there be different species of bf in North America? Given their mobility, I'd say no. Subspecies, probably, but not really different species. They just move too fast and too far to have failed to continually interbreed.....

Looking at other large and mobile animals, say bear or mountain lion, we do recognize subspecies here. Florida panther, Kodiak/brown bear, grizzly, assorted squirrels, etc. If there are subspecies or different species we'd expect to find them in Florida, the Arctic, California maybe......

So could there be different species of bf between South and North America? But think about the jaguar......in Texas and in Brazil, same species, I think. The land is connected, after all. However, the distances are so large that I think it's possible. And we have that Florida Skunk Ape issue, so that may be a different kind, to some degree.

I assume that on a global basis, assuming global distribution, bf would be different species. I don't think they arrived so recently or travel so far that North American bf has interbred with Asian or European species, be there any. So those could be subspecies or different species.

But talking about ones with differently shaped faces, that is past subspecies, that is a different species, I would think. So anything like a dogman, that would be a different species entirely, I think.

I notice a difference in eyes. Some eyes are large and dark, the goggle effect, and I see some with round eyes that have like eye lashes around them....anybody seen that.....kind of like daisies? *

Edited by Kings Canyon