Poll: When Do You Think Field Researchers Should Release Information?

Relaying Information   

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am curious about how members of this forum would respond to this question. I hope it's okay that I did this - if not, I am sorry and a moderator can remove it.

But, I am curious as to how this will come out.

I hope I did this right.. :)

Look at this question:

Allow bits and pieces of information - and our opinions about it

Opinions, questions, or critical evaluation - its all the same thing. It sounds to me like your upset because their is a certain amount of negativity missing??

The questions are fine as is. I think the people on this forum are smart enough to figure it out. :)

ULTIMATELY - this question is not about who can insert whatever kind of question or criticism - it is about - when the information should be released :) I think everyone gets it.

BF investigators unfortunately have to act as if they were criminal suspects, that is they have to remember the Miranda warning "If you give up your right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you". As much as I'd like to be up on the latest breaking news, it is no longer possible when certain types of people are just looking for proponent/researcher words to twist.

Voted for Option 4

I voted never because After a body is discovered wasn’t a choice.

Really all the track casts, sound clips and the other less critical stuff is just entertainment until there’s a physical proof .

Guest BFSleuth

I voted for withholding evidence until the investigation is complete. This is normally how it works in the scientific arena anyway, researchers don't post on public forums as they conduct experiments. Any discussions of their work is with colleagues or at conferences where the press aren't allowed.

After the investigation is complete, then publication of the results would be in order and discussion among the public members of the bigfoot community can begin.

It would be nice to have a breakdown of the voters...to know how a researchers who spend at least 30 to 80 nights a year researching would vote , and have submitted data, as opposed to the vote of someone who has never worn that shoe.

That means to me, someone who has put very little into getting anything to submit...ever! Regardless of how big or small the evidence is, Should have a vote that would equal in value someone that has.

This is just my opinion and Observation across the internet.

Yes I voted.

Guest Luckyfoot

I voted second option.

However, I think it is up to the investigator and their intent.

ie. There are probably some who don't care for the limelight and are perfectly content just proving it to themselves. Therefore they don't have any desire at all to share information.

ie., Or a researcher withholding information until a book or paper is published.

What I do have a problem with is the ones who say they have evidence and never share it. If you don't want to share it fine. There is no law ordering you to share whatever evidence you may have. To lead folks on is .... well cheap and shows lack of character. Don't say anything at all, or be transparent and show what you have. Anything else is playing games for the sake of attention. IMHO :scout:

NOTE:

If people do not want to say HOW they voted - that's fine. So far the numbers are really interesting.

Thank you to all who have voted so far :)

Voted option 4. Bits and pieces of info opens the door for too much confusion and speculation. If you are out of ideas, with no definitive conclusion then don't make any statement to that effect, write it up, then open it up to the public.