Bf Creature In Europe?

Guest brucescotland

""running man" (Scotland EUROPE): An extremely sasquatch-like creature, seperate from the greyman, which has been a part of Scottish folklore and traditions for centuries. One sighting describes a creature whose face was "human... but not human". It is known for it's preference for running, as opposed to walking, and has a tendency to run alongside cars to look inside the windows. Most likley a Scottish version of the sasquatch."

While I've never seen anything remotely similar to sasquatch in Scotland, I just thought I'd highlight the fact this would scare the living crap out of me...as I've said before, foxes are generally the most dangerous thing you come across around these ways :P

According to Summitwalker, absolutely everything the TBRC is reporting from Area X has to be a hoax. Then again, I think he just downgraded everything on the whole continent to non-existent level.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Great stuff Kronprinz as per usual but don't waste any more of your time on Western Europe, that is if you're looking for legitimate information.

Mind you saying that, a lot of the Polish, Slovenian, Croatian and whatever else they are Girls and Boys on the London Underground going to work each morning with me look like Valuev anyway so who knows..

Hi Bobby!!! Don't worry, as I told before, this is "anecdotical information"...I usually do not believe on modern sightings in Western Europe, because there have been people who tried to fake them...(remember "Bigfoot in Luxembourg?")...little wilderness for a relict humanoid to hide!!!

I personally suspect the spanish Basajaun could be related with the Almasty, but probably didn't survived until modern times...I also found interesting that catalunian folklore described other similar creatures called "simiots", so they probably were related with the word "simians" (from a very old latin word).

Only remarkable sighting I recalled was that one on former Yugoslavia...as I described before, the story was about young people finding by chance an ape-like creature in a lost rocky place...and the creature was not happy of being discovered by humans!! A few weird stories of England and this strange and very weird report from Italy in the 70s (i?), which I found very odd....

There are more stories from Russia (I like to read stories from russian experts, which have plenty of examples of hairy creatures in the russian folklore), I find "Pravda" stories too sensationalist, but if these "snowmen" really exist, I see no problem for them to reach the polar circle through northern regions of Scandinavia..avoiding humans and roaming at night, as usual!!! ;)

Best regards.

K. Adam.

Guest brucescotland

Adam...

Whats your take on Zanas story?

Did you read my thread some time back with updated photos of here modern day realatives??

I spent 9 nights out in the woods last month in Central Sweden and it was real squatchy.......

That's all I'm sayin'............... :keeporder:

?????????????????????? !!!!!!!!

I recently moved to Europe and have given this some thought. Europe has been settled by modern humans (not indigenous people) for over two thousand years, while in North America, it is about 300. In Europe, major predators such as the bear and wolf were killed off generations ago. Not so in the US. Also, there is very little large forests left here, and the population is very dense. I believe there is no sasquatch in Europe.

The interesting thing is I see images of sasquatch everywhere in paintings and in church carvings. Historians say it is the mythical "wildman" or man of the forest. But it looks like a sas to me, big feet and all. The first time I saw one in a statue, I was like, WTF! Bigfoot! So, I believe sasquatch was in Europe at one time but became extinct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_man

Taylor, I have been studying Coats of Arms and symbolism of Renaissance Europe for some time. It goes along with my Study of the Martial Arts of the Renaissance. And I have stumbled onto many images like these: I can't help but think that at one time in Europa these creatures existed. But given the propensity for Knights to kill all unholy things, I imagine Sas were wiped out before the industrial age, IMO.

There are two things that are most common with many of these images, The Giant Feet, and the Club.

Not sure what that means. And when I ask, many scholars simply brush aside any implication that these Wildmen, were not Human. I compare the symbolism of the Wildmen, to that of the Dragon and St George. It was a Mythical beast that was slain by George, and hence his reputation was set. Its as if the family that chose the symbol may have had a history of slaying Beasts.

Hairyman_zps2db8ab2c.jpg

wild-man-with-shield-1490.jpg!Blog_zpsc1b6aac4.jpg

280px-The_Fight_in_the_Forest_Hans_Burgkmair_d__zpsd4034e21.jpg

This last image is a personal favorite, The obvious High Guard that the Longsword wielding Knight has chose, seems rather appropriate. It is from 1546 and done by the german artist Hans Burgmair.

There are literally hundreds of these "Wildmen" found all throughout European History. It is kinda hard to overlook.

This last one is very interesting to me, I found this in a book from about 1613, which describes newly discovered, plant and animal life from around the World. it basically says that a new type of Ape was discovered, that was like a man, with the head and shoulders of a human, like the figures of the Wildmen, and its head was like a beautiful Flower in bloom, with Golden Yellow colored hair, its face was like that of an Egyptian Dog, and that it smelled really bad!! Having a tail though, kinda ruins it for me. Also that its Breasts were Blue? hmm,

I just find it interesting that the author compared this to the Wildmen of Europe!

renBF.jpg

Edited by Skunkfoot

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Adam...

Whats your take on Zanas story?

Did you read my thread some time back with updated photos of here modern day realatives??

Hi Bruce!!! Of course I saw your post!! (it was a very good one) I also think Gamasa`s and Kwit's facial features are quite interesting...I suspect there was a real female Almasty behind these events, and not just a feral human or a human with mental issues....

This is a very interesting website with lots of information of Almasty sightings in the Caucasus (Kabardino-Balkaria region)...

http://www.stgr-primates.de/

I posted before some documentary from spanish television, where lots of information was given on the "Almas" (large "Snowmen" and medium-size, but muscular Almasty, which is usually described as more human-like than Bigfoot, Yetis and russian Snowmen)...they collected some stories of political prisoners, taken into "gulags" (prisoner camps) in the middle of nowhere...they were supposed to bring wood to the camps, but they refused to do so because they have encountered some hairy "wood creatures" which scared them a lot...and they mentioned that, in russian foklore, hybridation between Almas and humans, have happened in the past...

Villagers described that the creatures were common before WW2, on the 70s and 80s they became rare...but they think they survived on the high mountains and forest areas far away...

I also saw a very interesting documentary about a german scientist that in the 90s, started a research to compare neanderthal, human and chimp DNA. First, he got some neaderthal bones by digging deep near on the original Neanderthal discovery site (the Neander valley, near Düsseldorf), and then he started to do DNA sequencing, repeating the experiment several times in order to get more accurate results. Then he compared with chimps, and modern humans from different ethnical groups.

He got the following results:

1. The Neanderthal DNA showed to be somewhat distinct from humans and chimps. (They were no early human ancestors, nor evolved bipedal chimp-like creatures)

2. Humans and chimps shared a lot of genes in common, more than 90%. He printed in paper the genetic map (dot patterns), and the dot pattern of chimps matched almost neatly the dot pattern to humans. He thinks the difference was some 3-4% of high-specialized brain genes, which gives humans fast learning, and a more complex social behavior and culture. But, besides this, the genetics of both species were in essential, similar. However, genes expressed in a different way in humans.

After watching this, I started to suspect that the genetic gap between Almasties and humans (assuming that Almasties do exist) maybe is not so large, as to prevent hybridation, but maybe a 1-2% of high-specialized genes made the difference between a human citizen and settler, and a hairy,muscular feral creature.. I mean, the creature is intelligent and may survive in the woods better than us (he may have his own specialized genes in order to do this) but in other aspects (speech, tools, social codes, culture) it may lag behind if compared with humans, due to small differences in mental structure... interesting, isn't it?

Best regards!!

K. Adam

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Taylor, I have been studying Coats of Arms and symbolism of Renaissance Europe for some time. It goes along with my Study of the Martial Arts of the Renaissance. And I have stumbled onto many images like these: I can't help but think that at one time in Europa these creatures existed...

I just find it interesting that the author compared this to the Wildmen of Europe!

Dear Skunkfoot. I had the opportunity to visit the Germanic Historical Museum in Nüremberg (Bavaria), and they had a great collection of old items. There was 2 or 3 paintings of "holy men", saints from middle ages. The painting was supposed to tell the story of the saint, which was more or less like this: some hunters with horses and dogs followed a feral creature in the woods, which they believed was some kind of animal...when they surrounded the creature (which was dealing with the dogs in the painting). they discovered it was a hairy person, a man who has lived on praying and meditation like for so many time that this hermit became hairy...

There was also some shields ("Wappen") with hairy man and woman...from Reinassance, they were basically medium pieces of stained glass which depicted the shield of some swiss locality (Frauenfeld, so "fields of women"), and the hairy persons were holding the shield of the city and the colors of Austria (red, white and red), maybe representing some connection between the swiss region and the ruling house of austrian Habsburg...(I posted the pics some time ago, here...enjoy!!!

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/5415-woodewasa-in-european-museums/

Best regards,

K. Adam.

I've often wondered if the werewolf legends from Europe originate from a mis-identification of BF. The descriptions are similar, large and covered with hair, howls at night. And the part about them turning back into a human after killed. They kill a BF thinking it's a werewolf and when they see it, it looks like a human, and they think it's turning back into a human from it's werewolf form.

Vielen Dank mein Herr für die ausgezeichnet Links.

i have not seen many of those from the older thread in this Subject. Many interesting images there. Also the Link that Hairy posted as well. Amazing, that these go all the way back to earliest Christianity and even the Greek and Romans. WOW I had no idea.

It is little wonder we are still seeing and talking about these "wildmen" today.

While some stories do in fact relate to the feral human living in the Woods in piety, I think many are depicting European Sasquatch, just my opinion.

Also that bit about mary magdalene as being hair covered, tends to make me think the early church, might have known about her as the wife of Jesus. And they sought to discredit her the best way they could? I had always heard that she was a prostitute, another attempt to discredit her, maybe?

Vielen Dank noch einmal.

Guest brucescotland

@ adam

@ skunkfoot

@wudewasa

Just got to say this is one of the reasons i LOVE the forums in general.. My original question has now developed into a far more intersting discussion and im learning all the time.

Although i do beleive a lot of what we read-and is documented regarding Wildmen in old Europe is folklore on a par with Vampires and Werewolfs, i wouldnt desregard what is documented completely out of hand.......I think it would be wrong to just put everthing down to overactive imaginations... same as i think that 1st nations people stories reagrding BF in the US are to often dismissed as nonsence (wrongly)

@Adam Yes im inclined to go along with you regarding Zana... I was delighted when Bourtsev replied direct to me saying that her living ancenstors are proud of her and not at all embarrased by what she was alleged to be..... but anser me this....

her oldest liveing realitives today are only 3-4 generations max from her.....wouldnt a simple DNA test to their ancestory solve the issue once and for all??

Ok folks, let's get this thread back on the subject of "Of Bigfoot Creature in Europe" and stay away from religious references. I'm not going to edit anything [Other Admins may not agree with me] but let's get back on topic please.