Bf Creature In Europe?

Guest brucescotland

Well, we've already got proof of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster, just see my pic :)

In all seriousness though,while the UK is rumoured to be full of ghosts and stuff, I think the only wildmen you'll find here are the natives haha. As for Europe, I'm not sure, I wouldn't rule out Russia personally. It's incredibly large, and remarkably uninhabited in vast, vast areas.

Are there sasquatch there? I don't know, perhaps a variant. Are there things in Russia no one has ever seen and noted down? Certainly.

SSR Team

There is as much chance of BF being in Eupore as there is in BF being in Texas or anywhere in eastern NA...none, zip, nadda, zilch...but loads of people will still believe it.

Just for the record for any newbies, this post is both inaccurate and untrue.

That is the TX and Eastern portions of it of course.

Edited by BobbyO

I'm still fairly new to the whole thing and even I could list off some examples of evidence to suggest the existence of unknown hominids in the eastern portion of North America, skunk apes in the south etc.

That man is ridiculously large. Remember watching him box and thinking wow. One paper put a print of his hand in an article and it wasnt too far of the size of a page...

Guest brucescotland

There is as much chance of BF being in Eupore as there is in BF being in Texas or anywhere in eastern NA...none, zip, nadda, zilch...but loads of people will still believe it.

Im lead to beleive the "texas panhandle"?? is a hotbed of sightings, prints and the like??

Isn't Homo Valuevensis a native of Europe?

valuev.jpg

hahaha- hes ugly enough without sticking klitchco's face on top!

but heres a question.... is valuev just a case of "acromegaly" or gigantism or could there be more to it than that?? bearing in mind where he is from... id also hazard a guess that if you captured a wildman or one of the more human type BF creatures and shaved its head you would have something with a pretty good resembalance to valuev?? or am i guilty of stabbing in the pitch dark with a blunt knife as usual!!?

SSR Team

Haha does he really ?

RL i mean.

Guest brucescotland

RL claims that Valuev is Neanderthal. So to me that is proof positive that he is 100% HSS.

your cynicism is not lost on me!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kronprinz Adam

[Dear Brucescotland:

Here we go!!! I located some anecdotical information for you...I was trying to locate the old website of "european cryptids", (it was a very cool one, great information, maps and presentation) but I could not get it...I will check if I saved some webpages from it.

I forgot to mention also some other stories about european wildmen (of course, I do not know if these are true, but I find them entertaining).

1. Spanish Basajaun: some kind of mythical Yeti like creature that lives on the Pyrinees (the mountains between Spain and France). I remember I had some old spanish magazines called "Año Cero" (Year Zero), where some recent sighting were posted...(80s and 90s)....

2. Italian giants of Ventimiglia. I have seen these strange reports of hairy humanoid sightings, remains a total mistery until today!! Apemen? UFOs?

3. British reports. There are a few of them, grey hairy giants, giving british citizens the shock of their lives...

4. There are some late middle ages and early Renaissance reports of Europe...mostly about wildmen sightings very deep in the french woods, other hairy wild-men, captured in Germany, which never learned to speak (not known if they are lost kids turned feral or real Almasty-like creatures) and a few reports of alpine creatures.(I know a very good website on historical sightings, but it is multingual, 60% french, 20% english, 20% other languages)...

I got the following information (in english) from this website:

http://www.angelfire...ion/homins.html

• European wildmen (Eastern Europe, and the French Pyrenees): Wild humans that don't belong to our species. They are described as being covered in hair except for their faces, the palms of their hands, soles of their feet and their knees. Ther hair is not like fur or wool, but is long coarse hair like that on our heads. These wildmen are most likely Neanderthals that do not have any society, but they have not been reported in recent times and are most likely extinct. However, classical representations show another type of wild man, with an appearence almost identical to modern humans and only a little hairy than the most hirsute of us. Lost tribes, perhaps?
  • Fear Liath Mor (Northern Scotland EUROPE): Also known as the Greyman (Fear Liath Mor trnalsates to "big grey man"), these creatures are usually associated with the peak of Ben McDhui, and the way in which they seem to gaurd it. However, that is mostly false superstition, as then greymen are also known from the Caiorngorms, the Black Mount, and even the islands of Skye. Said to be large, grey coloured, and rather fearsome-looking. Also alleged to stalk people who tresspass in their territory. Could be remnants of H. heidelbergensis.
  • "running man" (Scotland EUROPE): An extremely sasquatch-like creature, seperate from the greyman, which has been a part of Scottish folklore and traditions for centuries. One sighting describes a creature whose face was "human... but not human". It is known for it's preference for running, as opposed to walking, and has a tendency to run alongside cars to look inside the windows. Most likley a Scottish version of the sasquatch.
  • Basajaun (Spain EUROPE): Also called "lord of the wood", this creature is knonw as a "hairy giant" which can be extremel hostile towards humans, and often visits homes looking for food. One recorded attack occured when a group of paleontologists was pounced upon by a pair of the creatures. They said to stand about 5 or 6 feet tall. Likely to be the same thing as the French wildmen.
  • Ventimiglian giant (Northern Italy, EUROPE): A flurry of recent sightings (late 90's, 96, 97, ect) of emmense creatures, described as hairy giants over 2 meters in height, occured in Nrthern italy, near Ventimiglia. One sighting detailed three of the creatures milling around in the trees, while antoher one made note that the subject had an extrmely short, thick neck. My guess is that a sasquatch-like creature exists in Italy, as opposed to the "wildmen" seen in other areas of mainland Europe.
  • Scandinavian "bigfoot" (Sweden, Norway, and Spitzbergen EUROPE): A handful of reports has come from Sweden, others from Norway, and even more remarkable is that a research team doing a geological survey of Spitzbergen encuntered a large, long-haired hominid, similar to the Arulataq of Alaska. These things also seem rather sasquatch-like, and my guess would be that they are the same kind of thing as the sasquatch.
  • Vedi (Croacia and Hungary EUROPE): A hairy wildman sighted until the mid-20th century in Croacia, especially near the Hungarian border. Many cases involve females sneaking in to stables where the male farm-hands have been sleeping, then cozying up beside them. Talk about bestiality..... these may be a form of "wildman", or a sasquatch-like creature.

• The report I saw from a creature in the rocky mountains of somewhere in Yugoslavia looks quite similar to this Vedi...
  • Best regards.
  • K.ADam

Here we go again: I found 2 very similar creatures croatian creatures on a book:

From the book "Mysterious Creatures, a guide to cryptozoology" by George M. Eberhart.

Sumske Dekle

WILDMAN of Eastern Europe.

Etymology:

Croatian, “forest girls.â€

Variant names:

Divi-te zeni (Bulgarian),

Divje devoijke (Slovenian), Divji moz (Slovenian,

for the male), Divozenky (Czech), Dwiwje

zony (Sorbian), Dziwo-zony (Polish).

Physical description:

Covered with reddish or

black hair, except for the face. Large, square

head. Long, strong hands

Behavior:

Shrieks and screams. Sometimes

visits houses or stables in search of warmth or

food. Said to harvest grain, bake bread, catch

game and fish, and weave hemp into clothing.

Able to breed with humans.

Habitat:

Woodlands.

Distribution:

Between Novigrad Podravski

and Ferdinandovac, Croatia.

Significant sighting:

One winter around 1870,

two brothers named Paurovic´ were sleeping in

their stable at Severovac, Croatia, when one

woke up to find a hairy forest girl standing between

them. He touched it, and it ran out the

door. They gave chase but could not catch it in

the deep snow.

Present status:

Stories about these creatures

died out after World War I.

Sources:

Jan Máchal, Slavic Mythology

(Boston: Marshall Jones, 1918), pp. 263–265;

Zvonko Lovrencevic, “Creatures from the

Bilogora in Northern Croatia,†in Vladimir

Markotic and Grover Krantz, eds.,

Ved

WILDMAN of Eastern Europe.

Etymology:

Possibly from the Slavonic vedeti

(“to know, wiseâ€). Also said to mean “forest

man†in Croatian. Plural,

Vedi.

Variant name:

Ved’ma (“witchâ€).

Physical description:

Covered with hair. Tall.

Behavior:

Lives in houses in the woods. Wears

ragged clothing. Often forms relationships with

people or families and helps them around the

house.

Distribution:

Bilogora Mountains, between

Bjelovar and Kalinovac, Croatia.

Present status:

Stories about the Ved died out

after World War I.

Source:

Zvonko Lovrencevic, “Creatures

from the Bilogora in Northern Croatia,†in

Vladimir Markotic and Grover Krantz, eds.,

Edited by Kronprinz Adam

SSR Team

Great stuff Kronprinz as per usual but don't waste any more of your time on Western Europe, that is if you're looking for legitimate information.

Mind you saying that, a lot of the Polish, Slovenian, Croatian and whatever else they are Girls and Boys on the London Underground going to work each morning with me look like Valuev anyway so who knows..

Guest brucescotland

Great stuff Kronprinz as per usual but don't waste any more of your time on Western Europe, that is if you're looking for legitimate information.

Mind you saying that, a lot of the Polish, Slovenian, Croatian and whatever else they are Girls and Boys on the London Underground going to work each morning with me look like Valuev anyway so who knows..

How interesting ADAM, but i have to concur with bobby im afraid. However i tip my hat at you for taking the time to collate and post your information that you have so kindly posted.

Possibly wildmen on the outskirts of europe,along asian border, poland,russian border area, but thats it i suspect.