Bf Creature In Europe?

Guest brucescotland

If by Europe one means the Western-most edge of Eurasia, then perhaps there are no remnant hominids holding on, though I would hold to the notion that the single biggest factor in our inability to detect a creature equipped by nurture and nature to so capably avoid others is our own confidence that if they were there we'd know it. Western Eurasia is modernizing still, just as in North America, and outlaying areas are de-populating and those remaining are less and less likely to spend time out on the land, particularly at night or when conditions are less than enjoyable. That's not to say that they are hiding in the Bois de Boulogne or lurking on the outskirts of Stockholm, but there is a lot of unoccupied and un-examined space even in Europe.

i don't see why not. there are many sightings in the uk. and if you go and read a lot of reports from the states you'll notice they aren't always in large remote wooded areas. you can always take a walk around and look for "signs".

Sorry buddy, but I just don´t buy sightings in the UK one bit. At least not BF related.. There are more chances of seeing one of them in central continental europe. I don´t know about other cryptids, but BF?

MikeG has a point there. As much as I would love to go "squatchin" in the woods of central europe, there aint a chance of seeing anything remotely sasquatch like!

Edited by hesse

Guest Kerchak

Closest 'possible' area to me (in England) would be the northern Russia area. There's a great story from the Kola Peninsula (south of Murmansk) in Dmitri Bayanov's book. Multiple witness sightings.

Those of you who are advocating the possibility of their being a BF in Europe...........Have you ever visited? Large parts of it are extremely densely populated. Those of us who live here, sceptic or not, can comfortably say no, there is no giant unknown mammal here. If there is any chance, you'd have to be looking towards the Caucuses or Eastern Poland, in other words, the extreme edges of Europe, well behind what used to be the Iron Curtain.

Notions of BF in western Europe are cloud-cuckoo land.

Mike

What about the big old white abominable snowman?

I see it the same way as Kerchak. Also to include are the northern parts of Norway, Sweden and Finnland. There are several Russian reports from just some kilometers of the borders. Caucasus two has sightings. Interesting Link to Russian research: http://stgr-primates.de

Edited by Data

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BFSleuth

I came across this rather interesting article: Vampire on the Loose in Serbia? Residents of a village in Serbia have been instructed to carry garlic in their pockets and wooden crosses in their rooms as a precaution.

What could possibly begin such a rumor? Note the following quote:

"Some locals claim they can hear steps cracking dry forest leaves and strange sounds coming from the rocky mountain peaks...". This sounds similar to witness accounts of bigfoot in North America. It may very well be that the legend of the vampire may have their origin with encounters with a European hairy hominid.

It's always possible for something to migrate back into areas where it has not recently been, particularly if those areas have been set aside as preserves in recent decades.

Guest BFSleuth

If hairy hominids are currently in Europe, it would be more likely they have remained there rather than migrating back in, or at least have survived in pockets within Europe and expanded to their current range. The geography in Serbia is heavily forested and mountainous.

Well, here's my personal slant (read Myra Shackley's Still Living? for where I derived it).

The resistance of Western science to hairy hominoids has to do with the European origins of mainstream North American culture. In Europe, the wildman tradition is recognized as myth by everyone, even those that celebrate it. That recognition prompted European settlers of the North American continent to regard as myth anything they heard about wildman-type creatures - whether Native stories or the sighting accounts both of Natives and Europeans.

In other words: I wouldn't tend to think there are hairy hominoids in Europe. But I'm amenable to having my mind changed.

First, there's no reason particularly that this should be true if there are in NA and northern Asia. Second, databases containing many consistent sighting reports, if they existed, might make me re-think my drink (as I have done with the Yowie).

So.

Any Euro databases out there?

SSR Team

Now hear me out, i live in the U.K and although I am interested in the bigfoot phenomena, i acknowledge that there is no sasquatch in my neck of the woods. But, near where i live is a place called cannock chase, it's basically a huge, protected wilderness area a mixture of thick forest, open heath and fields.

What do you think? Could there be big guys living here?

1 ) It's not huge, it's 26 square miles.

2 ) I just can't believe anyone in their right mind would suggest such nonsense.

3 ) There is no 3, and there is no BF in the UK

For those non European, it is probably very hard to imagine what Europe looked like both during and after the Second world war. The sheer amount of heavy armed men on the ground, who had no real rules about what or whom they could shoot is staggering.

All the Scandinavian countries where occupied and even remote areas had constant military personnel presence. Thousands of people hid and lived in these forest throughout the whole war. They learnt how to hide and avoid the German patrols and even started attacking and then hiding back in the safety of the forest. If anything strange live in these areas, they would have been identified.

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007563

For thousands of years so many armies and wars have been present in this area, that the chance of any BF still remaining must be extreemly low. Imagine 20,000 armed soldiers patrolling day and night for a couple of years in the Washington mountains, do think they would find, see or hear BF. Too dam right they would.

Unlike North America, there are no parts of Western Europe that man has not been.

Maybe this is why BF migrated to North American, to be away from the damaging effects of mankind.

If hairy hominids are currently in Europe, it would be more likely they have remained there rather than migrating back in, or at least have survived in pockets within Europe and expanded to their current range. The geography in Serbia is heavily forested and mountainous.

I was thinking along the lines of expansion/migration out of the pockets into newly protected areas.

SSR Team

The geography in Serbia is heavily forested and mountainous.

It's also seen year after year of War for decades.

Historical Evidence for the Existence of Relict Hominoids

http://www.isu.edu/r...Bayanov_rev.pdf

(On Meldrum's site, The Relict Hominoid Inquiry - http://www.isu.edu/rhi/index.shtml )

‘Britain’s Bigfoot’ spotted in Tunbridge Wells

http://www.kentnews....wells_1_1699895

1 ) It's not huge, it's 26 square miles.

2 ) I just can't believe anyone in their right mind would suggest such nonsense.

3 ) There is no 3, and there is no BF in the UK

Highly unlikely, yes. Impossible, no. Twenty-six square miles of thick forest, with plenty of water and wildlife, would provide a lot of room for hiding. I often go off the regularly-used trails near where I live, and it's apparent, even a few hundred yards off the trail, that no other humans have been in the area possibly for many years. (Today I came across a bleached 33-inch mule deer antler in an open field -- I left it where it was but almost anyone else would have taken it.) For all we know, some families of bigfoot in North America -- assuming they exist, which I believe is the case -- ordinarily stay very close to 'home.'

Edited by Oak