The Next Chapter In The Tent Peeker

One poster here took a screen shot and said "i see sunglasses," well he saw something but the ear pieces of a pair of sunglasses are NOT on the head of this guy. Its eyes move and muscles move, so I'm not calling this one a hoax.

The nose is very compelling and we shall see.

Realistic looking still photo of Sasquatch. Lots of time and money making the head realistic. Real or Fake..............your opinion

In my opinion, the "Camper" looks about 1 Million times more like Patty, which I believe to be real, as opposed to Todd Standing's heads on sticks, which I believe to be fake.

Here's a link to a camper/patty comparison teambigtent.jpg

Edited by Mounty

Guest VioletX

Couldn't someone adhere Hollywood type material to the face and special contac lenses to get both movement and Sasquatch appearance? I don't want this to be a hoax but...

There are several posts on Bigfoot Evidence Blog that pitch a solid case that it is a hoax by Rick Dyer. Isn't this guy a known hoaxer already? It's still unbelievable to me that people who are actually interested in finding proof would themselves perpetrate hoaxes. If it weren't for all of the hoaxing, everyone could focus on real evidence instead of wasting time sorting through rubbish.

Although I've always been interested in the Bigfoot phenomenon, I've only been exposed to the human aspect of it for a relatively short time. The whole Bigfoot scene is pretty sickening to me. Jealous, petty, envious, children trying to gain glory, money, recognition, or whatever. It's pathetic. If you are trying to become rich or famous from it, you might as well go to Hollywood and try your luck there, your odds are probably better. When I see how psychopathically wrapped up some people get in this, it makes me never want to visist a BF related page again. Everybody wanting their own reality shows and whatnot, I think that half of the well known names I've learned about in the "Bigfoot Community" would rather have the attention and a few easy dollars than actually solve the mystery. Between the attention seekers and the type of folks who supposedly encounter something every single time they step into the woods........I'm about done already. I don't know how anyone could put up with this for year after year.

Edited by Irish73

Guest Thepattywagon

What would prompt the most elusive of forest creatures to stroll into a camp in broad daylight and stand 20 feet from an inhabited tent with its back turned?

What would prompt the most elusive of forest creatures to stroll into a camp in broad daylight and stand 20 feet from an inhabited tent with its back turned?

Curiosity, hunger, accident, who knows... Aren't there oodles of reports of bigfoot near campsites? I can think of a bunch, some with video, right off the top of my head.

I don't know guys. I'm not going to dismiss this video outright. I like Fb/FB's analyses on this, PEI, Marble Mtn, etc. There are too many strong similarities among them to simply disregard.

I never judge immediately. I'll wait and read more, and I'll keep an open mind. I have been interested in Bf my entire life but only recently have gotten immersed in the online bigfootdom. Right now I'm leaning toward authentic, but I'll hold out any final judgments until I learn more.

Edited by TD-40

Guest BFSleuth

The original thread about the B&W video is here. (it might be worthwhile to combine threads)...

Whenever researching YouTube videos the FIRST thing that should be done is find the original source of the video, then look at their channel. Indications of hoaxing or spoofing might be found to give you some idea whether the video in consideration is worthwhile.

Facebook/Findbigfoot (FB/FB) failed to do this first step of due diligence. Their modus operandi is to find videos as quickly as possible after they are posted, then post their analysis noting that they were one of the first to view the video. This rush to "confirm" is a problem in bigfootery (read the Elbe trackway thread for comparison).

Let me recap the issues with this video:

• The original Youtube video was posted by "ShootingSasquatch"
  • At the time the original B&W version was posted there were two videos on SS's channel. The B&W version of the inside the tent video, and a short video announcing "shootingsasquatch.com"
  • At that time shootingsasquatch.com itself had about six videos on its main page. There was a video about a video game featuring shooting sasquatch and other videos of the ButchyKid nature. It was MORE than obvious this was a web site dedicated to spoofing and hoaxing bigfoot.
  • ShootingSasquatch.com then removed the content from their web site and attempts to access it were redirected to their Youtube channel page. However, both the original videos were gone and replaced with an announcement video saying "shootingsasquatch.com" is coming soon.
  • Now shootingsasquatch.com is back live, and the announcement is that there will soon be fantastic evidence presented sometime soon at an "international news conference". The address is listed in London (a few doors from the Discovery Channel UK).
  • The web site is owned by Rick Dyer's company: Bigfoot Tracker LLC
  • Rick Dyer (for the uninformed) is one of the key players in the "Bigfoot in a Freezer Hoax", one of the Georgia boys that tried to get money for the rotting meat in the gorilla suit. He's now a former policeman.

If I missed anything, please chime in.

IMHO FB/FB is doubling down on dumb by continuing to attempt to authenticate a video that is so tainted by who posted it and how the entire thing has gone down that I'm (to borrow a great word from our friends across the pond) gobsmacked.

you can't just dismiss a video based on who's account uploaded it. It's possible that a legitimate hiker filmed a real Sasq, then shared the video with whatever online bigfoot "experts" he could find, who then uploaded it onto THEIR site that also contains UFOs, proven hoaxes, unicorns, and mermaids.

You have to know who originally filmed this and their background, not just the background of whatever rogue Yt account may have published it.